Any more "frankenstien" A bodies out there? (Varts, Daliants, etc.)

-

valianator

Reaction score
Hello!
Been Readin' on here for a while, this is my first time postin'.

I've got a few A bodies- A nice driver '65 Valiant 100 2 door sedan, a couple of future projects and parts cars and my current project- a '68 Dart 4 door with a '75 Valiant front clip, which leads me to the Subject of this post:

Any body else on here like to mix 'n' match sheetmetal to come up with combinations the factory never built?

Demons and Scamps are kinda "factory Frankenstiens" along with the '63-'64 Canadian Valiants.

There was a guy in the local car club that had a '67 Dart front clip on his Dart Sport; it Looked Great!

I've seen a couple of '70-'71 Swinger convertibles and '64-'66 Cudas with Dart front clips.

How 'bout a '67-'69 "Scamp"?

A '67-'69 Duster ?

A '70-'76 Dart 2 door Sedan? Either by splicing the the newer tail section onto '67-'69 sedan- Or... splicing the front quarters, door posts, rear window frames, and doors from a '67-'69 2 door post into a '70-'76 4 door Dart.

A Duster Convertible? That one would be a bit more involved- You'd start
with a '67-'69 Cuda convert unibody, Duster front clip, Dart doors, and Duster quarters/tail panel/deck lid. It'd take some good custom bodywork skills to make it all work together at the top well area.

Some international versions:
Australian VG Valiant front clip and RHD setup on a Duster- A "Proto-Charger".

Or the other way: U.S. '67-'69 Valiant front clip and LHD setup on a an Aussie VE/VG/VH wagon or ute.

I must be off my meds, LOL!

here's a quick paste-together of the two facing pages in the '70 South African Valiant brochure. It's not perfect, because the scans aren't perfect, but it gives a fairly good idea of what a '70 A-body wagon with '70 Dart front sheetmetal looks like:

70ValiantSafariRSA.jpg

Mike R's '63-'66 Valcuda is here

Doug D's '64 Dacuda is here.

I've always thought a '67-'69 Baccaruda front clip would look especially good on an Australian VE Valiant sedan or wagon, badged up front to rear as a Barracuda. The VE Valiant's Baccaruda-lookin' taillamps would make the overall package believable:

3319107768_23cd88bc68.jpg

68Valiant_Safari2.jpg

The front fenders would have to be reworked to line up and match the body lines, but if the job were done very neatly, perhaps a certain self-proclaimed GGuru would issue a pronouncement about when and where it was built. :twisted:

A 70 340 4 speed dart wagon wouldda rocked.

I want one of these trailers. Click the thumbnail

Here is my DustDemon. 75 Duster with a Demon front end.

Attachments

• 000_0010.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 477
  • 000_0013.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 471
  • 000_0011.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 450
Cool stuff, all! Looks like I ain't the only one who's crazy:toothy10:

Keep 'em comin'

Alwas wondered what a '67-'69 Valiant hard top & convertible would look like. I think a convertible would look pretty cool not to mention the god like construction it would take :prayer:

Heres a rough image as to what a hard top Valiant would look like.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 366
I've always wondered what a demon/duster would look like with a 67-69 Dart front clip. Ive seen a 70 Dart with a 67-69 Dart tail end. was pretty sweet looking

here's a quick paste-together of the two facing pages in the '70 South African Valiant brochure. It's not perfect, because the scans aren't perfect, but it gives a fairly good idea of what a '70 A-body wagon with '70 Dart front sheetmetal looks like:

70ValiantSafariRSA.jpg

Mike R's '63-'66 Valcuda is here

Doug D's '64 Dacuda is here.

I've always thought a '67-'69 Baccaruda front clip would look especially good on an Australian VE Valiant sedan or wagon, badged up front to rear as a Barracuda. The VE Valiant's Baccaruda-lookin' taillamps would make the overall package believable:

3319107768_23cd88bc68.jpg

68Valiant_Safari2.jpg

The front fenders would have to be reworked to line up and match the body lines, but if the job were done very neatly, perhaps a certain self-proclaimed GGuru would issue a pronouncement about when and where it was built. :twisted:
a swinger wagon would be awesome

-
Back