Another drag strip leaving us

-
Here in New England the drag ways are built in dead area. Then over time people build homes around the tracks and complain about the noise, weekend traffic and anything else they can. Then run the tracks out of business. We are down to just a few left. Epping New Hampshire (New England Dragway) and Oxford, Me.
Or go to Upstate NY for Lebanon Valley.
When these locations were rocking they either bought up the property around them and protected themselves or they did not.
Sadly part of the issue was their own business plan. Next generation not wanting the hassle also plays into it. Taxes and people not understanding what they have also does not help. Locals dislike the noise on Sat and Sundays but like the fact it draws lots of revenue to the local economy. We need to get Musk into Drag racing. Let him buy a few tracks up and help save our sport. (Or someone like him.)
Syleng1
Let's not forget about Winterport Dragway in Maine.

And when the drag strips are extinct, next target will be firing ranges... Already seeing new to the area people complaining on Nextdoor about "shots fired". There are several ranges around here. Same people also complain about the airport. Gee, (dummy) didn't you notice the 737 on approach when you were touring your house before you bought it?

Tell me about it !!!! We lost Englishtown a few years ago and Atco recently leaving my home track Island Dragway as the only track left in N.J..... ETown and Atco simply put ... $$$ and greed over passion and conscience... both closings had nothing to with noise and complaining neighbors... I just ran Atco back in May

-
Back