Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
thanks man! i'll definitely have to hit you up for those or get some made for mine. go check mine out!!

I looked but couldn't find it. Is it shown on another topic? Send me the link.

Oops, I found a picture of it now in the Gen2 Barracuda Suspension thread. A true Formula S, side dumps! Cool! The stance with the wheels makes it look like it's ready for a road course. Nice!

Last edited:
If you find out your old car is ever going up for sale again please let me know. I really am kicking myself for not buying it from you. I used a picture of it as wallpaper on my computer for a long time.

I'm really hoping I'll be able to turn out some quality decals myself, but until the supplies come I won't know how good the results will be. I know I'm limited to 8 & 1/2" X 11". I'm not trying to go into business with this stuff. But it's not always easy to get the results I want from the vinyl shops. I see that they sell that decal material with white background and with clear background. - But if I understand right, they recommend the clear background for light colored cars.

If it turns out that I really can turn out nice decals, I'd gladly work with you on designing something for the '40. For me it's just a hobby so I just like to do it for fun.

i sure will if i ever hear its for sale again,, and thanks for using my car as wall paper,,,,and some thign for the 40 would be great ide gladly pay for soem thign kool,,,,,,,,

ide like to find out how to get some thing like the scat pac bee or rumble bee bee made to a clear back round decal for ,my 40 coupe

What exactly were you thinking about doing? A window sticker? Or incorporating a tail stripe? Single color or multiple colors? Maybe something centered on the trunk lid?

If I could make a suggestion... - I would try to modify the emblems used during that time period (1940). That way they would have a more significant connection with the car. I looked for some images on Google to get an idea of possible directions to start with.

1-jpg.jpg

2-jpg.jpg

If you get a chance try to send me more pics of the coupe so I can get a better idea of options for you to consider.

Mr Norm had produced a Dodge Rumbler that has an insignia very close to what you might want. It could easily be modified to blend with your '40.

7-jpg.jpg

3-jpg.jpg

5-jpg.jpg

You could personalize the lettering. This would be a rough example.

capture-jpg.jpg

View attachment 1.JPG

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 7.jpg

View attachment 3.JPG

View attachment 5.JPG

View attachment Capture.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up an oval air cleaner made by MOPAR PERFORMANCE for myself. It doesn't have the bracket to secure the top to the base, but that should be an easy fab. If it fits, I'll paint the lid orange and install one of those CUDA decals that I've been working on.

20-jpg.jpg

I set one of the mock up decals on my round JEGS air cleaners to see if it would look OK. If the new oval air cleaner doesn't fit I'll probably paint this lid orange and decal it.

img_0179-jpg.jpg

View attachment 20.JPG

View attachment IMG_0179.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
Amazing car man.

Thanks DarcCuda66. I am really trying to achieve that 'drag car' look but still keep it streetable. I'm still not satisfied with the way it handles so I may have to put radials on it. I hate to give up those front runners and M/Ts but I don't want it to be a bear to drive. (it's fine now for going straight) I'll probably end up with a pair of skinny radials up front and some drag radials on the rear.

Last edited:
Nice find, on the tree... Practice???? (Lol).

Yeah, it's a practice tree. Although I bought it as garage art and to display at car shows, I'm also going to try to get myself capable of cutting a good light. It's been over 35 years since I've raced on a strip and my reaction times sucked back then. With a little work and some light beams this could still be converted to act as a functioning start light that would still measure reaction times.

Last edited:
What exactly were you thinking about doing? A window sticker? Or incorporating a tail stripe? Single color or multiple colors? Maybe something centered on the trunk lid?

If I could make a suggestion... - I would try to modify the emblems used during that time period (1940). That way they would have a more significant connection with the car. I looked for some images on Google to get an idea of possible directions to start with.

View attachment 1714712622

View attachment 1714712623

If you get a chance try to send me more pics of the coupe so I can get a better idea of options for you to consider.

Mr Norm had produced a Dodge Rumbler that has an insignia very close to what you might want. It could easily be modified to blend with your '40.

View attachment 1714712624

View attachment 1714712625

View attachment 1714712626

You could personalize the lettering. This would be a rough example.

View attachment 1714712627

thanks,, im not a fan of the ram symbol,,but the blue ram with the wheels looks kool,,,and i like what you did with putting dodge on top,,, i also love the winged emblem they did not use it on the coupes only the sedans but I like that emblem,,,,PM me with your e mail ill send some pics of my coupe,,, also where did you get that chrome six pac style lid?? and how much,,,,thanks love your drive way with the 2 cars and tree,,,,

thanks,, im not a fan of the ram symbol,,but the blue ram with the wheels looks kool,,,and i like what you did with putting dodge on top,,, i also love the winged emblem they did not use it on the coupes only the sedans but I like that emblem,,,,PM me with your e mail ill send some pics of my coupe,,, also where did you get that chrome six pac style lid?? and how much,,,,thanks love your drive way with the 2 cars and tree,,,,

I found the chrome air cleaner on eBay. I'd rather it had been orange but I guess I can paint it. It cost me around $225 shipped. I've got a friend that has a few extra new filters and he said he'd sell me one for another $75. Were you considering a form of tail stripe on the 40 with insignias on each side or were you maybe thinking about doing a single emblem on the trunk?

One more thing about that Mr. Norm RUMBLER emblem... If you do decide you'd like something like it, I'd suggest that one possibility would be to modify it to give it a look that is a cross between modern muscle and art deco.

Last edited:
I found the chrome air cleaner on eBay. I'd rather it had been orange but I guess I can paint it. It cost me around $225 shipped. I've got a friend that has a few extra new filters and he said he'd sell me one for another $75. Were you considering a form of tail stripe on the 40 withinsignias on each side or were you maybe thinking about doing a single emblem on the trunk?

One more thing about that Mr. Norm RUMBLER emblem... If you do decide you'd like something like it, I'd suggest that one possibility would be to modify it to give it a look that is a cross between modern muscle and art deco.

i have an orange lid, it was on my coupe with a differnt intake,, ide like to find just a chrome lid with same bolt pattern,,i have a meta l4bbl base,,,, yes i agree on a cross between muscle and art deco,,,ide like it as a decal on the opera window i think,,,or maybe a right corner of trunk lid,,,,ide like some thing mopar ish for my air cleaner lids i also have a flat smooth oval street rod lid some sort of decal combining 1940 or red ram hemi,,241 ci or ??? ide pay you fro your efforts,,,thanks ,,,

The car looks awesome! Definitely want to add a fastback barracuda to my collection.

i have an orange lid, it was on my coupe with a differnt intake,, ide like to find just a chrome lid with same bolt pattern,,i have a meta l4bbl base,,,, yes i agree on a cross between muscle and art deco,,,ide like it as a decal on the opera window i think,,,or maybe a right corner of trunk lid,,,,ide like some thing mopar ish for my air cleaner lids i also have a flat smooth oval street rod lid some sort of decal combining 1940 or red ram hemi,,241 ci or ??? ide pay you fro your efforts,,,thanks ,,,

NO charge for the efforts. But if I print stuff for you I'd need to be paid for the materials used. Do you have one of the factory oval lids? If so, maybe we can swap lids.

I sent you a pm. I like your idea of incorporating the Red Ram hemi on your air cleaner. Which air cleaner ARE you using on the hemi? If you can, send me a picture of it and give me all the dimensions.

I think to be most successful our goal should be to design any badges used on your car (air cleaner, window, deck lid) to have a unique vintage look that also seem to look like they could have come from Chrysler. I do have the materials here to make transparent window decals too.

On my Barracuda my vision was to transform the stock plain look into having more of a late sixties/early seventies muscle car/drag car persona.

Maybe something like this for a window decal?

22-jpg.jpg
22b-jpg.jpg
22d-jpg.jpg
22e-jpg.jpg
22f-jpg.jpg

View attachment 22.JPG

View attachment 22b.jpg

View attachment 22d.jpg

View attachment 22e.jpg

View attachment 22f.jpg

Last edited:
Without having seen a picture of your air cleaner, I'm not sure which design you have. Maybe you'd like the air cleaner to be simple. Something like this?

3-jpg.jpg

Engine color might make a difference on which colors you'd like to incorporate into a design too.

View attachment 3.jpg

Last edited:
NO charge for the efforts. But if I print stuff for you I'd need to be paid for the materials used. Do you have one of the factory oval lids? If so, maybe we can swap lids.

I sent you a pm. I like your idea of incorporating the Red Ram hemi on your air cleaner. Which air cleaner ARE you using on the hemi? If you can, send me a picture of it and give me all the dimensions.

I think to be most successful our goal should be to design any badges used on your car (air cleaner, window, deck lid) to have a unique vintage look that also seem to look like they could have come from Chrysler. I do have the materials here to make transparent window decals too.

On my Barracuda my vision was to transform the stock plain look into having more of a late sixties/early seventies muscle car/drag car persona.

Maybe something like this for a window decal?

View attachment 1714713933View attachment 1714713942View attachment 1714714116

i dig the last on of the three in a row,,, ill get pics of both lids,,, i dont really like the air cleaner on there now,, but with a decal like that it would be great,,,no problem on the paying gladly,,,

Glad you liked that design. Remember that you can make an infinite number of modifications to these designs or start over from scratch on something totally different. Feel free to make any suggestions/requests you want. It doesn't cost anything to mess around with these ideas on the computer. But I think it is sort of neat to have a customized set of logos when you're done.

One of the steps that I consider to be most important is research. For your '40 I went online searching for images to give me a starting point that I could modify. I was also trying to get a feel for the art deco style used in advertising at that time.

24-jpg.jpg

31-jpg.jpg

25-jpg.jpg

26-jpg.jpg

27-jpg.jpg

28-jpg.jpg

29-jpg.jpg

30-jpg.jpg

View attachment 24.JPG

View attachment 31.JPG

View attachment 25.jpg

View attachment 26.jpg

View attachment 27.jpg

View attachment 28.jpg

View attachment 29.jpg

View attachment 30.jpg

Last edited:
Well I finally got the decal installed on the oval air cleaner. I did end up painting the lid orange first. After I printed the decal (on high gloss paper this time) I put a 3 mil thick clear overlay over it. It's supposed to act as an additional protection from UV rays and weather. I purchased a special high pigment ink for the printer that is also supposed to stand up better to the elements. This engine is still the old 318, but the air cleaner is ready for the new 408 now.

img_0197-jpg.jpg

img_0199-jpg.jpg

img_0198-jpg.jpg

I also finished putting up the new mailbox.

img_0200-jpg.jpg

View attachment IMG_0197.JPG

View attachment IMG_0199.JPG

View attachment IMG_0198.JPG

View attachment IMG_0200.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back