Any other Daytona owners?

-

moparclown

Reaction score
I was just curious if any of you have any Daytona's in the stables?
Here are my two-92 Iroc Daytona V6 car(electric blue)
and the latest,just got delivered Sunday-93 IrocR/T Daytona(white)

000_1008.jpg

000_1010.jpg

index.jpg

Where's Tony Fields? I believe he has quite a few.

Here I am!

The 2 Daytona's and the LeBaron GTC VNT all have Intercooled
Turbo 2.2's with heavy duty 5-speeds.

The Turbo Mini Van has the 2.5 Turbo I (non-intercooled)

My Red one:

RedShelbyZData.jpg

My black one:

BlackShelbyData.jpg

Not a Daytona, but one of my best drivers:

GTCVNTData.jpg

And my daily driver:

The Turbo Mini is probably the most fun to drive.
It needs a TIII like the IROC R/T

Scoop02_Small_.jpg

Caravan_004_Small_.JPG

Drag01.jpg

That white IROC R/T is a great looking and performing car. That is a
$5000.00 engine under that hood! Wanna trade for a Mini Van?

Had an 88 daytona shelby z basically identical to that black one. Was a blast to drive when it wasn't in the shop. Unfortunately, it was in the shop all too often. They did tend to get light in the *** end at around 120 mph!!

I have an 89 LeBaron Coupe, and we used to have an 88 Shelby Daytona. Currently looking for another 89 LeBaron Coupe to refurbish and put my T2 motor in.

Here are some pics of my 1998 Dodge Neon R/T 2.0 5-speed that I special ordered in Dec 97, (the window sticker has my name on it!), I got it in Feb 98. The options I checked off were Cruise/tilt, light group, CD/tape player, and ABS. I didn't order p/windows, locks, mirrors, or sunroof so this makes this a very rare car, most had these! Plus, very few orderd the $500 ABS option, in fact, I have never seen another Intense Blue one like mine! :-D My car only has 23,*** original miles and I have every single document, misc. stickers, records, I even have pictures of the car I took before the dealership prepped and cleaned it! Call me crazy but I even have the protective plastic seat covers! It had 13 miles when I took delivery, now it just sits in my heated shop under several car covers, hardly ever driven. The car is almost as mint as when I got it, I hope I can keep it this way so that it may be a cool little collectable when my daughter can drive it in 14 years!

I have some some bolt on's done to the motor like MP computer, MP motor mounts, cold air intake, bigger throttle body, MSD wires, Bosch plugs, Moroso oil pan, B&M short throw shifter, 2 1/2 mandrel bent exhaust. I used to drag race this in the quarter mile with M/T slicks, made 138 passes before I broke the factory axles, Best ET was 14.71. Also got a couple class wins and 9 trophies total, most were from beating the rice burners at the Import race days. I don't race it anymore, I don't want to break anything, plus, the motor has never been apart or ever any problems since new!

Picture 223.jpg

Picture 225.jpg

Picture 221.jpg

Picture 222.jpg

I also have a 1989 Shelby CSX VNT, one of 500 made, mine also has the rare Recaro seat option, I think less than half had that option. Sorry, no pics on my computer of this car. :angry7:

The white IrocR/T is pretty rare 1 of 17 white cars built in 93,and it's been tweaked a bit.This thing freakin flies,very impressed,now I need to go change my shorts.

I've owned a turbo 4cyl mopar continously since I purchased a white Daytona Turbo in May of 85. My current turbo car is an 03 PT Cruiser GT.

This is the 89 Shelby Daytona that I sold in 03 after picking up the PT.

89ShelbyDaytona.jpg

I've owned a turbo 4cyl mopar continously since I purchased a white Daytona Turbo in May of 85. My current turbo car is an 03 PT Cruiser GT.

This is the 89 Shelby Daytona that I sold in 03 after picking up the PT.

89ShelbyDaytona.jpg
The best lookin year Daytonas. Love the 89-91's I had a 85 turbo Daytona years ago, and more recently a 88 Shelby CSX.

This little monster?

Got to love the TIII it was the Hemi of the 90's. A few years back my dad and I built a 1987 CSX and put a TIII/A-568 into it, that thing was a nasty little car. It was featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines Magazine a few years ago, I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics.

Got to love the TIII it was the Hemi of the 90's. A few years back my dad and I built a 1987 CSX and put a TIII/A-568 into it, that thing was a nasty little car. It was featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines Magazine a few years ago, I'll have to see if I can dig up some pics.
It's funny you said that about the hemi.Today my buddy(has owned many Hemi's and cars) who turned me onto these cars stopped by to check out my Iroc,and as we were talking he said that he always put down Chryslers from the 80's and 90's that they didn't build anything to compete with the camaro's and mustangs?But he said he takes that back.They did in their sneaky Chrysler way,and if any of you ever get a chance to drive one of these or go for a ride?Don't pass up the chance,because if you enjoy fast cars?this thing will bring a big smile to your face.

Anyone in need of an NOS bra for 1989 Daytona? Orginal and still in box. Never on a car!! Might fit other years.

I was just curious if any of you have any Daytona's in the stables?
Here are my two-92 Iroc Daytona V6 car(electric blue)
and the latest,just got delivered Sunday-93 IrocR/T Daytona(white)

Where did the white one come from?I used to have one identical to it.Grey
perforated leather interior?Fun cars no doubt.

-
Back