Another addition to the land of many squirrels.

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
It has happened again. My oldest pet Abbey lost her battle with cancer today and has joined up with her old buddy Barney who also lost his battle with cancer a few years ago. It was in her bones and I can only imagine the pain she was in was horrible. We made a family choice to put an end to her pain. She had given up eating and just about everything else. We had pain meds and gave her what she needed but as this bad stuff spread within her it became apparent she was ready to go. R.I.P. Abbey. You will be missed, not forgotten, and never replaced. Goodbye Big Girl!!!

Below in the first picture is our Barney who went first and was her best buddy.

The second picture is of the little guy we found and brought home and made some room for to keep Abbey company.

The last picture is Abbey with her Dallas lurking around nearby with Abbey's absolute best friend, my daugter Beth. This picture was taken about two hours before Abbey left us.

Embrace your pets foks. They are only around for a short time and they have so much to teach us about life.
Chas.

Attachments

• Barney and Abbie 004.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 001.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 101.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 228
Sorry for your loss. They are like family.

"Sad to see ya go Abbey, get a squirrel for me"

Attachments

• CHOPS (Small).jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 215
Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It has kind of all sorted itself out. our Abbey is dearly missed. We found out her cancer was pretty bad and she was in alot of pain. All of us feel better knowing she is in no more pain and running free again with her old friend Barney. The family is moving again but our home has this empty feeling. I felt a sudden cool breeze while out on the deck having a quiet moment the other night. I think she may have just stopped by to check on us. My daughter is doing better now but still misses her as Abbey was closest to her. My grandkids could care less as they did not care much for Abbey. My wife and I are sad, still weeping a bit, and dealing with this. Its my little guy Dallas who is having a bad time. He has never been alone (without another dog) his entire life. He is mourning big time. Not eating, quit going out in the yard, and lost much of his kooky behavior. We talked to our vet and even she thinks another younger, smaller and active dog may be needed to help him get back to living again. We are looking around for another Sheltie for him and we are trying to get one about a year old. Wouldnt you know it there is none to be found around here. When you dont want a pup you trip over offers. Guess we will just take it a day at a time. Maybe Dallas will just snap out of it saving us from having to get another dog as do not really want another one right now!!
Chas.

So sorry to hear of your family's loss, Chas. Check out rescue organizations on the web. You'll be giving a lonely pooch a new 'forever' home.
Sometimes it's hard to know "who rescued who".

Pets all have unique personalities, and no two are the same. I feel your pain with your loss. The best thing you can do is adopt a stray from your local SPCA in memory of your lost loved pet.

It has happened again. My oldest pet Abbey lost her battle with cancer today and has joined up with her old buddy Barney who also lost his battle with cancer a few years ago. It was in her bones and I can only imagine the pain she was in was horrible. We made a family choice to put an end to her pain. She had given up eating and just about everything else. We had pain meds and gave her what she needed but as this bad stuff spread within her it became apparent she was ready to go. R.I.P. Abbey. You will be missed, not forgotten, and never replaced. Goodbye Big Girl!!!

Below in the first picture is our Barney who went first and was her best buddy.

The second picture is of the little guy we found and brought home and made some room for to keep Abbey company.

The last picture is Abbey with her Dallas lurking around nearby with Abbey's absolute best friend, my daugter Beth. This picture was taken about two hours before Abbey left us.

Embrace your pets foks. They are only around for a short time and they have so much to teach us about life.
Chas.

I love my Sadie girl. She is getting old about 10 people years. Isnt that 70 dog years. She is an old girl, grey on her muzzle. I will be heartbroken when she goes. Even tho im a pretty busy person i always take the time to spend some with her. With 4 kids and a wife, sadie doesnt get as much attention as she used to but i do my best.

Its upsetting to hear of your loss. Dogs are truly mans best friend. They are members of your family. Putting Abbey out of her pain was the right thing to do. Grieving takes time, just try to remember the fun times you all had with her. Keeping her memory alive in this way honors the place she has within your families hearts.

I am so glad God made these lil guys for us to love, it just sucks that they get called back home to him too soon.

God bless

Matt

Our condolensces, Im afraid our little Jemma is on borrowed time right now. She is about 17 years old. Here she is and Rufus our black lab. Jemma is the Jack.

Attachments

• DSCF8514 (Medium).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCF8529 (Medium).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 93
-
Back