!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another 4 speed swap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Update on 4 speed progress. Waiting to get cluster gear back so I can check and see if it is going to work. Both ends have grooves where the bushing ride and I am getting them milled smooth. If if takes too much to clean up I would have to use too many shims and that would push the bushing out so far that it wouldn't lock in the case. If it doesn't work I will have to buy another on from brewers. Anyways here are some pictures of the clutch/flywheel and crank bushing to look at. Here is a link for the rest of the pictures: http://s248.photobucket.com/user/ja...?page=1&_suid=1364652384775032322672209671893

100_3526_zps1e4bdf13.jpg

100_3530_zps5034b1c7.jpg

Well I managed to get the cluster gears machined. I have started the build but have run into a possible issue. Nothing major but I will need to make a phone call or maybe someone will chime in. I bought all new stop rings but it turns out I have 2 of the early style and 2 of the later style. My trans had all 4 of the later lug style when I tore it down. Pretty sure that is what needs to go back in. Just wish I had caught this sooner so I could have finished assembling the trans tonight.

Tranny is built and will be going in tomorrow. More pictures will follow.

Just got the tranny in today. Been a busy weeekend. The carpet is in and all trim back in place. Shifter, rods and boot are in as well. I will get a few pictures tomorrow and post them.

I will do that. I can't wait to try it. I should have it ready to go in a couple more weeks.

I have a general question: How hard is it to swap the pedals with everything still in the car? I'm sure removing the steering column would make it easier, but how hard is it with the column just lowered?

I don't know that you'd gain enough clearance for the bracket? When I pulled one out of a parts car, I recall that I ended up having to remove the column, but I don't remember exactly why.

If you are concerned about pulling the companion joint apart at the column, don't. Just get a round punch that fits the size of that pin that attaches it to the steering box and smack it out. It doesn't take much force, because it's a split roll pin. It will go right back in with a few taps, too.

The column wiring likely needs attention, anyway, if you've got untouched ammeter attachments on your dash and a column ignition.

I had to drop the column down to get my clutch pedal assembly out. Just wasn't enough room with it still bolted up. I did not take the column out, just dropped it down. The assembly came out fairly easy then.

I had to drop the column down to get my clutch pedal assembly out. Just wasn't enough room with it still bolted up. I did not take the column out, just dropped it down. The assembly came out fairly easy then.

That's what I was kinda hoping to hear... Thanks!

-
Back