Anybody have an old Cushman scooter?

-
I actually have thought about that. Maybe just leave the body pretty much as you see it and put a killer engine in it.

Those are cool too! I love those sidecars. tmm

Check out scoot.net. I do Lambrettas (got 3) and a vespa P200. You should be able to find one there. I know a guy here in Boise who has one in pieces; I'll ask what he wants for it and get you some pics if you'd like.

Check out scoot.net. I do Lambrettas (got 3) and a vespa P200. You should be able to find one there. I know a guy here in Boise who has one in pieces; I'll ask what he wants for it and get you some pics if you'd like.

Thanks for the link Sean I'll check it out.

My wife liked this one

Those 3 wheelers could be made pretty cool.

Here's a backwards 3 wheeler ice cream scooter. I've seen one with pedals but not motorized.

Attachments

• Cushman_scooter_Ice_Cream.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 106
If your interested in looking at some used and restored Cushman's,
google Dennis Carpenter Ford Reproduction's........ they reproduce
alot of their own Cushman part's there too. I believe you can also
get a free Cushman catalog too, by filling out their catalog registration
info card.I think it's still free. If anything, it's fun to look and go back to the good ole day's
Thanks for the link. I just cruised around their catalog. They do have the parts!
tmm

I briefly scanned through this thread and to dispel the rumors, I know more people with Cushmans than I do with Barracudas or Valiants. Cushman RULED the scooter world back in the 50's and 60's. Cushman also made scooters for Sears under the Allstate brand. Cushman scooters have a national club with local clubs and events. They have a company dedicated to making reproduction parts for just about every part and model. AND they are recognized everywhere they go. Sad thing is I can get more money out of a trashed but running Cushman than I can out of my trashed but running 66 Barracuda.
My dad still has his 1952 Cushman Pacemaker and it is valued at around $2000 in running condition. Totally dolled up Pacemakers can go up to $3500 but kinda rare to do so. The rock star is the Cushman Eagle. That was the bike every kid wanted and apparently still wants today.
http://www.cushmanclubofamerica.com/calendar/calendarlocal.htm
Check here for some advertisements
http://www.cushmanclubofamerica.com/buyselltrade/cforsale.html

There is a GREAT week long swap meet in Portland IN in July where you can get anything scooter or bicycle related.

Right you are. I didn't realize there was such a following for these scooters until I started nosing around. I'm quite surprised at the prices of the unrestored ones.
Back in the late 60's a classmate had one and remembering it got me curious. From what I remember it was a late 40's 50 series. Got any pics of your Dads scooter? tmm

-
Back