Anti-Sway Bar by PST installation

-

cudajareav

Reaction score
I have a PST anti-sway bar that i'm trying to install on my '67 barracuda. Problem is, it's too long. the brackets are sitting out an inch on either side of where the shocks are.

Did the wrong part get delivered or is it supposed to be bolted somewhere else?

Yeah, it sounds like it's designed to attach to the factory sway bar tabs. Some aftermarket bars are designed to use a bracket mounted on the shock bolt. If PST makes both kinds, maybe they just shipped the wrong one.

Here are pictures. Doesnt look like the tabs are there. I havea feeling the front suspension is off of a dart.

Attachments

• 1402429839101.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 406
  • 1402429875345.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 455
  • 1402429905162.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 418
You need LCA's that have the tab like these.

Attachments

• LCA's Sway Bar A Body 73-76 002 (Copy).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 462
Someone sells those tabs new. You can easily have them welded to your existing LCA's.

I'm not saying I wont or shouldn't get those, but how will that effect the length differences? I just took the measurements and the holes on the sway bar are 45" apart while the shock bolts are 42"apart.

I'm not saying I wont or shouldn't get those, but how will that effect the length differences? I just took the measurements and the holes on the sway bar are 45" apart while the shock bolts are 42"apart.

It sounds as though it's too wide. If you look at those LCA's the tab is to the inside of the shock bolt.

Of course I'm not familiar with the 67, so it could be different.

Here is a pic I just found. It looks like the tabs are to the outside of the shock mount. These are for 67 to 72 A body.

Attachments

• Mopar-A-Body-Lower-Control-Arms-Dart-Duster-Dodge--for-sale_201015904875.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 396
I have two sets of lower control arms one set with the tabs and one without. I got the set with thinking I would need the tabs. I also just got a swaybar from pst (havnt installed yet waiting for torsion bars to arrive) but mine came with brackets that you install yourself with directions on how to do it. Did yours not come with any?

I have two sets of lower control arms one set with the tabs and one without. I got the set with thinking I would need the tabs. I also just got a swaybar from pst (havnt installed yet waiting for torsion bars to arrive) but mine came with brackets that you install yourself with directions on how to do it. Did yours not come with any?

Ahh, that may shed some light on it for him.

Yeah I called to ask them before ordering because I read that the mounting tabs changed depending on the year and swaybar type. They said it didn't matter because they're kits come with all the stuff to install them. I havnt installed yet but read the directions and it gives a step by step on installing the tabs

If you want to PM with your info. I pull your order and double check it.

Thanks
James

The 67-72 LCA's had the sway bar tabs (if so equipped) outboard of the shock bolts. So your bar is quite possibly correct for your chassis if you had the correct arms. Tabs can be fabricated and welded on wherever they need to be, but it's nice to bolt something together whenever possible.

Keep in mind that with your later calipers mounted forward they would likely foul the (early) sway bar near full lock. Swapping the spindles and calipers side-to-side to rear mount is a typical work around.

Here are the directions that came with mine. I installed it in the kmember but havnt tried the lowers yet because they're still in the car. The second pic is the tabs for the lowers that come in the kit. Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 284
-
Back