Another order of Killer Carbide Burrs

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks go out again to @ratbastad for turning us on
to these burrs. 10 more burrs arrived today so I should be good for years. The two off by themselves are his inverted flair burrs that just came out and I think they will come in handy working the shortturn.

37815D05-0411-4036-A588-7626731B0D2F.jpeg

F898EDD9-B643-44F6-BF90-667D80466744.jpeg

F32E8ACA-170B-45A0-8A0E-E94D1F2C7920.jpeg

Those course burrs are great for aluminum. If they load up you can clean them with a pick but wax or oil can help with that too.

I can do about 90-95% of my porting on aluminum heads with the bigger (1/2 single cut) burrs. I usually prefer a double cut 3/8 burr but these things cut so fast and so smoothly they are my go to burrs. The Victor340 intake port matching that I posted yesterday was 95 plus percent done with that burr. I can’t wait to try these 3/8 single cuts on head bowl work.

It’s just amazing that he makes them by hand with such precision. I hope his body holds up. My hand hurt just watching his video.

John, Do you have any pics of what the metal looks like after porting with them?

John, Do you have any pics of what the metal looks like after porting with them?

Man I gotta apologize I was running on empty last night and forgot to take some pictures today. Customer wanted so spring heights so we can see if his springs are going to work so I finished the exhaust seats on one head and did the finish blending I always do after a valve job. Prepping for a colonoscopy on Tuesday but I’ll try to get some pictures tomorrow. He had his roller cam redone and is going from .585 lift to around .645 lift. I can’t wait to see how it runs.

Man I gotta apologize I was running on empty last night and forgot to take some pictures today. Customer wanted so spring heights so we can see if his springs are going to work so I finished the exhaust seats on one head and did the finish blending I always do after a valve job. Prepping for a colonoscopy on Tuesday but I’ll try to get some pictures tomorrow. He had his roller cam redone and is going from .585 lift to around .645 lift. I can’t wait to see how it runs.
No need for an apology, I know you have to be a busy man. That's a nice increase in lift for sure. Probably going to be badass

Here’s a couple pictures. If this doesn’t answer you question just let me know. Remember this is the 90% rough in work. For customers stuff everything is quickly gone over with a double cut burr to finish everything up.

7A8AD2A9-8CEF-460B-A6E8-0B794EC111C9.jpeg

537C0F6C-D6B7-40BC-B52C-9BBF2605C78C.jpeg

Here’s a couple pictures. If this doesn’t answer you question just let me know. Remember this is the 90% rough in work. For customers stuff everything is quickly gone over with a double cut burr to finish everything up.

View attachment 1716035756

View attachment 1716035757
Not bad, I watched a few videos of a guy using those helical burrs and it seems to be really fast at removing material and close to a finish product. Im a firm believer of rougher being better after seeing some videos. I haven't tested anything yet but rat bastid and I will be on my engine (when it's back together and on the Dyno again)
Thanks for the photos

John, how long do those last you ?

Hmmm let see. The single cut rough in burr I do 90% of the work with has done 3 Speedmaster heads, 2 Edelbrock heads, 2 victor340’s, and cut the welding I did on one TrickFlow head. I’ll be starting another set of Edelbrock heads with it this week.

Hmmm let see. The single cut rough in burr I do 90% of the work with has done 3 Speedmaster heads, 2 Edelbrock heads, 2 victor340’s, and cut the welding I did on one TrickFlow head. I’ll be starting another set of Edelbrock heads with it this week.
Sounds good to me.

-
Back