Another SDCE turbo Duster

-

sdce

Reaction score
This one is MINE though!
Some quick stats:
1970 340 Duster
being built as a street car that can compete with the "race cars". It will be a high 8, low 9 second car.
we're using the stock block which will be "SD-ified" for boost
will stay a leaf spring car, again being "SD-ified"
It will have our twin turbo kit
Estimated power numbers will be 850 flywheel hp.
Will be caged
Approximate weight 3400 lbs

I believe we will be doing a write up with Mopar Enthusiast magazine on this engine platform as a "How To Build a Turbo Mopar". If you don't have a subscription to MoE, I suggest you get it now! :read2:

The car shell is "half done"....it came back to our shop for the roll cage install, supsension mods, and a few other "tricks". Once we finish that phase, the final body work will be completed and she'll get a nice shiny coat of black paint!
Here are a few pictures. Any questions, let me know!!!

DSC02559.jpg

DSC02390.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

Sweeeet! 8)

Please keep the pics and info coming!

850 Hp? man thats a build! more pics

Thanks, Guys. :-D I'm really excited to be building my OWN car and can't wait for her to be done!

We will be doing a feature in Mopar Enthusiast with this build, so I may have to be careful what pics and info I post until the article comes out, but I will share what I can, when I can. The article is going to be a "how to" build...basically giving details and info on how to build a stout turbo motor and choose turbos accordingly...

Cool,

I need to subscribe to that mag.
Looking forward to the article.

If you can't wait til this article is done on my car, keep your eye out for the June 2010 issue of Mopar Enthusiast.
Our customer Mike and his 73 Duster (SDCE built engine and turbo package) will be in it as part of an 8 second shootout they did. We gave the big block guys a run for their money. :cheers:

Definitely subscribe....it's a pretty good magazine...even if we weren't going to be in it! LOL!

Cool. I will have to subscribe. What are your plans to lighten the front end and suspension mods?

Cool. I will have to subscribe. What are your plans to lighten the front end and suspension mods?

Stay tuned....Scott's got his own ideas for the stock k frame in my car. It will remain mostly stock, but he's going to change a few things around. He wants to keep it stock for now to show that our twin turbo kit works with the bone stock platform. I don't know exactly what he's doing just yet....
Same with the suspension....it will be "SD-ified"...going to stay stock, maybe an axle swap, some reinforcing, and he's got plans to make it a "4-linked leaf spring" if you can imagine that?!!!

wheel wells have been widened and rear quarters stretched to fit a big tire...

I get that mag. It's a good Mopar dedicated mag. Man, that engine bay is slick. Can't wait too see it finished.

Thanks stevedemon340...I originally wanted the entire car shiny black, but kinda like the "matte finish"! Looks mean as hell! Plus it reminds me of my younger days with my first car, a primered black 73 Cuda...my parents thought I was nuts when I brought that home! Not the average 18 year old girl's first car of choice!! LOL!

My Duster, from what we can tell, is an original triple black 340 car, so it is going to stay that sorta! We've appropriately named her the "black pearl"! :-D
My friend John is doing all the body work, and he's gone above and beyond the call of duty for me! Now I gotta crack the whip on Scott to get the motor going, get the rollcage done, and all the other fun stuff!

850 hp. You mean that's it? Single turbo or twin? If you crank up the boost what's the real hp gonna be? C'mon, details! Details! Spill yer guts! lol

Wylde1.

She looks very stoked to be there. Is that you?

Rumblefish, that's me....and HELL YA I'm stoked! LOL!
My car was "away" for over a year being worked on and it's nice to have her back!

Here's a few other pics...the first is the only picture I have of me and my very first car - my 73 cuda...parents thought I was nuts when I brought her home...second pic is of of me, Scott and our daughter Lindsey...hopefully she'll follow in our footsteps with the racing...share your pics please!!! Nice to put a face to you all...
wendy_barracuda.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

Can one of you guys help me? I'm trying to resize a picture to use as my avatar...it seems like it'll be too small to see if I size it to fit the requirements...maybe I'm doing it wrong? Help??! :-s

How long have you been doing turbos? I remember articles and ads in Mopar mags about boosting with ProCharger superchargers. This is the first I've seen SDCE and turbos, not that I've been to your website in ages. Any preference regarding Superchargers vs turbos?

Wylde1.

I use Microsoft picture manager to resize pictures. The "Web Large" setting is perfect.
You daughter is a beauty! Watch her. I have the smae troubles with mine.

Crap, can't find the new pictures, these are 2 years old. Joe my son, 7 now, 5 in the picture. Me my daughter Alyssa 16 in a month. 14 in the picture.

100_0157.jpg

100_0159.jpg

Copy of 100_2064.jpg

100_0865.jpg

-
Back