Any Magnum 500's on a blue dart?

-

340MPR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a game plan together for my work on the swinger this winter. Right now I have 14" x 5.5" small bolt pattern Rallye's and with the fresh 340 I put in I'm looking for stickier tires but with the 14" wheels I'm very limited. I like period correct wheels and my plan is to bump up to 15's and go with Mickey Thompson ET Street SS's. Does anyone have a picture of Magnum 500's on a blue dart? I'm also considering Cragar's or Rallye's but if anyone has a pic with Magnum 500's to share I'd appreciate it, thanks. Here's my car with the Rallye's.
Mike N.
The Dart 2018_11.jpg

Magnum500's were never made in small bolt pattern.

Hmm I might be wrong but I'd thought that Stockton Wheels made them in both bolt pattern's. I'll have to call them tomorrow to confirm as that would scratch Magnum 500's off the list.
Mike N.

Summit has SBP 15" wheels in both the plain and rally versions. For my 1970 Swinger 340, I'm going with the SBP rally's. Much better tire selection, and a bit more rake. Your car, your choice.

I got ahold of Stockton Wheels and they did make Magnum 500's in SBP up until 8 months ago but they haven't been able to source material so they aren't even taking orders for them so that's out the window. That leaves my options at Rallye's or Cragars and I'm leaning towards a set of Cragars. Thanks for the help guys.
Mike N.

I can't think of a car that doesn't look good with Cragar's. Hell, I had a set on my Pontiac Ventura Wagon in 1978, and it looked good!

I don't doubt that a person told you the made small bolt Magnum 500 wheels. What I do doubt , is they would pay for the new stamping to make the wheel center in small bolt and make a brand new , smaller sized center cap , for the wheel , that will have a very small selling possibility. Also they would have to make a new retainer for the backside of the wheel center cap.
I had new steel wheel centers stamped for the 10 inch dogdish cap wheels and it's not cheap , believe me on that

Frank

IMO they all look great on there. I had Cragars on mine. A buddy just put Magnums on his 69 convertible and they look great. He did change over to bbp though. I have never seen sbp Magnums. Not saying they aren't out there but must be pretty rare. I did talk to a guy about getting some made and was told only if they had enough orders to make it worthwhile. If you go with Cragars watch your backspacing. Honestly not picking but you say period correct wheels. Sbp Rallye wheels weren't available in 69. Really didn't have a lot of choices back then. Some guys like the Keystone mags which were made in sbp but hard to find. Bottom line it's your car what looks best to you.

I ended up going with Cragars for the dart, 14x6’s in the front and 15x7’s in the back to fit 255/60R15’s. I’m very happy with the look, a bit more rake and I like how the wheels match the chrome trim & bumpers.
EB929A0C-0E16-493F-9EDD-58884AD60EF5.jpeg

8FB0694D-434C-483C-891E-990C2A5D497B.jpeg

I ended up going with Cragars for the dart, 14x6’s in the front and 15x7’s in the back to fit 255/60R15’s. I’m very happy with the look, a bit more rake and I like how the wheels match the chrome trim & bumpers.
View attachment 1715961588

View attachment 1715961590
Looks great! Do you happen to know the PN# on the wheels? Direct drill or unilug? Do you know BS? How is the fitment of the 255 60r15? Any wheel lip mods needed?

Looks great! Do you happen to know the PN# on the wheels? Direct drill or unilug? Do you know BS? How is the fitment of the 255 60r15? Any wheel lip mods needed?

-
Back