Any easy ways to make my 71 valiant look better?

-
What are you thinking of? Make what look better? Better like how?

If anyone gripes, give them a black plastic sack and tell them to put it over their heads. I've grown tired of others telling me what I need to do with my cars.

Rallye rims with black wall tires. Strip all unnecessary gee gaws and trim.

There's always the cop car look too. Steelies, dog dish hubcaps yada yada yada.

Wash it?

Mabby some pics to see what it looks like now. What is easy to you? How mush money do you have?

Put a 440 in it and a blower out of the hood. Paint it Red, with some black stripes...redo the interior..rechrome everything. New tires, new shocks...raise the butt lower the front...new exhaust tips. Change it from a 4 door to a 2 door. Make it into a 69 Valiant. There that should do it. Glad I could help.

if the paint is shot, go to wal mart pick up a case of flat black spray paint and a scuff pad and a roll of masking tape. maybe a couple cans of another color for stripes.dont really know what your looking to do, but this may help.

Put car on trailer and send to Chip Foose or some other professional. Write a big check when it's done. What could be easier?

That's it!!! 24" donks with rubber bands for tires!! :disgust: and a $30,000 paint job that you don't want to take the car out of the garage!!! :banghead:

Chip Foose: good concept...bad execution :tongue6:

Valiant PICS PLEASE!!!!

Here is a pic of an Aussie 71 (VH) Valiant Pacer 4dr sedan. Has a 265 Hemi 6. They were the fastest Australian 4 dr production car ( 1/4 mile ) till about 1989 When a turbo'd limited edition EA Falcon sedan came out.
The Val would do high 14 sec passes.
The next pic is of a 70 (VG) Valiant Pacer 2 dr. Has a 245 Hemi 6.

What are you thinking of? Make what look better? Better like how?

X 2 :worthles:

Since you said Valiant, I'll assume it's a 4-door. Here's what I did with my DD 4-door Dart. It was a running POS when I got it. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51094 shows the progress and discussion. Some of it has been easy for me, some of it tough. The nice things were the ability to go at my own pace and still not have the car down for long while doing it.

The hardest parts were re-skinning the roof and doing a BBP disk brake conversion. The wheels and tires were the most expensive part. Paint is a $500 MAACO one-step polyurethane matched to Mopar paint code. Paint was done a year before this photo was taken.

I also painted the grille (see avatar on left). That took two rattle cans (self-etching primer & semi-gloss black) and a partial roll of masking tape.

-
Back