Another Eye-Popper in the Parking Lot!!!!

-

Rick@Laysons

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
In our parking lot just before lunch..... :thumbsup: Damn fine lookin ride!!!!

'70 Dodge Dart, 318, console automatic......this is a FABO board member's car!:steering:

1683140990970.jpeg

1683141017794.jpeg

1683141046592.jpeg

1683141076107.jpeg

1683141098807.jpeg

Never have polished rallye trim rings looked so good.

I guess that back in 1983, some people called the "Mini-Rams" stationwagons...... :realcrazy:

1983 Dodge Ram Van Actually an Economical Station Wagon

I do like all of the creature comforts this model offers compared to the Tradesman version, makes the longer trips a little more comfortable for an old geezer like me....
I hear you on the creature comforts.
A Dodge Tradesman van makes me remember getting one and putting everything that I wanted in it. Of course it looked like I did it myself.
Nostalgia brings back memories of days gone bye.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I was headed from Vashon Island to Battleground, WA for a 300 mile round trip shakedown cruise.. Except for a persistent brake squeal at 35-50 mph, the car performed flawlessly. I got my first real chance to use the manually activated overdrive and lock up converter (A500 Torqueflite - RH42). At 70 mph using the regular 3 speeds it was cruising at 2300 rpm, overdrive dropped it to 1900rpm and the lockup dropped it to 1750 or so. I've had some nice white and black 70 Darts for many years and am used to getting comments whenever I stop for food or gas, but nothing like the Plum Crazy car!!! People who were clearly not car folks, lots of them women who had never noticed a Dart before in their lives, went out of their way to come over and say nice things and ask questions. It was a hoot!

Early this summer I'll be headed out on a 5000 mile roadtrip across the country to get to Carlisle by a winding route. Look for this car there and if you don't see it say a little prayer!

DSC04832.JPG

DSC04823.JPG

SWINGER CUSTOM GT

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I was headed from Vashon Island to Battleground, WA for a 300 mile round trip shakedown cruise.. Except for a persistent brake squeal at 35-50 mph, the car performed flawlessly. I got my first real chance to use the manually activated overdrive and lock up converter (A500 Torqueflite - RH42). At 70 mph using the regular 3 speeds it was cruising at 2300 rpm, overdrive dropped it to 1900rpm and the lockup dropped it to 1750 or so. I've had some nice white and black 70 Darts for many years and am used to getting comments whenever I stop for food or gas, but nothing like the Plum Crazy car!!! People who were clearly not car folks, lots of them women who had never noticed a Dart before in their lives, went out of their way to come over and say nice things and ask questions. It was a hoot!

Early this summer I'll be headed out on a 5000 mile roadtrip across the country to get to Carlisle by a winding route. Look for this car there and if you don't see it say a little prayer!

View attachment 1716086503

View attachment 1716086504
SWINGER CUSTOM GT
Mighty cool cars!

SWINGER CUSTOM GT
I agree. My InViolet Duster gets so much attention, and it's because of the color. It's not my favorite (B5 is) but I do love it, especially with the V24 style blackout.

SWINGER CUSTOM GT
You swinging through the SW?

-
Back