Another Cool License Plate Score

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Awhile back, you may remember the thread I started about finding a set of vintage 65/66 MN plates for my dads 66 Cuda, license plate number was 273 to match his engine.....Well, I scored a pair of new old stock 1968 Minnesota plates for my 1970 340 Swinger, plate number is 340, the plan is to use them on the car after it gets restored...may be awhile lol :glasses7:

In MN, the plates run for 3 years, so a new 1970 car would have a 68 plate with a 69 and/or 70 tab sticker, then 71 a new stamped plate came out, then went another 3 years.

These plates were still sealed in their plastic bag but I opened them up hee hee....one is bent a little but should be able to fix that, now just need to find some 70 tab stickers......:D

Attachments

• DSC00288.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC00290.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC00289.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC00293.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC02842.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 348
  • DSC02848.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 384
Nice score Keith those will look sweet.
Funny how different states did different things for issuing plates. Down here every year got a different plate and some years overlapped so you could have 2 different colored plates but have the same year car

Very nice!

They didn't finish the saying on the top of the plats...

Minnesota, land of 10,000 lakes and only 3 fish.... LOL!

I love that car. One of my favorite cars ever. License plates are perfect for it. Great score. (You should get that bad boy running and drive it just as-is!).

Nice score man!

I have a set of 340 VA plates I found a couple of years ago. Plus I plated my 69 Dart years ago and the lady at the DMV gave me 225 plates, she asked if that was an ok number, I said it was just ok! have put the 225 plates on just about every 225 car I have had. The last picture is some Texas plates I bought last year.

Attachments

• Hemi_Plate.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 1967Barracuda.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 352
I would have to register them as "collector" plates, I would think if that exact number/letter sequence is not being used then it should be ok, if not, I can still run one on the front like a vanity plate so either way, no biggie...just cool to have it.

Great score!
Did you sniff them after opening them??

I would have to register them as "collector" plates, I would think if that exact number/letter sequence is not being used then it should be ok, if not, I can still run one on the front like a vanity plate so either way, no biggie...just cool to have it.

Sticky work in CA's DMV, as well. Need 2 plates(used 60's black/ 50's yellow),and a bill of sale.(to retro fit,to a matching ride).

I looked around at a few insurance places in my 'hood' and got some nice plates! Too bad it's got a 383. :)

Attachments

• 20140309_190451_resized.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 298
That's exactly what i was going to say!!!!!!!!!

4=for, Y=Your, I=Info.........340

At first I thought it was probably obvious, but then I thought about how cool it would be if Keith didn't catch it until now.

Probably did though.

Cool stuff. I've got Idaho "year of manufacture" plate, which allows me to get rid of the front plate and just use a Mopar logo plate. Unfortunately, you're stuck with green plate, white letters, cause that's whut "wuz" in 67

It's only 4 digits, and the county I was born 'n raised in

attachment.php

3 plates i have, 2 are obvious
MYH-383 to me is MY H-code=383.....H-code in '67-'69 Bcuda and Dart is BB 383 car!!!!

Attachments

• P4090362.JPG@50%.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 307
  • P4090363.JPG@50%.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 287
  • P4090364.JPG@50%.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 308
Just a question for understanding...

You get the letters/numbers of the registration-office, right?

Do you get the plates off them, too?

Or do you go to a sign-service to stamp them?

I ask because I would like to have some "like original style" from 1974, with my initials. It doesn't need this tab-sticker.

But it must be like an original plate.

Is this possible to get one?

Here I can go the stamp-service and print every number/letter combo on an original number plate - it only becomes a problem if this combo is used or reserved and I want it for official use at my car. But a lot of people here have a second set of plates with their names...

-
Back