AN fitting help

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
I not good with an fittings. I need a 90' to fit 3/8 alum. fuel line to 3/8 fuel hose. Can anyone tell me what size and # I'm looking for ?
Thanks

You first need to know what kind of hose you have. Is this common low pressure "hose barb and clamp", or "push lock" or some sort of braided hose that takes a 2 piece fitting/

Next be really sure it's actually AN and not SAE. Caliper the threads and refer to a reference...........thread size chart..........

Technical Information and Support - Russell Performance Plumbing

Thing is, there are ALL kinds, hundreds, maybe thousands of fittings, some made by proprietary "niche" manufactureres

THIS sounds like what you want. then you can use a -6 90' fitting. but like 67Dart273 say's, without knowing what hose your using, it's a big guess what you need

I go to my local hydraulic store. They have different an sizes and weird adapters. No matter braided stainless teflon to regular rubber hose. They usually have them handy. I ran my whole car, returns, vent, supply all with them. They let me buy the fittings, hose and let me bring them home and cut to fit and I brought them back to crimp. It wasn’t cheap (teflon lined stainless braid), but it was compared to buying the an compression fittings one by one at the speed shop. But I think if you only need the one, they can probably hook you up

Just using standard 3/8 hose to fuel pump. 3/8 Alum. tubing from tank. I noticed the fuel line was kinking so thought I would add a 45' or 90' to it.

Kinda expensive, but here is one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F352BRK/?tag=fabo03-20

61JQZ9W2snL._AC_UL115_.jpg

Here are some push-lock which may not be what you want

Aluminum Socketless Reusable Push-On Hose Barb Ends for AN Fittings

47223_L_92c8ccc9-48c4-4b59-b614-551121f19785.webp

Told you I didn't know these fittings lol. No worries I'm just going to shorthen my line a little and put a bubble flair on the end so the hose doesn't blow off.

The other thing is, there are all kinds of niche market fittings that are specially made for hot rodders, and especially now that EFI and other specialized systems are being used. You just have to dig around. Every once in awhile I run across little "doo dads" on the www

So these, while having describable ends, are not "standard" fittings in the traditional sense.

-
Back