Another 69 383S this one in B7/B5

-
Slow progress!!!

Got a few things done! Wheel wells are undercoated and few more pieces of trim items installed. Working on wiring and the trunk finish panel.

Glass guy is comming next week to review and quote re-installing the front and rear glass. Not intrested in trying to do it myself, side glass is no issue for me.

Long holiday weekend so I should be able to get some more pieces completed.

Well Long weekend but slow progress!! Ribs were good though....

Worked on the car some yesterday and today. Quarter window adjustments trying to kick my backside!!! Its one thing to remove and install them and another to get them adjusted correctly....

Front vent wing and glass was not to bad.... thank goodness.

Dipped the latches in evapo-rust and they came out real nice. A little clear and they still look like the factory plating. Door lock rods and so even easier when you can see in there.

Learned a lot that should make the other side go a little easier.

Installation was a snap for my 16 year old nephew, my wife and myself.
That cart made all the difference and was cheap to build. Not a single
scratch on anything.
Testify brother. I've been preaching for 20 years to anyone that would listen
that lowering the car down over the powertrain is the only way to do it.

Unbelievably beautiful car!

Testify brother. I've been preaching for 20 years to anyone that would listen
that lowering the car down over the powertrain is the only way to do it.

Unbelievably beautiful car!

Until i joined this site I always did them from the top. I can undestand that if you don't want to re-align after a motor change then that may be your best choice. If you are re-building everything then going the bottom route is the best way. In my case the K-frame and all was completed a year before the body was ready and seemed the smartest way to go and was so easy!!!!!

Top notch! Loving your progress. Take your time....it will be worth the effort! tmm

Thank's "Toolman" and all the rest!!!

I can see that parts of this re-assembly are going to be a bit harder than I originally thought, it was a lot easier taking it apart over 2 years ago!!

The car never had the quarter seals in place since I have owned it, and softseal says to install them to pull it back through the front glass channel! Bull crap I say!

I laid the glass flat, outside down and added a little 3M yellow to the channel then laid the seal in at an angle. I then used a fiber tool to set the locking strip back under the chrome edge. I do not not understand how you can pull it through when there are 2 or 3 locking tabs protruding 90 degrees to the face of the chrome.

One thing for sure is anyone that desires to remove the quarter regulator/assemblies it would be "real smart" to measure all the locations fore/aft and thread adjustments prior to disassembly. It will save you lots of time.

Thank's "Toolman" and all the rest!!!

I can see that parts of this re-assembly are going to be a bit harder than I originally thought, it was a lot easier taking it apart over 2 years ago!!

The car never had the quarter seals in place since I have owned it, and softseal says to install them to pull it back through the front glass channel! Bull crap I say!

I laid the glass flat, outside down and added a little 3M yellow to the channel then laid the seal in at an angle. I then used a fiber tool to set the locking strip back under the chrome edge. I do not not understand how you can pull it through when there are 2 or 3 locking tabs protruding 90 degrees to the face of the chrome.

One thing for sure is anyone that desires to remove the quarter regulator/assemblies it would be "real smart" to measure all the locations fore/aft and thread adjustments prior to disassembly. It will save you lots of time.

I just stumbled on this......... SUPER, nice, work.

Trying some ideas on how to restore the trunk finish panel. I have a used up one that came off the car and had the lock hole punched. So it's the Guinea Pig.....

I tried a few methods to mask the letters (liquid mask, packing tape and more) nothing worked good. After stripping the panel again I tried a few more methods.

The "BAR" was coated with some chapstick and was to hard to get where you need it. Failed!

I sprayed all the letters and tried to clean off the paint on the "UDA" with a blue shop towel moistened with laquer thinner and wrapped tightly around a paint stick. It wiped some of the black out of the reliefs. Failed!!

For the "RAC" in the middle I used a hard plastic scraper with some lint free cloth moistened with laquer thinner and tightly wrapped. I think this is gonna work and left the cleanist edge.

Hate to buy the re-pop and now that Classic Industries owns the tooling and has not started production with OER they are scarce... Finding a NOS would be even harder and most likely to far out of my budget.

So for the time being I am just going to dress up the other one I have as it only has some very minor dings... But needs a complete re-paint due to the previous owner painting body color over the original black.

Went to put the grilles in today and have a little issue.....

Passenger side bucket mount was replaced and re-attached to my original fender. The bucket mount came off a 68 donor fender. The shape of the mounting ring and the fact it does not have the mounting brackets for the eyebrow trim is an bit of a problem.

Thought about using a left side headlight pan as the adjusting screws are on the left side, but I still would have no way to mount the eyebrow trim. Looks like I will need to drill the 4 spots on the mount tabs and re-use just the mount ring from the old bucket. Fortunately that area is blacked out and a little touch up should be easy.

That is one bad *** ride. I love it.

Thanks....

Think I remember seeing a post from you this week about having all the parts for your project.

Hope we see some pics of it soon...

Can't wait to see it done!! Love It!!

You and Me both, "As far as getting it done" !!!!!!

Picked up my interior panels today freshly sprayed in B5.

Have the front and rear glass scheduled to be installed first of next week.

Maybe I can start putting the interior in next weekend if the glass install is complete.

Back to that headlight mount issue....

Got the Dremel out and ground out around the spot welds without going through the back, grab hold and tink she popped right off.

Waiting for the correct replacement and 4 tacks with the MIG and little more black paint and problem should be resolved.

Thanks to Davescuda for the quick ship on that part!!!!

Nice clean part to start with but went ahead a soaked overnight in Evapo_Rust. Sprayed in B7 to match.

Got around to welding it back in today.Headlight mount issue solved...

Glass guy did not make it last week, maybe next week. Getting tired of waiting on him so I started prepping the doors so I can get the panels installed. Found some black paper tape that matched to factory stuff real good. Wife bought 2 rolls and for sure will only use about 1/4 of one roll. I will get the other grill installed now and Calypso will have her face back.

Rain stopped so back at it.

Last Grille in and Bumper test fitted.

Maybe my Valance will get here soon....

I love it, Mine is B5 with a B5 interior.

Attachments

• 185491_3499794973447_260193475_n.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 1233599_10204108745108003_3200837664141136967_n.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 10492171_10202197940258092_8405087999982274062_n.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 236
Thanks Dan!!!

You sent me lots of pics of yours when I started tear down 2.5 years ago!!

She's starting to come around! All those 67 interior pieces are long gone as well as the blackout inside. I am really liking this B7/B5 combo.

On of the biggest compliments I get at shows is the B5 interior...It sure is pretty to look at. And its the way it came from the factory. Wait till you get to drive it your not going to be able to slap the smile off your face. lol

-
Back