Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
I'm still hoping that I'll have the Barracuda ready for the local car shows this season. In my spare time I was playing around with the paint program and my printer. I wanted to make a couple of t-shirt transfers that I could wear when I go. I'm limited to only 8&1/2" by 11" because of my printer size. Originally I had talked to a shop about making them for me, but the cost would have been more than I wanted to spend. I still need to get the wrinkles out.

FRONT
img_0138-jpg.jpg

BACK

img_0139-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_0138.JPG

View attachment IMG_0139.JPG

Last edited:
Love the logo,and good thread. I think you did well,by choosing MRL. Love the car.

Love the logo,and good thread. I think you did well,by choosing MRL. Love the car.

I talked to Mike on the phone today and he said he would try to get me pictures of the engine assembly as he's putting it together.

Last edited:
Well the practice tree showed up. All of the lights function. It's taking me a while to figure out how to set up all of the options. Excuse the messy garage.

The left lane has red lighted here and the win is shown for the right lane.
img_0149-jpg.jpg

The 2 green lights indicate that both sides successfully left without leaving early and the top lights show the winning reaction time for the right lane.
img_0150-jpg.jpg

Left lane gets the win with the better reaction time. The actual reaction times are shown digitally on the hand held display.
img_0151-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_0149.JPG

View attachment IMG_0150.JPG

View attachment IMG_0151.JPG

Last edited:
I just ordered a driveshaft safety loop from US Car Tool. We already have one of theirs on our Charger and were pretty impressed with the design.

1-jpg.jpg

View attachment 1.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I came across a used silver leather jacket on eBay. I got it for six bucks. (no doubt cheap because of the CHEEZE-IT emblem)

11-jpg.jpg

I think this 11" wide Plymouth patch should look good on the back.

8-jpg.jpg

To further try to make the jacket look like it's era correct to go with the car, I'll sew this Irwindale patch on the front over the old emblem.
9-jpg.jpg

Combined with the helmet, I think it'll be OK.

10-jpg.jpg

View attachment 11.JPG

View attachment 8.jpg

View attachment 9.JPG

View attachment 10.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I came across a used silver leather jacket on eBay. I got it for six bucks. (no doubt cheap because of the CHEEZE-IT emblem)

View attachment 1714709707
I think this 11" wide Plymouth patch should look good on the back.

View attachment 1714709708
To further try to make the jacket look like it's era correct to go with the car, I'll sew this Irwindale patch on the front over the old emblem.

View attachment 1714709709
Combined with the helmet, I think it'll be OK.

View attachment 1714709710

OK, so I was enjoying your Cuda and trying not to covet the car, then you show this jacket with the patches and now I am REALLY jealous. ;-)

Love the thread and btw, the headlights look great. Can't wait to hear the 408 is in.

I'm back to working on the air cleaner decal again. The vinyl shop that was supposed to make them for me has not answered their phone for over three weeks now. I'm going to try to make my own now. I bought some special high pigment ink for my Epson printer that is supposed to be color fast and hold up to UV rays. And I found that you can buy self adhesive decal printer paper that's designed for making bumper stickers with an inkjet printer. So I've been back on my paint program trying to get the design ready to print. - Trying to smooth out some of the blotchiness and increase the contrast. I'll have to smooth out a few other flaws too.

1-jpg.jpg
air2bbstr-jpg.jpg

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment air2bbstr.jpg

Last edited:
I'm back to working on the air cleaner decal again. The vinyl shop that was supposed to make them for me has not answered their phone for over three weeks now. I'm going to try to make my own now. I bought some special high pigment ink for my Epson printer that is supposed to be color fast and hold up to UV rays. And I found that you can buy self adhesive decal printer paper that's designed for making bumper stickers with an inkjet printer. So I've been back on my paint program trying to get the design ready to print. - Trying to smooth out some of the blotchiness and increase the contrast. I'll have to smooth out a few other flaws too.

View attachment 1714711275View attachment 1714711276

Love that shot,the original is on my t.v. stand. It's just bitchin'.... Nice helmet.

The lights look good what did you do to change the color?

Because the headlights that i have on the car were a bit pricey (halos), I chose not to spray them with translucent paint. I also was unsure which color to choose to put on. So I went on eBay and bought 3 rolls of self adhesive colored translucent vinyl. I bought yellow, orange, and blue. After holding each over the headlights I decided on orange. I liked the blue better but it didn't seem to match in with the rest of the car. One problem with using this vinyl is that it does not like to conform to the curvature of the headlight. This is an eBay link to one of the rolls I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360805532438?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Last edited:
Love that shot,the original is on my t.v. stand. It's just bitchin'.... Nice helmet.

Thanks Abodybomber. If this does work out making air cleaner decals I'll make some various ones available to FABO members for cost plus shipping.

Last edited:
kool cuda,,,,question,whats the cost of the rear disc kit,and how do you like it ? any noticable difference?

1967 'cuda, can i have your logo???

I sure as heck don't copyright anything. I've got a handful of extra vinyl decals around that I had a shop make. I could mail you some if you're interested. - Or if you want to just copy stuff off the web here, that's OK by me. I'm just flattered that anybody likes them.

I took some pictures of some of the extra decals I have lying around.

This one is about 7&1/2" in diameter and has a bolder circle around it. I have 1. $4
img_0166-jpg.jpg

This one is the same as I used on my rear quarters. I have 1. $4
img_0172-jpg.jpg

This is a stretched version I had made for either trailer or tool box. I have 2. $8 ea
img_0173-jpg.jpg

This is a smaller version of the ones I had made for my quarters. It measures about 5&1/2" in diameter. It is the size I used on my helmet. I have some of these in black. Some in white. - And some in Silver. I have 4 white, 4 silver, and 2 black. $4 ea
img_0175-jpg.jpg

I purchased these online for our Charger project to put on the brake calipers. We decided to use white ones instead, so these are extras. I have this one set of 4. $6
img_0174-jpg.jpg

The last vinyl shop I went to made me this decal instead of the one that I had given them specifications on for the air cleaner. It didn't fit. I have 1. $20 (that's what they charged)
img_0171-jpg.jpg

small blue Plymouth emblem. I should have a couple lying around. I have at least 1 maybe 2. $1.50 ea
img_0170-jpg.jpg

Larger Plymouth emblem in red that I had considered for the sides of my hood scoop. I have 2 $8 ea
img_0167-jpg.jpg

smaller version of the orange BARRACUDA decals I had made for the hood. I have this one pair. $ 10 for the pair
img_0168-jpg.jpg

THE RAPID TRANSIT AUTHORITY decal - same as on the back of the helmet. I have 1. $2
img_0169-jpg.jpg

If anyone is interested in any of those decals, the envelope with postage would run an extra $2 per order.

View attachment IMG_0166.JPG

View attachment IMG_0172.JPG

View attachment IMG_0173.JPG

View attachment IMG_0175.JPG

View attachment IMG_0174.JPG

View attachment IMG_0171.JPG

View attachment IMG_0170.JPG

View attachment IMG_0167.JPG

View attachment IMG_0168.JPG

View attachment IMG_0169.JPG

Last edited:
kool cuda,,,,question,whats the cost of the rear disc kit,and how do you like it ? any noticable difference?

This was the second kit we'd purchased from Right Stuff Detailing. The other setup was for our '68 Charger. The Charger is still a mile away from being ready to hit the road. - And I won't know how well they work on the Barracuda until after Mike finishes the stroker motor for me. At that time I'll be swapping out the engine, transmission, rear end, headers,and driveshaft. Sorry but I don't remember the cost offhand. I know we got a heck of a deal on the Charger set because JEGS screwed up on their ad. They had the emergency brake equipped ones advertized at the price of the kits without. - It's a whole 'nother story, but it ended up saving us a couple hundred bucks. I ordered the Barracuda set is without e-brake because we're running an automatic in it and I'm a cheap bastard.

Of course, I've already got the front converted over to manual discs. Good pedal feel. Stops straight. Happy so far.

fstfish you don't know how much I kick myself for not buying your car when it was for sale. I hope it got a really good home.

Last edited:
I also have a pair of these decals made to fit on a Mopar oval air cleaner. I had one made for Jim Lusk but the other is an extra. I was chatting back and forth with Jim and we sort of collaborated on the design for his son's car. It's designed to take the place of the six pack decal. As you can see the vinyl shop got the Dart insignia crooked. I still need to get the second decal done for Jim before I send him anything. $10

img_0178-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_0178.JPG

Last edited:
This was the second kit we'd purchased from Right Stuff Detailing. The other setup was for our '68 Charger. The Charger is still a mile away from being ready to hit the road. - And I won't know how well they work on the Barracuda until after Mike finishes the stroker motor for me. At that time I'll be swapping out the engine, transmission, rear end, headers,and driveshaft. Sorry but I don't remember the cost offhand. I know we got a heck of a deal on the Charger set because JEGS screwed up on their ad. They had the emergency brake equipped ones advertized at the price of the kits without. - It's a whole 'nother story, but it ended up saving us a couple hundred bucks. I ordered the Barracuda set is without e-brake because we're running an automatic in it and I'm a cheap bastard.

Of course, I've already got the front converted over to manual discs. Good pedal feel. Stops straight. Happy so far.

fstfish you don't know how much I kick myself for not buying your car when it was for sale. I hope it got a really good home.

thanks for the info on the rear discs hope you post here how you like them,,im wanting a set for my coupe,, well i wish a mopar guy would have bought the barracuda,,,,it was priced to sell,,,i had it 28 years was the build of my dreams,,,all tho wasnt as detailed as i would of liked it to be every day life gets in the way,,,
it has been sold 3 times since i had it only 1 year ago,,,the guy that has it now seems like a car guy of any brand,,and has a few old time looking drag/street cars

i like the art work you do ide like to find out how to get some thing like the scat pac bee or rumble bee bee made to a clear back round decal for ,my 40 coupe,, ill check jegs for the braks,thanks

thanks for the info on the rear discs hope you post here how you like them,,im wanting a set for my coupe,, well i wish a mopar guy would have bought the barracuda,,,,it was priced to sell,,,i had it 28 years was the build of my dreams,,,all tho wasnt as detailed as i would of liked it to be every day life gets in the way,,,
it has been sold 3 times since i had it only 1 year ago,,,the guy that has it now seems like a car guy of any brand,,and has a few old time looking drag/street cars

i like the art work you do ide like to find out how to get some thing like the scat pac bee or rumble bee bee made to a clear back round decal for ,my 40 coupe,, ill check jegs for the braks,thanks

If you find out your old car is ever going up for sale again please let me know. I really am kicking myself for not buying it from you. I used a picture of it as wallpaper on my computer for a long time.

I'm really hoping I'll be able to turn out some quality decals myself, but until the supplies come I won't know how good the results will be. I know I'm limited to 8 & 1/2" X 11". I'm not trying to go into business with this stuff. But it's not always easy to get the results I want from the vinyl shops. I see that they sell that decal material with white background and with clear background. - But if I understand right, they recommend the clear background for light colored cars.

If it turns out that I really can turn out nice decals, I'd gladly work with you on designing something for the '40. For me it's just a hobby so I just like to do it for fun.

Last edited:
-
Back