Another Mopar Off My Bucket List - Barracuda Fastback

-
John, I thought we were buddies?????? WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I might not have the specific info on that Challenger down in Arizona but here's a link to one in Nebraska for the same cash obo. Unfortunately it is 'no title', 'no engine', and 'no transmission'. - And it was a race car. - Not as good a buy as the other one but probably worth the money.

Nebraska Mopar Trader Page | Facebook

Last edited:
I really felt uneasy about buying those fenders. If I was a flipper I might not have hesitated. But I hate speculating on parts that we 'might' need. They end up cluttering the garage until I run across someone that's looking for them. - And then I usually sell them at a loss.

My son's car is gonna be a really nice build. He's certain that he wants to paint the car black. Although I'm satisfied with the fiberglass fenders I put on the 'Cuda, I've seen 'glass panels show signs of distortion as they age. On a black car I think it'd really become noticeable.

I think that part of his reasoning for wanting to swap out his fenders is that right now I'm the big dog here for horsepower/speed. His Roadrunner is perky but it doesn't slam you back in the seat the way my Duster or Barracuda do. His Challenger is no slouch either but it still wouldn't be a match for either of my cars.

I have no doubt that his Charger will be faster. I think he wants to make sure that he'll be in a league WAY beyond me when it's done.

Anybody in the market for some new AMD Charger fenders?

What year Charger fenders, my cousin is gathering parts to build his 69.
I don't think he has bought fenders yet.
PM me

John, I thought we were buddies?????? WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snkebit, I have started going door to door looking for this cheap Challenger. I am up to 3 households so far, only 2 million to go. Will let you when I root it out.

What year Charger fenders, my cousin is gathering parts to build his 69.
I don't think he has bought fenders yet.
PM me

They're '68s and have the holes for the round '68 marker lights. I'm not 100% certain but I thought that they could be simply re-cut to install the rectangular '69 lights. I know that the fiberglass fenders are marked as '68 or '69 but they have no marker holes in them yet.

Last edited:
Snkebit, I have started going door to door looking for this cheap Challenger. I am up to 3 households so far, only 2 million to go. Will let you when I root it out.

LOL!! :sign5:

I think it may be in Williams, Arizona. I hope that some real Mopar lover buys it instead of someone that will figure it's cheap transportation and beat the heck out of it.

Last edited:
Hey, I might not have the specific info on that Challenger down in Arizona but here's a link to one in Nebraska for the same cash obo. Unfortunately it is 'no title', 'no engine', and 'no transmission'. - And it was a race car. - Not as good a buy as the other one but probably worth the money.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/682507158484339/search/?query=challenger

What is this facebook thing you talk about??? don't do facebook. Places like this take enuff of my time.:violent1:

What is this facebook thing you talk about??? don't do facebook. Places like this take enuff of my time.:violent1:

Now, I'm not certain if you're serious or not about knowing about Facebook, but it's one of those social networking sites. There are all sorts of subgroups on the site that you can join. Many of those included are dedicated to racing, Mopar, vehicle exchange, swap meet, etc, etc... Sometimes links to certain things don't work unless the person you send the link to is a member.

Here are some pictures of the ad I was referring to.

capture-jpg.jpg

10420218_10152684637041440_8203661546828131479_n-jpg.jpg

11025679_10152684637406440_2940414457791699381_o-jpg.jpg

View attachment Capture.JPG

View attachment 10420218_10152684637041440_8203661546828131479_n.jpg

View attachment 11025679_10152684637406440_2940414457791699381_o.jpg

Last edited:
John,your abstract sense of humer,worries me sometimes... (Lol)

Be afraid. - Be VERY afraid.

If you're referring to my rant about Teresa's grandkids, they're much worse than I could ever describe! When they're around I'm the one in fear!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ick. I hate house painting. Guess it's because I did it for a living way back when for a few years. I, also, have been slowly painting my house. I AM going to finish this year. lol

Ick. I hate house painting. Guess it's because I did it for a living way back when for a few years. I, also, have been slowly painting my house. I AM going to finish this year. lol

Ya I hear you. I'm not exactly having the time of my life. This thing is big as a barn. Paint has gone up since the last time I bought any. - About $36 per gallon. I was going to prime it first but this paint I bought is supposed to be paint& primer all in one. It does cover well but I'm concerned about the south side of the house where most of the wood is bare. We brushed this first section on but I'll probably spray the upper floor and other sides. I didn't want over-spray on the railings.

We are replacing all of the wood framed windows with double pane vinyl and need to sheetrock the entire house. While I'm at it I'll be rewiring too. It's a complete renovation. We rebuilt the front porch a few years ago and built a deck on the rear that matches the front porch.

The city gave Teresa until July to have the house renovated or they were going to condemn and burn it. The city council is a bunch of jerks in that small town. The house had a lot of issues that we were fixing over the last few years and it was like most old lath/plaster homes with small rooms except for the living & dining rooms. We figured that we'd modernize the interior with some cathedral ceilings and install a second bathroom. The work we were trying to do was extensive so we were tackling it in steps.

They claimed that a house that was unlived in for several years posed a nuisance threat to the community. If we don't meet their deadline they'll demolish it and charge Teresa around $8000 for the demolition. She'd have to declare bankruptcy.

The sad thing is that it's in better shape as is than half of the houses in that town that ARE lived in.

Last edited:
I'm pooped from scraping and painting the house. It's time to wind down. With little going on in the shop I thought I'd give you all a little more insight into my twisted mind. Somewhere there's got to be a clue as to how I became the reclusive garage dweller that I am. With any luck one of you wannabe psychiatrists out there can lead me to a cure.

I never thought of my childhood as being anything out of the ordinary. I was the 4th of the 5 kids my folks had. My dad farmed and kept himself busy in the shop when he wasn't out in the field. He was fairly innovative compared to many of the other farmers around us.

1-jpg.jpg

My mother had been a teacher but spent most of her life as a stay at home mom.

1a-jpg.jpg

I'd say that it was a typical Nebraska household.

Some of you guys that live in the big cities probably picture Nebraska as full of redneck hicks. I prefer to think of us as conservatives with a demented sense of humor. Surely I was the same as most of you when I was little.

1aa-jpg.jpg

My dad didn't hunt after I was born so I never developed an interest in it.

2-jpg.jpg

I was fascinated however with that big Winchester that he kept in the basement.

3-jpg.jpg

I never messed with it because dad owned several belts and they weren't just for keeping his pants up.

4-jpg.jpg

Despite the fact that mom usually made me a cake for my birthdays I still felt I wasn't her favorite.

5-jpg.jpg

My brother and I rarely fought.

6-jpg.jpg

I did OK in school but I hated taking tests.

7-jpg.jpg

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 1a.jpg

View attachment 1aa.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 3.jpg

View attachment 4.jpg

View attachment 5.jpg

View attachment 6.jpg

View attachment 7.jpg

Last edited:
More clues:

I did develop an early interest in tinkering with things.
I think I got that trait from my dad.

21-jpg.jpg

Women have always fascinated me.

22-jpg.jpg

Some parts of them more than others.

23-jpg.jpg

24-jpg.jpg

I also developed a taste for sweets. The funny thing is that my sweet tooth has remained with me all my life but not the rest of my teeth.

25-jpg.jpg

I've never cared for cold weather. It always seems a lot colder to me than what the thermometer says.

26-jpg.jpg

Although some of my friends dreamed of owning fancy 4 wheel drives it wasn't for me.

27-jpg.jpg

Neither were little foreign cars.

28-jpg.jpg

Give me American muscle!

29-jpg.jpg

Although I've always opposed all forms of vandalism I still find pleasure in razzing the heck out of my friends.

29a-jpg.jpg

View attachment 21.jpg

View attachment 22.jpg

View attachment 23.jpg

View attachment 24.jpg

View attachment 25.jpg

View attachment 26.jpg

View attachment 27.jpg

View attachment 28.jpg

View attachment 29.jpg

View attachment 29a.jpg

Last edited:
Well those are just a few details that may lead you to diagnose why I've become the garage recluse that I am. I'm not sure if I can be cured. To this day I still feel safest where I'm at. Traffic in the big cities confuses me.

31-jpg.jpg

Despite the mixed message I got from the birthday cakes my mom made me I now bake myself a cake now and then. I've learned how to decorate them so that I can keep them all for myself.

32-jpg.jpg

View attachment 31.jpg

View attachment 32.jpg

Last edited:
John, did you eat paint chips as a kid? lol! :violent1:

I got to tell those were some funny pictures I couldn't stop laughing.:blob:

-
Back