Another problem for us on trans brake-HELP

-
So thats where were at dont know if we should pull the trany and have it gone thru??? If so the local 727 mopar trany guy WONT reuse the tranz act body cause he has had problems he only uses A&A parts so we will be out $600 unless joe will refund us

Or someone wants to buy a tranz act valve body from us ????? Lol so there u go dylan and tony I beat myself up

Recheck the ground side.... If that is good? For me anyway, I would try the solenoid and a button first.. Just my 2 cents... :)
After that.. I would go for the refund on the Valve Body..
Good Luck with the out come.. :)

well, its a sad world we live in Steve, but I would go ahead and pull the tranny and take it to your guy to have it looked at and have the A&A installed. get it going and back to racing. then you can try to work on getting a refund that most likely won't happen, but thats a part of building cars that I'm sure we have all went through at one time or another. at least you will be back to racing. 600 bucks is a lot of money at my house too, but it is what it is.

Yep we already did the button and added a ground before this happened,Trany is out and going Monday to Rush Performance down south of me-Thanks Guy's -Steve

Hey Steve just seen this post, I was wondering what happend to you last night,the car was launching really nice and then the last couple times we could tell something was going wrong, sorry to hear that, that car is a beast coming off the light, best of luck to you on the fix!

Jeff

I use Coan Transbrake in my car.
Works for us.

3800 rpm launch

3400 rpm launch

This is a door car Not a chassis car.

I have a large wall of shame of parts that didn't work

LOL womanator--I love that car-Thanks for lightening the load with a sweet pic--Steve

Jeff-Yea-Out of nowhere the new Tranz Act trans brake started working part time,Great to see you again,thanks for coming over and saying hi,We'll be back !!!! Steve

Oh by the way I gave up calling and can't e-mail cause it don't work,I wish all the best of luck with Joe,It was a pleasure to talk with him long enough to get my credit card number and address to get a sale,Hope this helps someone someday

FYI you can send the credit card people after him. That's part of their charm.
Nothing ventured nothing gained and you might be surprised because They will get his undivided attention.
Good Luck!

this email works..

[email protected]

sorry...dont need another one...got 3 working transbrakes...

did you drop the pan and see if the wire might be shorting out again the case or the wire inside was loose?

I put shrink sleeve tubing over the entire wire inside the case...plus I put shrink sleeve tubing over the wire from where it exists the car to the outside of the electrical connector.....to keep it from making any contact and shorting out.....

FYI you can send the credit card people after him. That's part of their charm.
Nothing ventured nothing gained and you might be surprised because They will get his undivided attention.
Good Luck!

Yes, if you tell them you tried to handle it with him directly with no response from him, they will yank that $600.00 right back out of his account and credit your account... That is IF he has the $$.

I have Joes Pro Brake with low band apply on my bench and I'm about to install it. I bought it prob 8 mos ago. It took forever for him to ship it after I paid him. There were huge snow storms at the time so he said he couldn't get to the shipper. Made sense at the time. I do have a RMVB with low band apply of Joes that works flawless. I'm hoping the TB valve body does the same.

So you guys know Joes brake is a 1 wire hook up and no mods need to be made to the drum etc. All functions are handled by the VB. Grounding is done through the Trans & mounting to cross member/chassis.

As Tony mentioned if your Trans has an internal leak or if your drum was modified for a different TBVB and you swapped Joes in that could be why. Those a 2 good reasons why it could not be working correctly. Your problem may be elsewhere and the VB is fine.

It's the pits to go out early in the rounds because of electronics. The one reply is right, Coan is hard to beat. Know a guy that ran 9.20's at 150 mph and all he ran was coan converter, tranny

Mine would never creep in over hundreds of passes, always have heard if its creeping its the band adjustment. I use the Transking electic shift valve body.

318willrun,i tried to sick the bbb on him to but he denied me me the bbb contacted him

go get another one from a reputable co., turn it over to your credit card people. when it`s all over, send it back to him after bashing it w/ a hammer a couple times, so he can`t screw some one else w/ it . what goes around comes around---bob

Tony and mad dart-Yes we did all of the above when we installed the t-brake,HE BUILT the trany originally so that's why it should work flawless,It's his race prep trany so that's why I ordered the new transbrake from him,It has his drum up date to it.Tony that's NOT the email he has listed on his website !!!!!! Joe helped with the purchase but no support after that's my complaint,I'm glad he has SO much work he can't answer the phone BUT that doesn't help the fact that customer support is NEEDED at least to us NEW to this racing.

Bands WERE adjusted when we installed the new valve body,It has a total of 48 passes on it and the intermittent action of it has happened twice once in the 3rd round (red light) once in the fifth round (red light) the transmission was at 136 degrees when this happened-See how anal we are,when a problem happens we document the time,Temp and place it happened,136 degrees is NOTHING to a trany so it's not heat sink on the solenoid and both times had voltage to the stud going into the trany,In the pits it would work one time out of 6 tries that's just not right--Steve

I guess the moral of this story is to deal local, not reputable. Better to see eye to eye, cash to hand, then you will always be able to make the contact.

What VB did the new TB Valve body replace?

You said you bought the trans from him and it sounds like the TBVB was an after the purchase replacement.

It's the pits to go out early in the rounds because of electronics. The one reply is right, Coan is hard to beat. Know a guy that ran 9.20's at 150 mph and all he ran was coan converter, tranny

Forgot to mention I run A Coan converter.

I use an aftermarket external oil cooler and run Penzoil Hydrastatic Tractor Fluid in the trans, never once worried nor even wandered what the fluid temp was, dont even have a temp guage. Sometimes the bands wear out and need a minor tweaking, have seen my trans builder adjust one less than 1/4 of a turn to get one to stop creeping.

ok the transbrake is not working....but otherwise is the transmission shifting correctly?

45 runs since you put the brake in the trans.....how many runs since the trans was rebuild?

-
Back