An 8.75 rear ?

-

73dartsport318

Reaction score
Hey
i ran across to what i believe to be a 62 fury 4 door with an 8.75 rear i know that is is the weakest of them all but that doesnt matter right now i was wondering if it would be worth putting in my 73 dart sport. the guy at the junk yard said he would sell it to me by the pound at 20 cents so like $40. but i cant remeber but i think that someone said that early 8.75 wasnt worth swapping. i think thers also an 8.75 on a rack but im not totaly sure it looks the same but i didnt know where the numbers were supposed to be stamped and what they were. thanks for the help

The early Cbods like you are talking about actually sat on a B body-sized chassis. You should take some measurements and consider your tire/wheel options. It is quite possibly useable the way it is, with maybe no more than a perch relocation required.

ok here comes the wierd part i measured inside brake drum to inside brake drum it was 50 3/8 inches maybe i miss read the tape. what about the tapered axle and press on drum brakes is that really a problem and how hard is it to find parts if i need to replace them. this car is kindof small for a b-body but its not an a-body.

73dartsport318 said:
ok here comes the wierd part i measured inside brake drum to inside brake drum it was 50 3/8 inches maybe i miss read the tape. what about the tapered axle and press on drum brakes is that really a problem and how hard is it to find parts if i need to replace them. this car is kindof small for a b-body but its not an a-body.

That's not the 741 you got there, it's the 657 with that tapered axle and If it were me I'd turn my back on it and save your money.JMO

Terry

-
Back