Any old timers around who worked with 80 column IBM punch card

-
Looks great. I make a copy of mine tomorrow. I talked with Marcin Detroit today. He had no input. He referred to Dave Wist at mmcdetroit.com. I will call him tonight.

Looks great. I make a copy of mine tomorrow. I talked with Marcin Detroit today. He had no input. He referred to Dave Wist at mmcdetroit.com. I will call him tonight.
Can i get in on the card copy list? And thank you for the heads-up on the reproduction fender tag place.

I saw that too, but I don't know any one with access.

Thanks for checking I hope you find something useful.

I have some punched cards coming from EBay. I have some unpunched cards that I have taken some measurements from.

My guess is that the dimensions will be simple numbers like 0.05 vs 0.048 or the like.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
My employer's subscription covers lots of specs and ANSI specs, but their subscription doesn't cover this one. :(

Also, the document is now known as
INCITS 21-1967 (S2017); and is available as a pdf through ANSI for $60.

Description / Abstract:
ANSI/INCITS 21, 1967 Edition, 1967 - Rectangular Holes in Twelve-Row Punched Cards

This standard specifies the size and location of rectangular holes in twelve-row 3%(sic)-inch wide punched cards. To be a processable document, suitable for information interchange. cards must also meet USA Standard Specifications for General Purpose Paper Cards for Information Processing, X3.11-1966.

Product Details:

My employer's subscription covers lots of specs and ANSI specs, but their subscription doesn't cover this one
Thanks for trying.

I saw the 2017 to the spec as well. I'm not aposed to spending 60.00 but I was not sure if it had the info I needed.

At this point I think I have a working prototype, with the incoming punched card to verify my assumptions.

But if anyone can get a copy of the spec I would love to see it.

That's really different than 67.
I haven't seen enough cards to know if there may have been different cards each year or plant.

Also this one is labeled Locator (decodes that way), did this car have other cards that listed options as this card has no options?

Alan

Got a punched card today...

Dang I'm spot on.

I think I'm going to call the spacing and size a done deal.

Next step is the graphics. That will be time consuming.

I have a plan of attack, but wish I had a NOS blank card!

Turns out the 67 card is very different from the 65 card. If any one has 63, 64, 66 68, 69 cards / photo copies they care to share pm me.

Keep in mind the text has to be readable or it is of little use.

-
Back