Any ideas how I can fix fuel inlet leak on my slant?

-

Shaun65dart

Reaction score
Hey guys. 65 dart with 225 slant. The fuel inlet to the carb is leaking. Threads on the bowl are stripped. Is there a helicoil kit available or does anyone know what size thread that fitting is or what I can do to fix it?

B0D8152C-D1BA-4585-BF35-9FCEC7746CF6.jpeg

Hey guys. 65 dart with 225 slant. The fuel inlet to the carb is leaking. Threads on the bowl are stripped. Is there a helicoil kit available or does anyone know what size thread that fitting is or what I can do to fix it?

View attachment 1715901242
I see a drip on the bottom of the nut. Is it leaking from where the nut attaches to the bowl? The line is a inverted flare fitting and if both components of that are good it doesn't need teflon tape.

I see a drip on the bottom of the nut. Is it leaking from where the nut attaches to the bowl? The line is a inverted flare fitting and if both components of that are good it doesn't need teflon tape.
I just bought the car, the Teflon tape was from previous owner. I pulled the fitting that threads into the carb and the aluminum threads came out with it. It’s stripped, he fuel is along from the stripper threads, not the inverted flare

The thing is, the brass part that screws into the carb IS THE seat for the "needle and seat." So you can't just epoxy it in unless you are willing to gamble on "never having to remove it."

You might try several wraps of teflon tape. "I don't know"

In "yesteryear" it might be you could have bought "oversize" seat assy to "repair" it but no idea if or where you could do so now

If someone sends another carburetor body, do you have the mechanical ability to swap it out? I'm not bein smart, I'm asking since I don't know your abilities. I think I have a good carburetor body.

Last edited:
I would gather up some information and look for another carb. I see 2 barrels advertised here quite often. A wanted thread can be your friend.
I just bought the car, the Teflon tape was from previous owner. I pulled the fitting that threads into the carb and the aluminum threads came out with it. It’s stripped, he fuel is along from the stripper threads, not the inverted flare

If someone sends another carburetor body, do you have the mechanical ability to swap it out? I'm not bein smart, I'm asking since I don't know your abilities. I think I have a good carburetor body.
Yea that’s no problem. I’ve rebuilt many carbs and engines before. I know this one has the integrated needle and seat so I’m not sure about trying to bandaid it. A carb body swap would probably be best. So you have one? Send me a message if you want I would appreciate that

That would be the best fix.

-
Back