Another "what is this question"

-
Reaction score
Only because I saw a picture of this (and the other side) did I find out that this is a support bracket from the engine on my '64 Barracuda to the bellhousing. However since these were not installed when the exhaust was put on, (custom duals) I can not put the passenger side on. The drivers side went on just fine.
Will this cause any problems??

The second picture....don't have a clue. What is it? Where did it come from?

Thanks,
Dave

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

It is you engine block to transmission bellhousing brace for the 1st pic. Goes on the right & left sides on the bottom of the engine. Not sure about the second pic. I took the (1st pic) braces out of my Dart and have had no problems with anything.

#1 No problems. I did it with my 73 scamp

#2 maybe a fender brace? but for a dart they are longer and skinnyer.

2nd picture looks like the K Frame to lower radiator support brace.

second pic is a support that comes off the a/c comp to the intake manifold.

May be a battery tray support too. They all look alike. Measurements would help.

If it's an early A then the 2nd one runs between the drivers side exhaust manifold flange and the bell housing.

I agree with the A/C for the second one.......sure looks like it to me, BUT without a reference as to size, it's difficult to say fer sher........:read2:

I am pretty positive the second picture is a support bracket for the driverside exhaust manifold for 273 on the 64-66 a-body cars. What are the measurements? Could you post a better picture of it? My dad's friend has one of these, I didn't know what it was intill he told me, he said it is VERY RERE!!

Only because I saw a picture of this (and the other side) did I find out that this is a support bracket from the engine on my '64 Barracuda to the bellhousing. However since these were not installed when the exhaust was put on, (custom duals) I can not put the passenger side on. The drivers side went on just fine.
Will this cause any problems??

The second picture....don't have a clue. What is it? Where did it come from?

Thanks,
Dave

Looks like the A/C compressor brace for a small block

Second picture looks like the little bracket that goes from the ds manifold to the block. I still have one laying around somewhere. I also have the little bracket that goes from the A/C laying around also. It came from a BB though.

definitely looks like the exhaust manifold bracket - saw one in the junkyard yesterday on a '65 Valiant. always wondered what the extra hole on the manifold was for before seeing that.

Thanks to all! I was convinced and thought I remered after reading your responces that it was the air conditioning to manifold bracket. Life was good! Until I saw the post from Cavemanmoron. I really don't remember that bracket at the exhaust manifold. I will however give it a shot. The air isn't going back in, so...itt's the exhaust or a box in the basemant!

Thanks again,
Dave

My vote goes to the support bracket that is connected between the driver's side exhaust manifold and bell housing. Just took one off my 65 S today as part of the disassembly process. I plan to reinstall it.

I found mine yesterday while doing some cleaning.

Thanks caveman for the page. I didn't know about the second bracket. Cool information.

I found mine yesterday while doing some cleaning.

Thanks caveman for the page. I didn't know about the second bracket. Cool information.

Your welcome, sometimes the Old Printed information is the Best.

-
Back