Another 69 383S this one in B7/B5

-
Just fot You BB-Dave.

Hot of the press and looking like it will ready for pick-up next week.. Hope so cause the trailer is already reserved the Dually is full of Fuel and and the Edge w/attitude box is set on "4".

The Resto Shop is working hard so my 16 year old nephew and I can spend some time next month and put some of it back together.

Gerald, all I can say is...OMG WOOOOW!!!!..........Like I said, that stripe makes a HUGE difference!
Did they already cut the stripe at the gas cap indent? Do you need pics of my original paint/red stripe to see where it should end up? Dave

Thanks cawley

You have not posted in a while! Hope you are still making progress and driving that 4-speed should keep you motivated.
Have not been doing much. Just a little here & there. My docs is gona call me with a surgery date, so ive been taking it easy. I got the lower control arms on & sway bar. They put me on short term disability & the amount of money I get sucks. So I have to be careful what spend. Ill put on some pics of what I have done since the last time. Thanks.

Did they already cut the stripe at the gas cap indent? Do you need pics of my original paint/red stripe to see where it should end up? Dave

Not sure if it is cut yet. Does it just get trimmed around the circumference or does it go under the filler?

Not sure if it is cut yet. Does it just get trimmed around the circumference or does it go under the filler?

OK, just looked at my black/red strip car...the stripe goes just over the radius/bend of the indent in the sheet metal.....but I know my yellow/black stripe car was different so I went and checked it.....the stripe goes about 1/8" past the sheet metal edge into the indent. SO I guess the factory wasn't to precise!!!

BB-Dave

Thanks for the reply .

I looked at the factory brochure at it appears to stop right at or over the radius. I am sure the shop researched it prior to cutting. He did not send any updates today so.....

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Got the word the car is ready for pick-up!!!

I am headed to Inman S.C. on Thursday 2 years and one month to the day.

Best thing is My Father of 77 years is coming from Gainesville, Fl. to make the trip with me. Makes it all the more special and I know I will remember it always. I think he is about 3 times more excited than I am but for different reasons. I know some of you that may read this have lost your (Dad-Best friend) and can relate to why the trip is more important than the car. I think he wants to stay a few months and help put it back together, but I am pretty sure mom’s not going to allow that!

Thanks; Le Hodge @ Hodge Restorations and the team for getting it done .

Car came home today ressembly started updates next few days.

Getting some stuff done.

Getting to the point of installing the dash so I can get all the glass in.

Trying to avoid having to lay on my back under the dash as much as possile

Got the wrong brake Tee so I have to wait for it to get here then all this can go back in.

Just about ready to lower this back over the engine-trans/K-frame assembly. Got everything under the dash and the dash installed.

Started putting back on the stainless and got the quarter window regulators re-installed. Not quite as hard as getting them out!!!

On vacation in a week and hope to get it back on it's suspension and get all the glass in.

Finally the day to get some good progress.

That "Empty Cart" sure is a nice site to see.

Installation was a snap for my 16 year old nephew, my wife and myself.. That cart made all the difference and was cheap to build. Not a single scratch on any thing.

What that's heat shield over the brake tee for on big block cars!!!!!!

Thanks Tom Swope @ acurate for reproducing them!

A little tight down there.

What that's heat shield over the brake tee for on big block cars!!!!!!

A little tight down there.

Exactly that.......a heat shield to keep the brake fluid from getting to hot........as u said, only found on BB cars.

This car is so beautiful

Thanks txstang84

Got the exhaust in today and the rear axle assembly. She is off the body wheels and resting on the tires now. A bit tuckered out and enjoying an adult beverage. Will post some pics in the morning.

Gerald, wondering if you know these answers or anyone following this build???
Must be someone here that has done the research?????

Bolts for the rear hatch / sub floor mounting.
Are the lower bolts body color or black phosphate?
Are the upper bolts that mount the door to the hinge black phosphate?

Thanks for putting that up BB-Dave!!!

I have seen them silver cad color as well.

Trouble is it's hard to tell what is original and what someone decided they liked!

My ride "will" not be an dead on resto. But other than bolt on items I want to be close in case something was to go bad and I had to sell it. I figure it would be easier to sell if it could go original resto or resto-mod.

I looked at my blue FB, but not being a fastback guy i'm not positive where the screws you asking about are? Can u post pics? Anything that was added after the body was painted would be black phosphate or a yellow/green cad color.

The bolt's for the hinge top and bottom, lowers also attach the sub-floor upper just the door.

Thanx Ma..

Was hoping to get it back before your thread stalls out, but man can you find a lot of 2nd /Gen pics... that thread is liable to go two more years!

At the rate you are going on putting that fish back together I don't need to find too many more fish pics to keep the thread going long enough for you to post the finished product - LOL! Man you are doing a nice job. I don't have the skill or patience to do what you are doing. Thumbs up and keep the pics coming!

Man it looks nice...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 1969BarracudaROM.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 307
At the rate you are going on putting that fish back together I don't need to find too many more fish pics to keep the thread going long enough for you to post the finished product - LOL! Man you are doing a nice job. I don't have the skill or patience to do what you are doing. Thumbs up and keep the pics coming!

Man it looks nice...

Ma Snart

Thank you..... Made some good progress while on vacation this week. It will slow down from here.

Won't need these anymore....... But they sure made life easy. (US car tool pieces except for the lifting extension my nephew and I fabbed up).

Nose is a tad high but need to get all the rest the car back together before final t-bar adjustments.

Rode over to AMD this am and picked up a new windshield. The old one was scratched beyond repair.

Couple more pics.

Had some custom centercap pieces made for under $10

Decided to have a little fun and put back the paint markings on the rear axle a while back. That yellow "A" is a bit tacky but was there when I cleaned it up.

-
Back