Any Rush fans??

-

macadoo1961

Reaction score
Hey I know there are some Rush fans out there,new and old. Just thought I'd give ya a big thumbs up on their current tour!!! Went last night with my 13yr old, what can I say those three guys rock better than ever!! They hadn't played in town here for just over 10yrs, they've always been good but I think they just get better as time has gone. They played a good mix of old stuff and new stuff, not to mention Neil does his drum solo Der Slagwerker which is amazing. Not a beat or note is missed, they as usual have entertaining videos to play to say the least with Geddy dressed up as a Scotsman with kilt and huge sideburns......not to mention Jerry Stiller making a reappearance for them in the vids!! It was a great family concert, lots of kids and old folks, old hippies etc!! If you have been thinking of going DO IT you will not be dissapointed, wheather you are an old fan from their beginings or a new younger fan, they will send you home with a big smile on your face. Best bucks I spent on tickets in a long time.

glad to hear it was a good show! i do like their stuff, but only heard about the vancouver show yesterday while working on my dart with rock 101 on the radio. a little too late to go see it =P but glad you had a good time! how did your 13 yr old like it??

Wow. Being an old hippie & big time Rush fan I got excited reading your post. Saw them in 79 in Baltimore & 82 & 84 in Washington D.C. Glad to here they sounded great. Will definately go to show if they come close to me. Thanks for the post. I'm going to go pop in 2112 & have a beer.

Oldschoolcuda

glad to hear it was a good show! i do like their stuff, but only heard about the vancouver show yesterday while working on my dart with rock 101 on the radio. a little too late to go see it =P but glad you had a good time! how did your 13 yr old like it??

thanks, I'd have to say my son enjoyed it almost as much as me, his first concert, he was blown away, he thought they sounded better live than on recordings. He's been taking drum lessons so you can kinda guess why he likes them tooo!! Speaking of 2112 they played it backed by Temples of Syrinx,sounded as good as it did when it came out in '76!!

I'm going to see Geddy and the boys next month out here on Long Island at Jones Beach. This will be either my 11th. or 18th. time.

Some of those shows are a fuzzy memory.... :drunken:

Speaking of 2112 they played it backed by Temples of Syrinx,sounded as good as it did when it came out in '76!!

That's the whole first side of the 2112 album! Good to hear that they're mixing some of the old with the new. One day, I'll have to see them in concert.

Sweet! I am going next sat. 6-7, here in Kansas City! My first concert in almost 15 Years! Paid almost 200.00 for my ticket, but we are supposed to be super close. I am very glad to hear these reviews!

2112 and a frisbee out in a field with the babes:rock:
And some kind of purple pill years agoo, or was it orange:scratch:
The good old days when I was young and full of myself.:-D

I've seen Rush four times and every concert has been fear instilling ... God I love those guys! Glad to hear they're still crankin it out. At $200 a ticket, I doubt if there'll be a #5. :-(

LMAO @ Memike's microdot story. Lawdy, lawdy {fannin myself Scarlett style} Mikey I had noooooooo idea you were such a rebel!

I've seen Rush four times and every concert has been fear instilling ... God I love those guys! Glad to hear they're still crankin it out. At $200 a ticket, I doubt if there'll be a #5. :-(

LMAO @ Memike's microdot story. Lawdy, lawdy {fannin myself Scarlett style} Mikey I had noooooooo idea you were such a rebel!

Why thank you Leanna!!. --As I tip my hate and give a wink:-D
"Were or was" is the secret word.:rock:

Oh HECK yes. I have seen them over 40 times since the first show here on 11/13/77 during the "A Farewell To Kings" tour. I will hit a couple of shows on this leg of the tour too. Have you heard the live CD? Amazing, even for them. Did you know that here will soon be another Live DVD released that was filmed on the first leg of this tour?

That's the whole first side of the 2112 album! Good to hear that they're mixing some of the old with the new. One day, I'll have to see them in concert.
Actually, that is just the first two parts. They played the complete "2112" on only 1 tour, the "Test For Echo" tour in 96/97. They had not even played the whole thing on the "2112" tour because they were still an opening act back then.

"Everyone would gather on the 24th of May, sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display,dancing fire's on the beach,singing songs together,those were just the memories,some memories last forever".

Ahh......Hell ya!!!!!

Saw Rush in 1981 at the Los Angeles Forum

Dam that sounds like fun.

Oh HECK yes. I have seen them over 40 times since the first show here on 11/13/77 during the "A Farewell To Kings" tour. I will hit a couple of shows on this leg of the tour too. Have you heard the live CD? Amazing, even for them. Did you know that here will soon be another Live DVD released that was filmed on the first leg of this tour?

Wow 40 times you are a wiser man than I! In highschool(mid-late70's) me and friends were busy listening to VHalen,Nuggent,ChTrick,main stream stuff from that time....my best bud bought Hemispheres to see what Rush was about,(wanted to see what the "stoner" music was like LOL) we heard Trees and I am ashamed to say laughed our asses off like kindergarten kids at the lyrics (well I didn't tell them but I did like the guitaring on it!)my freind actually took the album back to the store claiming it had a skip in it, that was the end of Rush till '81 when I bought Moving Pictures because of Red Barchetta, I then realized what immature dumb asses we were a few years back.And yes,I bought the live Snakes and Arrows CD set and played it to death already waiting to see them live.....believe me they actually sounded better live than on the 2CD live set! I sure hope you're right and they bring out a DVDset of this tour, I've got R-30 from '04, its fantastic too!! After you other guys on FABO go to the Snakes and Arrows tour, be sure to post and let us know what you thought of it:cheers:As for The Trees, they played it last night too, the crowd went nuts for it,Subdivisions too! I was hoping for La Villa Strangiato,one of my favorite instrumentals,but I don't know if they're doing it on tour now....check that song out on U-Tube but also type in "rant" with the title....you'll see Lifeson at his best being a nut, the guys hilarious! Thanks for reading and adding to my post on this and letting me rant on..go see them and you'll see why I was so pumped on their concert!

Me and My son are going to see Them this Sunday 6/1 here in Vancouver, WA
Can't wait. Went Last July and they we're awsome. First time I'd seen them since the late 80's. It pretty cool to go with My kid, he really loved it last year.

Sorry, couldn't resist someone threw this on Utube from last night in Vanc, Pearts solo Der Slegwerker, to bad the pic quality sucks though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY-sY1I3hCE

Neil went to Lakeport High here in St Catharines.I played senior football with his brother Dan.

Neil was admired by all. Not just because he played in the high school band. He was intelligent, fun to be around, and always had a following of people who looked up to him. He did not seek attention, it happened naturally. From what I remember, he prefered be alone with his girlfriend, and not being part of any big crowds. Looks like he got over that!

His hands and feet never stopped. he could not walk by the hallway lockers without banging and clanging them with pencils, rulers...whatever he had in his hands at the time. In the cafeteria he couldn't keep his cutlery still. His hand and feet never stopped.

Lakeside Park was at the end of Lakeport Road, just down from the high school. If Neil wasn't at school, he was at the park. I won't tell you what he did there...but he got a lot of his inspiration there. Hence the song...

We feel the RUSHHHHH when they're in town!

Jim

Hey Macadoo great to hear that it was a great show. We, my family and I are awaiting to be graced by their presence on July 12th here in NJ. Last year we caught 2 of their shows and it was also my kids first concert. They were 12 and 7 at that time.
Posted is a copy of an emal sent to the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame. Yes I am a fan!

12/14/07 "Madonna gets inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame."

"I simply cannot believe that RUSH has yet to be inducted into what should be one of the music industries greatest honors. The 600 board members of the Rock & Roll Hall of Shame, should have their heads examined. Their logic, lack of reasoning, and industry knowledge, have to be questioned. It should be clear from this message that their knowledge of music and competency, as well as their mental state should come into question. From nominations like this, it is clear that the board members have no working knowledge of music! How could they? One should simply take a look at the current and past nominees and try to find a reasonable answer as to why a band like RUSH, is not part of these so called music elite. After all, a nomination should be based on the contribution that an entertainer(s) make to the music industry. If the so called "art" of music were based on levels of talent, ability, and music that is simply straight from the heart; then Rush should be on the top tier. One of the top bananas, the pinnacle if you will, as far as talent and anything that is good, or better yet great!!! I worry, but believe that the cream always rises to the top. One day it will dawn on the board, that they have been ignorant and less than knowledgeable about anything related to music. They may even regret the lack of thought and reasoning set forth in their decision making process. They should even apologize, or better yet ask for forgiveness from our brothers from the great white North." After which they should all resign and live in obscurity.

"It is a sad day when I read theses types of headlines. It ensures me that our demise continues, and an even scarier thought is that there is no end in sight. Weak minded impressionable youth will be lost at an even more rapid pace. The blame rests on the shoulders of mass media, VH1, MTV and BET as the single largest contributors to the problem. " Young musicians will look up to a scantily dressed Madonna as rock royalty. The majority of which are, young impressionable girls. There's something wrong with the world today.

"Parents should also take some responsibility here. I realize this is the home of the brave, but people wake up! Monitor and be aware of what your children do, listen to, believe in, and act like. I also realize that we have 1st amendment rights, but censorship should be a standard practice of today's parents. If you ignore it, it simply will not go away. Children soak up and emulate what they are exposed to. It rests on the parents' shoulders to be an example. One that your children look up to. One should teach or instill a sense of independent thinking upon on their children. Youth should learn to question things and not just follow the norm if you will. There's something to be said about originality and leadership. Start them young and let them blossom." Give them the chance in such a competitive world.

"I will boycott anything to do with the Rock & Roll Hall of Shame. Simply stated most bands wish they knew what RUSH forgot about being musicians!!!

"I will boycott anything to do with the Rock & Roll Hall of Shame. Simply stated most bands wish they knew what RUSH forgot about being musicians!!!

If your not an over-compressed, drum-machine backed, ghetto-dressed wanna be thug, your not a musician. Rush being acknowledged for being musicians? C`mon.... next thing your gonna say is that the Grammy's are a hoax too.

Being a musician for over 35yrs. (yeah, I'm old....) all I can say is if it's commercially "successful" then it must suck, talent-wise. The day Rush get's inducted into the R&R hall of fame is the day they run out of bellybutton screachers and crotch-grabbing primates....

But man-o-man... watching Geddy hammer notes on his Bass with his left hand, use his right hand for keyboards, his feet for Bass pedals, and sing at the same time? Yeah, Madonna does that all the time... :thebirdm:

Actually, that is just the first two parts. They played the complete "2112" on only 1 tour, the "Test For Echo" tour in 96/97. They had not even played the whole thing on the "2112" tour because they were still an opening act back then.

Not sure if you caught what I said, but I said the entire first side of the "Album". :) I guess I'm dating myself, lol!

I friend just offered me a ticket for $120. 20th row middle at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. It's an outdoor venue built into the side of a mountain. Here's a link to check it out, it's unbeleivable! http://www.redrocksonline.com/

I saw Yes there in '94. I still remember some of it, lol!

Not sure if you caught what I said, but I said the entire first side of the "Album". :) I guess I'm dating myself, lol!

I friend just offered me a ticket for $120. 20th row middle at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. It's an outdoor venue built into the side of a mountain. Here's a link to check it out, it's unbeleivable! http://www.redrocksonline.com/

I saw Yes there in '94. I still remember some of it, lol!

Well he offered and your going????Looks like an awesome venue you lucky dog!! You're going right:cheers: Have a blast!!

Johnny Dart, I was at that same concert at the Forum!!! (Used to live in San Bernardino) If I remember right -- yeah, yeah, no comments on my memory loss LOL -- Mr. Big warmed them up and their last song was Addicted to That Rush. By the time the big guys took the stage, it was a frenzy. For all of you seeing them this summer, here -- take my lighter. :hippy2:

-
Back