Anybody ever use one of these intakes? Weiand #7510

-

gearjammer340

Reaction score
Anybody ever use one of these? More intersted actually if anybody has used one on a stroker sb as we have one kicking around and when I build a stroker for my duster I was thinking about this intake. It would be over 400 cu in if I'm gonna do it.
Thanks,
Jr.
062709_16151.jpg

I have that on a 1/8 mile car. Seems ok, little doggy on the street though. Really likes wide open throttle

We've run it on a 340 4spd 73 dart sport we used to have ran high 12s with it,but we ran it with 4.30s and a 236/60/15 bfg dr(fun car!)solid cam and some worked on x-heads. Would have went faster with more tire so we could hit it harder out of the hole was a finesse thing launching that car. I was just thinking that with the longer arm in the stroker that it would come on sooner than it did with the shorter arm in the 340(I'll be 340 based with mine as I have a block thats allready 030. I'm gonna have our machinist check it so see how far we can take,if it can be taken out a bit more it's a go.). It's been run 030 over. That dart sport was a little soggy down low but with the 4.30s it wasnt for long lol. But if I understand how this works(very good chance I dont but I'm learning, I know a cpl ppl that do that are patient with my ideas and questions but I never ask direct questions just directions on where to look for things and they humor it lol) the single plane works when the rpm is enough for there to be enough velocity for it to be effecient so wouldnt the stroker reach this point at a lower rpm because of it moving more air per rpm than a smaller motor, and that more air going through the same size port (intake manifold) would compress it and speed it up? And wouldnt it be done earlier too if nothing else was changed? I know the camshaft would have alot to do with it to (on this stroker I'd be going with a tigh lash solid roller nothing giant on duration but there'd be alot of lift but that will be determined after the heads are flowed). Its not gonna be nothing crazy(I know I said in another post that it's(my 74 duster) gonna be a mellow street car and it will be, but mellow street car doesnt have to mean slow) It's a disease and I cant help it lol I can't leave well enough alone anbd I just got the 360 in my duster and I'm allrready plotting:snakeman:. I know theres more to it, I just dont have the vocabulary,but I think I get it. Could be wrong too but if I am maybe somebody could set me straight.
Thanks alot,
Jr.

That family of intakes is a very good one. The 7512 is a great intake for an RB too. I think it would be fine, posibly better with an open 1" spacer on it.

Ran a B engine version on a 383 with a mopar 484 cam in it. It was a real pig but the exhaust manifolds, 323 gears and tall tires may have been to blame for that, LOL

Yea Moper, we have one of those for an rb with a one inch spacer on it we ran on an stock stroke 440 with 906s with a small sft with a some je pistons w.polished stock rods(they r pretty we still have them I'll(pistons r junk but the rods r nice) post a pic of them with really polished beams sometime) had it in out 67 gt b4 it had anything done xcept the bigblock swap still on the little 26x8s even lol wasnt even running a hood lol ran mid 11s with it not being able to launch very aggressively at all. Now same car has a beefy shortblock and some touched up performer rpms went 11.02 running like *** a cpl weeks ago we'll be running it with our other cars this weekend at the armdrop thing here in woodburn so it should get a 10sec pass out of it(pump gas street car) not too bad for still just using superstocks and a snubber lol. We might put that intake back on the gt(its just keeping a shelf company right now as the gt has a performer rpm on it now.
AdamR, yea, I bet headers and some lower gears would have woke it right up. The first bb we had in our 67 charger was a stock (67 383 iirc)shortblock and some lightly worked on 906s,torker cam 230 on both sides iirc and 480 lift iirc(been 15yrs since we had that together and theres been alot of combos since but I think thats the specs on that cam) a torker intake(loosely similar) a worked on thermoquad, supercomps w/3in exh, and that motor ran great for what it was we bounced between 3.91s and 4.30s dunno which I liked better both were greatly entertaining:snakeman:
Thanks for the info,
Jr.

I was just thinking that with the longer arm in the stroker that it would come on sooner than it did with the shorter arm in the 340 -- But if I understand how this works(very good chance I dont but I'm learning, I know a cpl ppl that do that are patient with my ideas and questions but I never ask direct questions just directions on where to look for things and they humor it lol) the single plane works when the rpm is enough for there to be enough velocity for it to be effecient so wouldnt the stroker reach this point at a lower rpm because of it moving more air per rpm than a smaller motor, and that more air going through the same size port (intake manifold) would compress it and speed it up? And wouldnt it be done earlier too if nothing else was changed? I know the camshaft would have alot to do with it to ---

Minus the word compress and your on target. You seem to understand what's going on pretty well.

Right on,I understand. Compressing it would be positive pressure(I should have thought about it more lol) and that's not gonna happen without a blower or turbo etc...(or maybe a baaad backfire on the sauce but that can lead to a carb in orbit lol) Thanks for that.
Jr.

-
Back