Another year....Another Seatbelt..........

-
Ok cheap azz mopar brethren!! Who has the cheapest cam lock belts out there?? :)

I would say, (assuming you have expired camlocks now) that the cheapest, if you can afford the time, would be to send yours out to be recerted.
Being a cheepazz mopar brother, i always bought latch links, knowing i would just have to throw them away. But my car came with camlocks, and i kinda like em, so i was gonna just carry em to Crow, who was local, then i found out they had moved to vegas. Oh well!
In doing some research as a result of this topic, i found that crow now wont re-cert any belts older than 2016. Just now checked mine, been away from the car for a while (and already knowing they are too old) and they are 2006 belts!
They are clearly in good shape, clearly much safer than the fifty year old belts in my roadrunner, that are legal, and... they are worthless.
Oh well, cheepazz latch belts, here we come!

Please excuse the rant, this stupidity pisses me off.

This concludes why my goal has always been to run 11.50’s. Can’t afford to be “safe”

Last edited:
I paid 68 dollars for a set with latches from Summit

Econo brands of latch-link run from $75 up, cheapest camlocks i found recently around $140-150. Name brand like Simpson, or specialty belts for hans restraints can eazily double that.
As 70aarcuda said, i have seen some for under $70, but when i wanted some, they were only black, and out of stock, so i paid $74 for blue. Dont remember if it was summit or jegs.
Edit: I'm not so sure that it is the price that bothers me so much, as any racing you want to do can cost way more than that for fuel, entry, etc. Its the stupidity and wastefulness of perfectly good belts being tossed out by rule, and the money being made as a direct result of that rule, as op stated, a racing tax.

Last edited:
Drag racing in general has given me the worst bang for my buck of anything I've ever done... Over the last year my interest in drag racing has diminished considerably.. not to say I won't ever take my car to the track again or I don't like it but on a regular basis of any kind I doubt it..

Well I guess I could go back to the ole duckbill... been awhile. I have until June on my present cam locks. I already packed my wallet for tomorrow. $63 to top off the diesel, $75 test and tune and $200 chassis recert. Paid the helmet tax last month so that’s good. We havin fun yet??

Yes racing is getting to be to much expense for me. My drag car runs 10.50s. and I'm considering slowing it down to 11.5 or selling it. Put that money in my dart and make it a street strip car and drive it to the track and race it. Make it run 11.5 on motor with a 100 shot for street fun. I'm thinking 493 trickflow heads, roller cam, custom converter and 3.55s. Is it possible.

I’ll say this, in the grand scheme of things, belts are relatively cheap. Spend the money. Do I think they need to be replaced every 2 years? No. But there has to be a line drawn in the sand somewhere though. I have been upside down and on fire after a multiple roll “event” at the mint 400 in our race truck and I am certainly glad we had all of our safety gear up to snuff. Once you experience something like that you no longer ***** about safety regulations.

-
Back