235/60/15 on front of duster?

-
Good to know. Thanks for the info. Should I go straight for the 235’s with the 15x7 with 4.5” bs? That way I could still go with the Cooper tire.

you’re call

you’re dancing around the line of fender rubber or not rubbing.

wether or not you are willing to push the bottom front fender support brace is your safety valve.

you’re call

you’re dancing around the line of fender rubber or not rubbing.

wether or not you are willing to push the bottom front fender support brace is your safety valve.

Blu said his fresh paint was alright after pushing his out so that gives me a bit of an easier feeling.

Kind of a funny thread. The the first question is if a 15 X 8" with a 4" Back space and 235/60-15 will clear the front. (they won't)
Didn't give any information on possible suspension upgrades only it is a 74 and he likes spirited driving.
Doesn't know if his 4 wheel disc brakes are small bolt pattern ? ( do they even make one?)
Almost sounds like a joke question.

Last edited:
Blu said his fresh paint was alright after pushing his out so that gives me a bit of an easier feeling.

Yeah just be careful with it. A little heat gun action might help, heck with the temperatures you might just be able to park it in the sun for a bit so the paint is a little softer. But I didn’t have an protesting from the paint from the fender brace. When I re-rolled the fender lips I got a little cracking right on the edge, but the fenders will get resprayed when I eventually paint the whole car.

Last edited:
There are 4 bolts that hold the k-member in place. I am referring to the front 2. And no, 4.25 is not the standard BBP backspace. OEM Chrysler wheels are always centered. A 15x7 rim would have 3.50" backspace. Add 3/16" for the lip. The original OEM Chyrsler Cordoba steel 15x7 rims that I have don't fit. The backspacing is wrong.
I run cordoba 15x7 aluminium wheel with 255/60r15 on the front and 275/60r15 on the back i had to trim the front fenders a bit front and back on the lower section of the lip

actually, in my experience a 7" wheel is 8'' outside to outside and for a zero offset, should have an 8" bs. All my wheels follow this rule.
All my alloy wheels are even stamped that way; ie, a 10incher is 11" outside to outside..

BTW
Notta chance would I run a 275 on a 7" wheel; which is even smaller than the checking wheel. Sure you can install them on 7s; but at typical pressures the centers will be burned off in no-time.
A 275 should go on a 9.2" wheel which rounds up to a 10, or down to not less than an 8.5.
to get decent treadlife, on the street, here's what I have successfully run ;
275/60-15s on 8.5s at 28psi, and
275/50-15s on 10s, at 26psi, and
295/50-15s on 10s, at 24psi, No more!
Your results may vary.

AJ misspoke (or mistyped) tho he is correct. A seven inch alloy wheel is overall eight inches wide, but a zero offset 7" wheel would have a four inch backspace. A steel 7" is probably around 7 1/2 inches wide.
I don't bother trying to remember which direction plus or minus offset is, since it can't be measured,(you have to know the wheel width) it has to be calculated, unlike backspace, which CAN be measured.

-
Back