anybody ever seen/know anything about

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
this strange brand disc brake kit. i was told that you use it on an a body drum brake spindle. there were no instructions with it. i looked at strange's web site and it does not show this kit. (of course it doesn't). jfz calipers, which google says are also wilwoods. they are 4 piston calipers. the hubs have 4.5/4.75 inch bolt pattern. would like to know more info, if anyone has it. i got rid of my 10 inch a body spindles, so hard to visualize how it fits. hubs have dual bolt pattern and the studs are screw in from the back. tia. rick w.

If you have plans for a particular wheel, make sure they fit, many are known to have interference issues, center, and caliper .

sorry, i forgot to hit the attach photos. here they are. i don't thick i would be afraid of the dual bolt pattern as they are the same as wheel pattern but the pics should help. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

20230611_121049.jpg

20230611_121042.jpg

1st pic is with my bc gauge on it. it is 4.5 bc. 2nd pic is of hub turned a little so you can see the 5 in bc number. the other hole lines up with 4.75

20230611_182644.jpg

20230611_182650.jpg

I've got a spare set that has 4 and 4.5 bolt pattern but it's Wilwood. Just surprised it has a GM pattern 4.75 and 4.5 Ford/Mopar

As an owner of two sets of JFZ brakes, I can assure you they are NOT wilwoods. What you have looks like a mismatched mess to me.
The 4 1/2-4 3/4 double pattern is completely normal.
JFZ went belly-up several years ago, but somebody is still making pads for them. Could be wilwood.

I called strange this morning and was told the jfz stuff was bought out by wildwood and that they may have the o ring kits for the calipers. Strange does not as they made their own for their kits. What spindlesdo/did you use?

not sure how old the calipers are, but i measured the pistons and they are 1.74 diameter, 4 per caliper and the caliper has a metal transfer tube at the end of it, made from steel brake line. did not have a chance to see if piston seals are round or square cut, but will look tomorrow.

No sir. It is 4.5/4.75
Nothing weird about it. It's a Ford/GM kit. Ford used 4.5 bolt circle and GM used 4.75. If you're going to the Mopar 4.5 bolt pattern, have fun, it should work with all the right pieces.

Rusty, have you used/seen/have experience with this kit? If so, does it use 10 inch spindles to mount the parts?

-
Back