Another problem for us on trans brake-HELP

-

swifter

Reaction score
Ok-We have 45 runs on the valiant since we put in a tranz act valve body,Last night we were in the 5th round and the trans brake didn't hold at the light,SO we pitted came back checked fluid level-it was good,Checked the switch -power going to the post on the trany-11.25 volts,Checked the post for power on the trany 11.26 volts-the trany was at 130 degrees,Let the car cool down ,so we tested in the pits,Would work one time and not the next VERY inconsistent,This is the SECOND time this has happened,The first we up-dated ALL the associated electrical for the transbrake,I have tried to contact Joe and is IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of,I have some 50 phone calls to him with NO ANSWER,Can trany pressure be the problem??????? I don't know how you run a business like this,I should have taken notice when it took 60 calls to order the valve body but stupid me,Also if I saw 50 missed calls from the same number I just might call it back,VERY FRUSTRATING --Any help would be appreciated cause we need to either pull the trany out or order a A & A valve body and send the tranz act one back--Steve

I brought a transbrake trans from transact worked a few times crapped out,try calling him ,with no luck,when I did contacted him,he said take it somewhere and have it fix,wouldnt help or reburshed me for having it fix,took the pan off found a bunch of jerry rig stuff never do anything with tranzact

Tranz act brake in my old trans wasn't "pretty" but it worked and worked well. It came in a trans that a freind had Chuck Lofgren build. Best trans I've ever had....wish I would have raped it from the Mirada when i sold it.

Idk, but a lot of people moving on to the next round the old fashion way..... the way racing once was...... foot brake!

Yes-were following the voltage path-I don't know if the 11.26 is enough to activate the solenoid cause WE CAN'T GET THE OWNER JOE TO ANSWER HIS PHONE,Going on 63 calls as of now,I know he's answering his phone cause sometimes its busy,We had 12.5 at the batt terminals so were checking voltage as we speak--Steve

Is this a 727 or 904?....

When you say it wont hold...do it mean it creeps? ....are you flooring it against the converter ...coming up on a two stiep or ????

Did you try emailing Joe?

I bought a tranny with brake from him over two years ago. It has worked fine behind my 600 plus hp small block.

If any man ever calls me that many times his chances of hearing from me will decrease lol

What does the mean Tony and Dylan???? That's its ok to run a business like that??? HUH this is the second time I tried to get a hold of him--Your smart *** comments certainly don't help,Why can't u just help people???? Caller I.D.??? Obviously neither of you run a small business,I DO and customer response is key so you don't fall back and get lazy,WHat would the two of you do when you purchase a $600 part ?????? and your having problems????? Just wish the experienced here would help more instead of hindering and making smart *** comments why do that???????? YES BOB you are correct I wish I was within a hour drive of Indy I would do as you advised,Thanks Steve

Behind a 727 TRANZ ACT built trany Tony,WE have 12.8 volts at the button and 11.26 when acted upon,I don't know what kind of power his solenoids take.

What does the mean Tony and Dylan???? That's its ok to run a business like that??? HUH this is the second time I tried to get a hold of him--Your smart *** comments certainly don't help,Why can't u just help people???? Caller I.D.??? Obviously neither of you run a small business,I DO and customer response is key so you don't fall back and get lazy,WHat would the two of you do when you purchase a $600 part ?????? and your having problems????? Just wish the experienced here would help more instead of hindering and making smart *** comments why do that???????? YES BOB you are correct I wish I was within a hour drive of Indy I would do as you advised,Thanks Steve

wow...no humor day...sorry...

Is this a 727 or 904?....

When you say it wont hold...do it mean it creeps? ....are you flooring it against the converter ...coming up on a two stiep or ????

Did you try emailing Joe?

build 727?....

does it creep?....are you flooring it against the converter ...or using two step?

Dylan-Why don't you monday call Tranz act at 1-317-846-4933 and get back to us how many calls it took to get thru and report back to us that way maybe you won't be so quick to criticize here and you can have first hand experience at customer support that Tranz act has.

NO Tony sorry I don't see any humor in this,Your the one who told me that it takes one call to get a hold of Joe and that's just not true,I can take some **** but it gets old to get it ALL the time that's all,The bashing gets old that's it,I got big shoulders and can handle it,We just need help that's it.--Steve

NO two step,Yes pedal to the floor,Launching at 4400,I don't see where this has anything to do with the brake working or not??? please school me,Joe told me they work or they don't,I know they work with Trany pressure but I don't know ANYTHING about trany pressure,Please school me.

Dylan-We were at GLD on Thursday and up at Kaukana last night,Were at GLD almost every Thursday when the weather is good,

we had 5 runs on the car when this happened,Just took car out of trailer and the brake worked flawlessly,SO even more head scratching to do,Could we have a solenoid not working when it's hot??? can we have a pump going out????? can a dumb *** like me adjust pressure??? Steve

If the trans has internal leakage... past seals....then the brake can creep or not hold......try setting the 2 step at lower rpm...or....if you engage at idle ...is it holding....

Oh and by the way Tony yes I have emailed him and it comes back undeliverable so his email dont work or he has changed it and didnt change it on his website -steve

-
Back