Another dadgum WIW thread (71 EV2 GTX)

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Okay all, I am trying to get a ballpark idea of what this car may be worth. I know it is one of 2538 440 Auto 71 GTX's produced and this one has a few cool options including A/C, EV2 Paint, white and black interior, white stripe, console, etc... The fender tag is easy to read and is pretty full. The car is a total project but is relatively solid and complete. It is not numbers matching but does come with a 71 correct 440 HP virgin block and a complete 440 engine. The car would make an awesome and stunning car once done. What do you all think it's worth? $3500? $4500? I am not really sure. Here are a few pics.

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

damn that '71 is on my list of cars I want to own! ('cept 4spd but that can be changed) yha it very well might be worth what you are thinking but I know I wouldn't pay over 2 since it needs at least one full 1/4.

I agree that the 1/4 is a big down fall, but other than that, it's very complete and rust free. All the A/C stuff is there. It's a really nice car. I have seen those hoods sell for $600-$800 by them selfs.

Nice find there J 8). It looks like a nice dry desert car that a good body & paint man can turn into a real jewel. You sure have a nose for these old Mopars......quite the knack!!

I don't know on value.......hmmm. Would love to see it restored :cheers:.

3k max. Just my 2 cents. That quarter missing is really odd. And is all the glass there in good condition?

Id rather have the '70 in that last pic. Thats a pretty one right there.

I already know what we can get it for, but as some of you know, I work with a "flipper" and sell allot of stuff for him. It's pretty good side money. I am just trying to see if there is interest in it. We will be including some parts including the 71 440 HP block.

Oh, and I didn't mean to post the 70. That car is sitting in a barn not to far from here. Numbers 383 4spd air grabber tripple black w/ dust trail car.

Looking it's condition i'm not sure what should it's prize be? but i guess $2000 will do. If you repair it at your cost and then try selling it, you might get good prize including repairing cost.

-
Back