Any other ideas on the location of the broadcast sheet?

-

kikgas01

Reaction score
I looked under my back seat and wasn`t there. The original owner said he never had the back seat out. It is a 71 340 Duster. Thanks.

Look on the backside of the upright part of the backseat sometimes under the springs. Also, they can be under the carpet or on top of the glove box. There might be other places but that's where I've seen them.

I've also found them under the carpet, under the front seat springs, inside the quarter panel under the quarter glass (on a 2dr hardtop), and wrapped around the steering column.

under the carpet,in the front or rear seat springs,under the gas tank,under the headliner,taped the backside of the glovebox liner.

Check inside the front seat backs also, you may find 3-5 of them if you check all possible locations.

Found the remains to my '67 Valiants build sheet :cwm10: under the front seat springs.
On the '65 Barracuda it was under the carpet, under the passenger bucket seat. The seat went right through the sheet :cwm10:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 133
Mine was on the back side of the drivers side bucket seat. I took the plastic back off and it was behind the seat springs.

Was yours an LA built Duster? They had a no trash policy at the plant and hence most LA built cars don't have broadcast sheets. My 71 Duster 340 came from the original owner too and I didn't find one anywhere :( The only place I haven't looked is behind the door panels.

check the front door panels too! my old 78' volare had her sheet stuck right through the passenger side window crank!!!

do you have the fender tag.
I have everything and it is all original 1 owner car. I decoded the tag and here is what I got. Ao1 is light package lol.
Code Description E55340-4 Barrel 69-73D32H-D A-727 TorqueFlite Trans / Some Years A-998VS29V = Plymouth Valiant / Duster
S = Special
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop

H1BH = 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
1 = 1971
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
356535Sequence Number '356535'EV2Paint Code: Hemi Orange / Tor-Red Irid
L4X9Trim Grade/Style/Color
L = Low
4 = Vinyl Split Bench w/ Center Armrest
X9 = Black
TX9Upper Door Frame: Black / Black Velvet408Date Built: 4 / 08 / 1971191340Order Number: 191340V1XRoof Type OR Color: Full Vinyl Top - BlackUBuilt to Specifications for USA OrderAO1Unknown At this time
G15Tinted Windshield OnlyG36Left Hand Remote, Right Hand Manual Outside MirrorL25Trunk Compartment LightL31Hood / Fender Mount Turn SignalM21Roof Drip Rail MoldingsN41Dual Exhaust w/o TipsN42Chrome Dual Exhaust TipsN85TachometerR11Music Master Radio AMV6XBlack Longitude Sports StripeV8XTransverse Stripe - BlackEN2End of Codes Assembly Line 2

Ao1 is the light package. Theres hope theres a sheet in there being that its not a LA built car. I'd look in the front seats first and check the topside of the glovebox. Theres a lost and found broadcast sheet section over on Moparts too. Love your Duster!! Good luck in your search.

-
Back