AN Fittings

-

69valiant21

Reaction score
What brand AN fittings is everyone using? Why is Aeromotive at least double than other brands?

Jegs often have bad threads. I stick with Russell or Earls.

i did not know this
ive ran AN fittings all the way from the pressure side of my mechanical fuel pump up to the carb, so only a handful of fittings
nothing compared to what some guys here have

99% Summit Brand on my car as well. I think there were 1-2 pieces that Summit didnt make so I needed to buy Earls. I have not had one single problem with any of their fittings.

i did not know this
ive ran AN fittings all the way from the pressure side of my mechanical fuel pump up to the carb, so only a handful of fittings
nothing compared to what some guys here have
There is a reason Jeg's and Summit's house-brand stuff is cheaper. I never bought any Summit fittings, but at least one out of ten Jeg's AN fittings had some messed up threads on them. Usually just burrs or something that could be fixed, but why should I have to? I just stopped buying them.

There is a reason Jeg's and Summit's house-brand stuff is cheaper. I never bought any Summit fittings, but at least one out of ten Jeg's AN fittings had some messed up threads on them. Usually just burrs or something that could be fixed, but why should I have to? I just stopped buying them.
There is a possibility the reason housebrand stuff is cheaper is the same reason brand X parts are cheaper then parts for a mopar...much larger quantities
(Just thinking out loud here)

In this case it is the Chi-Com manufacturing. Who knows what they are using for material. Hate to have one of these fittings with 60 psi of fuel or oil inside it fail.

-
Back