Ammeter to Voltmeter...who does it?

-
Yea you got that right about low volume and high cost. I tried to scan it myself but it wont lay flat on the scanner so lights bleeds in and mucks up the detail.

Wish someone had a scan of it already.....ANYONE?

What radio dial is this ? Actually, I don't recall how those are put together so I don't know why it wont lay flat. There is always a way.
Maybe a sacrifice dial is the answer. Maybe photo shop skills will correct the scan.

A sacrifice would be in order as they are 3 dim.....boxed corners.

Anyone have a face....I would be happy to do the surgery and get the scan.

Maybe we could share....

The other way to do it is to set it up with a good camera / tripod and take a good hi res shot, then edit and size as needed. With all the different and affordable digi cameras out there, this should not be too difficult

"It's what we did" LOL before flatbed scanners came along.

That's an idea....my wifey has a nice hi res camera....she never lets me touch it but maybe if I beg a little I can con her.

I'll give it a shot after dinner and let you know....in the mean time I'm looking for doner and will share the scan.

A sacrifice would be in order as they are 3 dim.....boxed corners.

Anyone have a face....I would be happy to do the surgery and get the scan.

Maybe we could share....

How can anyone respond since you still haven't told us what radio you have. Good luck

That's an idea....my wifey has a nice hi res camera....she never lets me touch it but maybe if I beg a little I can con her.

I'll give it a shot after dinner and let you know....in the mean time I'm looking for doner and will share the scan.

Take your time, use a tripod, and set up some lighting. You may have to "get into" the camera settings and at the very least change the lighting settings. Something that small, and flat, you should be able to get a fairly undistorted shot. Don't zoom in too tight.

Finally received my custom decals for rally amp to volt conversion.
Shipping took exactly 1 month.

Attachments

• my custom decal.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,190
So I attempted to make my own face using Microsoft Paint and guess what.

It turned out awesome.

Just printed it on some card stock and taped it on. Looks awesome.

Thanks for the motivation.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_5141.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,256
Cool!! As good as some of my photos have turned out, "it's all in the camera" Software and "photoshop" are not my strong points.

I tried the camera....actually two different cameras and took many shots.

Always something to ruin them like shadows, flash or blurriness.....I gave up after 50 shots and tried this. Glad I gave up on the camera cause I am not very good with them.

With a camera, you need a tripod or other solid mount of some sort, and if using a P&S, at least one good enough to do close up (macro) shots. Use two lamps coming in at angles, like 45 degrees

This ain't mine, just a photo pirated off the net. "They" (that's the thems) make "copy stands"

d_1_copystand.jpg

31hJKHi1pGL._SY300_.jpg

That's sweet....also explains why my pics didn't turn out. I took the pics with it sitting on the washing machine since that room was the brightest....lol.

Anyone have pictures or details of how to hook up the wiring and what to do with the factory amp gauge wires?

Greetings,
just wondering if there is a link to the modified Charge wiring diagram once the ammeter has been replaced with the voltmeter? What happens to the two firewall junctions?

There are some excellent, creative solutions on this thread. It deserves to be updated, revisited, and refined.

Kudos to all the contributors!

Thanks for the inspiration!! :prayer:

First the slaughter

ampvolt%20002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Final. Just have to "calibrate" the needle at 12V and paint needles.
Considering white faces in the future

ampvolt%20006.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And its not so hard to Photoshop. My old Opel faces (own design with logo)

Mtartavlor001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I am pretty stoked about this thread and want to do this mod as well. Anybody got the part number of the sunpro volt gage? I was checking these in evilbay, and only found em as 2" gages in a 3 gage under dash set.

Thanks in advance
Matt

The sunpro gage to do this conversion, Is the gage pn# CP8215

Also stopped into autozone today looking because they used to have the sunpro gages there. Figured i might get lucky. No dice, but they did have a white faced 2" volt gage that looked very similar. It was Equus brand # 5268

This looks like it might work for this mod once the sunpro volt gage sources dry up. At $17 you wont feel bad about dissecting one of these for its internal movements.

Matt

-
Back