any truck owners?? lets see the dodge trucks..67 power wagon

-
Wow!! Those pieces look big enough to be carrier shims but if a shim or 2 came out you'd think it'd have excessive backlash and be noisy??? If I were you I'd take those pieces to the local Dodge dealer and show them to a mechanic to figure out what they are. IMO you have a ticking time bomb there. Also, by the look of the picture the differential is tilted up a lot in the front. That'll starve the front pinion bearing for oil. Probably since you have it jacked up so high you need to use some shims to get the driveshaft angle back where it needs to be. By the look it's a wonder it doesn't vibrate and eat U-joints for lunch. The incorrect driveshaft angle is possibly why you have broken parts.

I've had the truck for nearly 6 years and have towed a utility trailer with 2 ATV's and 2 dirt bikes quite a bit. Even drove from Ft Irwin, CA to Ft Hood and at that time I had 3 ATV's, 2 dirtbikes, and much more during our move. In the 6 years I have replaced one u-joint. The truck hasn't even been re-geared. It still has it's stock 3.50 gears even though it really needs 4.56 installed. I now no longer tow with her as I use my 2010 Ram for that. The 97 is mainly my daily driver around town and the occasional trip to nearby towns. There is no vibration or noise. Guess I've been lucky or the truck is just that sturdy, or both!

I like this truck!! after the dart is done there will be one of these parked next to it......I am thinking a viper powered one of these would be SWEET!!!!!!!!

IMG_5472.jpg

100_0939.jpg

043.jpg

038.jpg

newtruck.jpg

This is my '85 Ram with its original paint still on it. My wife & I went for a drive today and took these pics. The pics are taken in front of the Dealership that sold this truck new 26yrs ago. This Dealership is still in business and still run by the same family they are still a Dodge dealer for parts though they are only selling used cars now. I was talking with the owner & his wife today and he moved a couple cars so I could park in the spot they use for all their pictures. It's possible this truck sat in the same spot when it was new, the owner was pleased that we stopped by and gave me some new dealer stickers for the truck. The original stickers are starting to fade away on the fenders, he gave me 2 of there most recent stickers plus 2 of the same sticker that have been on the truck since new. It was a great day!

Attachments

• glyons.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 123
  • glyons1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 111
  • glyons2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 123
-
Back