Another 360 to 904 question

-

Polarabill

Reaction score
Hello A-body guys. I was advised to come here with a question I have about installing a 360/904 combo in my 65 Valiant by a member of another forum. I am using the 65 cable shifted 904 behind a 72 360. I have the correct flex plate(finally) and am now looking for an "annular ring" or spacer ring that allows the stock torque converter hub to fit the 360 crank register. Wildcat auto used to sell them but wildcat hasn't been around for awhile. I am hoping some one here knows where I can purchase one at. Thanks for you help

guy on ebay sells them...Torqueflite Patty is his name...

does anyone have a link to torqueflightPatty? I can't seem to find him on e-bay.Unfortunately,I'm not very computer savvy.

does anyone have a link to torqueflightPatty? I can't seem to find him on e-bay.Unfortunately,I'm not very computer savvy.

Here you go buddy:
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torqueflite-904-1960-1967-1-55-O-D-T-C-Pilot-Knob-1968-1-81-Crank-Recess-/370969565999?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item565f825b2f"]Torqueflite 904 1960 1967 1 55 034 O D T C Pilot Knob GT 1968 1 81 034 Crank Recess | eBay[/ame]

That's one of the oddities I had to deal with as well. Works great with my 67 904 and 72 318.

so I also have a 72 360 that i've hooked up to a 904 and the flywheel that i bought from summit is a bit suspect to me. I know from experience that if the tongue converter is not seated correctly and you putt it in gear the your screwed. the flywheel that they sold me seems to push my to urge converter really close to all the way in but not !00% sure about it. It's one of those flat disk shaped ones. Any idea if this will work out ok?

B&M makes plates for this. External balance to neutral converter. Specific issues like the push button trans I'm not familiar with. As far as I know, A B&M plate should take care of you. Just go to there site and/or call them up.

B&M makes plates for this. External balance to neutral converter. Specific issues like the push button trans I'm not familiar with. As far as I know, A B&M plate should take care of you. Just go to there site and/or call them up.

He's talking about the spacer ring for the nose of the converter / crank register. (Early, small snout)

Thanks Del. I'm not always sure of the early stuff. It is very hard to find such vehicles in this part of the world.

-
Back