Any Sonic Drive In lovers out there

-
have one like 45 minutes from me... never been to one before. they good? think they are having weekly cruises this summer so i'll have to check it out.

Hey Bill. You're absolutely correct. Taylors in Marshalltown is the best. Convertrible knows. But how does a guy from Conway Arkansas know about
MaidRites? toolman

Food's OK, pretty much inline with any other fast food joint. The menu is huge and the cherry limeades are great. I've got one just a few blocks away but in my 'hood, there are no organized cruises, just gangs.

They just opened the first one in our town about 2 months ago and some of us guys are looking to establish a cruise night for the local car dudes and see how it goes. Looking forward to it!

This is a sore subject for me. I see at least 5 commercials a day for Sonic and there isnt 1 near me. Ive never understood why they waste the money advertising locally here when the closest location is more than a half hour away. Ok, Im done lol

We just got one - it opened two weeks ago. Haven't been there yet. They put it in Jackson Twp. which could be considered N. Canton, about 10 mins away from me. I wonder if their cruise -ins will put a dent in the big Arby's and Quaker Steak & Lube cruise ins?

Toolman Mike,

I moved to Des Moines (from Little Rock, AR) in 1964 (when I was 26), and lived there until 1980, when I moved to the San Francisco Bay area. Moved back to central Arkansas when I retired, in 2004.

So, I had a solid SIXTEEN YEARS of MaidRites, while in Des Moines... must have eathen literally thousands of 'em! Can't beat them!!!

MaidRite has been expanding some, into Missouri, etc., lately, but haven't made it to Conway, yet.

I keep hoping.... The Marshaltown store will ship them in dry ice to wherever you live. But, they are not quite as good as "fresh." I visit relatives in Des Moines from time-to-time, so I usually make it to the MaidRite on East 14th street (just North of Euclid) for a refresher course in how to keep all that "loose meat" on the bun... LOL!

MaidRite RULES!!!! :cheers:

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

Hand me a spoon. There's usually enough extra on the plate for another sandwich (if I only had another bun) LOL toolman

You got that right; Roseanne didn't call it a "LOOSE MEAT SANDWICH" for nothing.... LOL!

Now, I'm HONGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn....:angry7:

ramcharger: Sounds like a challenge for a good man of your type. Get those kids together and get em started on cars. They're just looking for someone to look up to. That's where you come in. There is always a purpose for our current situation. It may not be visable now but eventually will become evident. Did i say that ???

Bill: We have a Maidrite here in West Plains. Not bad with the curly fries.

Sounds like a road trip to West Plains this summer is in order! LOL toolman

West Plains isn't that far a drive, but I'm getting ready to put a 4.10 in the Valiant, so I'll either have to hurry, or drive my wife's Avalon....

I'll let you know when I'm coming. Maybe MeMike can make that trip, too...

Bill, in "no MaidRite" Conway, AR

-
Back