Another 318 set up

-
LOL Dan, I'm an Electro-Mechanical Engineer. Hopefully I figured it out at one point of my life..

Did I claim that a car with way more torque will be faster than a car of the same weight with less torque and way more hp?

NO! I did not.

It seems to me that you are focusing on peak number or you think that I am, IDK. Maybe you don't understand that I get it and you just keep telling me I'm worng eventhough I have provided information that can be looked up and read about. It may also seem like that you are assuming that I think that the low hp torque monster is better for racing than the higher HP engine with some less torque, which is something that I have made no claim on. How about you read what I wrote and tell me which statement or statements I recently today got wrong and breakdown why those statements are wrong. I love learning, so enlighten me.

I don’t “focus” on any number. Do you recall what started this? Dan posted what he thinks will make a bunch of for his engine. It’s dead wrong. Not a thing he posted would do a damn thing to increase torque.

Evidently, Dan thinks like you do. That he needs to “fun” size everything to hunt down the elusive torque monster he thinks is going to move his car.

That’s what I posted about. He won’t make any more torque with what he wants to do and the engine will be a pig. He thinks this way because everything he reads tells him torque is king. The fact is it’s not.

Don’t cares if it’s a Dailey driver or a street/strip car or even a race car. It’s the same science and physics.

Horsepower does the work. I’ve laid it out as many ways as I can and you still don’t get it. You never will. You say educate me. You aren’t capable of learning because it has been explained and you (and most others) don’t like the answer.

That’s because the lie has been repeated so many times in so many places that it is now de facto truth.

Go figure it out. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is dumb.

Does it take torque or horsepower to get this moving? My only dilemma of the day...
20240502_142236.jpg

I didn't start anything. It's not my fault because some people will argue with a rock. Maybe you don't understand the principles of torque and horsepower yourself

Keep asking Dan. That’s how you learn. I’ve posted enough information that it should be CRYSTAL CLEAR that an over anxious love affair with torque will cause you to make engine building blunders.

If anyone can’t handle two men hashing out the facts they need to go take up sewing or some other **** because cars aren’t for them.

LOL Dan, I'm an Electro-Mechanical Engineer. Hopefully I figured it out at one point of my life..
Oh wow, that's awesome. I'm sure that you have. I enjoy reading and learning, I figured that I'm never to old to learn.

I didn't start anything. It's not my fault because some people will argue with a rock. Maybe you don't understand the principles of torque and horsepower yourself
I'm sorry Dan, I never meant to hijack your thread. I just fell for the trap, I should have just sat back and let things run their course. Again, sorry about all this.

I'm sorry Dan, I never meant to hijack your thread. I just fell for the trap, I should have just sat back and let things run their course. Again, sorry about all this.

lol what trap? You tried to prove a lie and couldn’t do it. Don’t apologize, just stop doing it.

That's okay, I understand

I really didn’t intend for this to get off course. I got a 1974 dart sport with a 318 2 barrel, ac,ps,pdb, at, dual exhaust to go look at, it's about a hour from the house and supposedly it's in good condition, won't know till I see it for myself. As of now it looks like early next week is going to be good with the owner. I really hope that this one is it. I don't want or need a tire shredding car, just something that runs well and looks decent.

I don't want or need a tire shredding car, just something that runs well and looks decent.
You've collected more then enough information to do that, a basic 4 bbl with duals and a good tune is probably all you need, start there and if you need more go from there a mod at a time until your satisfied.

You've collected more then enough information to do that, a basic 4 bbl with duals and a good tune is probably all you need, start there and if you need more go from there a mod at a time until your satisfied.
Or Dan could over build it like many have done. Every time you romp on the gas you can't keep the tires under it and you end up wrapping it around a tree. Impressive for sure.

If you read through this thread, and move quickly, reading mostly DTMs responses.

Im telling you guys, the man/kid/whoahman is fuckin with you.

But read the thread kind of quickly. Skip all the parts where you all are putting in good hard facts and info, and just read his responses...... he is fuckin with you.

Anyone ever meet this guy?
You wish I was. Your mom know that you talk like this?

There are times when i actually felt bad for taking the piss, but you are too consistent with your bland response.

AI or some kind of joke.

No pics.

Never any responses with teeth.

You aren't quite a bot, but something is up wit choo boy.

I can already hear the excuses for not posting pics......and it aint cause the dial up in yo mamas basement is too slow.

Or, its a response that crys out "stop pickin on me, I'm just learning"

Ok, ill be the bad guy.

Let's see a mug shot Danny.

That's easy enough to copy n paste.

OR........

Put some real time and thought into responses and not just start fires and walk away. (I did it there. This is the out. "But i DO put time into this, blah blah blah)

Its like you play the victim but just to string it along.

some kind of keystroke game you play with your friends....hmmmmmm

Well you must be winning. Cause we squabble while you sit back. You are a 1%er!!

View attachment 1716245071
You first and your car too

There are times when i actually felt bad for taking the piss, but you are too consistent with your bland response.

AI or some kind of joke.

No pics.

Never any responses with teeth.

You aren't quite a bot, but something is up wit choo boy.

I can already hear the excuses for not posting pics......and it aint cause the dial up in yo mamas basement is too slow.

Or, its a response that crys out "stop pickin on me, I'm just learning"

Ok, ill be the bad guy.

Let's see a mug shot Danny.

That's easy enough to copy n paste.

OR........

Put some real time and thought into responses and not just start fires and walk away. (I did it there. This is the out. "But i DO put time into this, blah blah blah)

Its like you play the victim but just to string it along.

some kind of keystroke game you play with your friends....hmmmmmm

Well you must be winning. Cause we squabble while you sit back. You are a 1%er!!

View attachment 1716245071
My mom's not living anymore and my name is Dan, not Danny

Just sitting here thinking about how many different things can be done to the 318 to improve it's performance. Now this is only something that I thought about while waiting for the wife to get her medicine. Edelbrock AVS2 500 cfm carburetor, performer intake, stock heads with a good 3 angle valve job and bowl work, 1.780" intake/ 1.600 exhaust. Cam, 204* / 214* at 0.050. Stock exhaust manifolds with 2 1/2" exhaust pipes. Curve kit, good coil, chrome box? 3.23's. 2200 - 2500 rpm stall speed converter? Compression from 8.4:1 -9.0 1. Would this make for a fun car to enjoy? Remember, I'm just sitting here thinking
Buy a car.
You ever hear about cart before the horse?

Yes I have. The best thing for me to do is get a car then drive it for a while and see if and what modifications I may need
So go buy a car.

Did I mention to Buy a Car? If not go buy a car.

-
Back