Another order of Killer Carbide Burrs

-
He sent me money to buy him 2.055 Ferrea valves. Valves, springs, retainers and keepers if needed is the only money I want up front. That helps keep my motivated.
That's a good thing. Hate to put out your own doe and something goes south like my boss and some 10 engines in different stages of completion due to customers passing away.

That's a good thing. Hate to put out your own doe and something goes south like my boss and some 10 engines in different stages of completion due to customers passing away.

A Mopar porting buddy and I did some messenging tonight and I think he talked me into buying a set of LS heads and trying my hand at it. He buys them and ports them and has them on a shelf ready to go. May go see a set tomorrow for 200.00.

A Mopar porting buddy and I did some messenging tonight and I think he talked me into buying a set of LS heads and trying my hand at it. He buys them and ports them and has them on a shelf ready to go. May go see a set tomorrow for 200.00.
Too bad we don't have any blown up heads anymore I'd send you one for practice

He posted this on Facebook today so guys could see the different styles

8C3DB73D-8078-4A82-A5A2-F422B91F16FA.jpeg

If you guys had to limit yourself to four burrs to do your head and intake porting, what size, shape, and length would they be? Say 80% aluminum heads/intakes and an occasional set of iron heads. I want to get some but I have to be realistic on cost and I won't be doing this for anyone else.

If you guys had to limit yourself to four burrs to do your head and intake porting, what size, shape, and length would they be? Say 80% aluminum heads/intakes and an occasional set of iron heads. I want to get some but I have to be realistic on cost and I won't be doing this for anyone else.

I’m in Love with his 1/2 inch single cut olive shape burr. Almost positive they are all 1/4 shaft size and 6 inches long. I do over 85% of my intake and head work with that burr

One thing to remember is I port slowly with a foot pedal on my Foredom grinder. I could never do what I do running wide oven in the tight spots I port with that burr.

Interesting, I would have thought the long 6" ones would be harder to control and only used to reach into the inner depths of the intakes, not used on everything. I have a shaft driven Foredom with foot pedel and just got a new collect handpiece and 1/4" collet for it so I should be able to turn them slow enough. I've got a 20k rpm Craftsman inline grinder but that doesn't look like it would be fun to hang onto for very long.

A few of you guys are going to want to choke me out but since I am on a roll and porting again I took the advice from a Mopar buddy that ports heads and bought two sets of LS heads. He has been very helpful getting me going in the right direction with what heads to look for. These look like a cakewalk compared to the work I put into an Edelbrock head to get 300 cfm. Like I said before I port slowly and change a burr when needed. Here’s his setup and a picture of my new heads.

9EB854B1-257A-43B7-B456-9924BF317A55.jpeg

40B16120-9141-4538-96C1-586E602490F1.jpeg

B19FA3EC-9142-48D7-A05A-FDE2CFD9E1BC.jpeg

00DD2568-38E2-4065-B001-EFE354A63608.jpeg

-
Back