Anybody know what used police wheels sell for?

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was garage cleaning and ran across a set of 15x7 police wheels (1983 vintage) and asked me to sell them for him but I don't know what to ask for them cause I haven't seen any listed for sale for quite a while. Other than being dirty and needing painted 3 are in real nice shape, the 4th (the one with white paint on it) apparently nailed a curb pretty hard and has a nasty dent right on the lip.

If anyone has any idea what to ask for them and their opinion on whether or not the dented one is repairable I'd appreciate it. Here's a few pics with close ups of the dented one

BTW: there are no center caps, just the rims

I could be way off but I would think at least $50. a wheel for straight ones ...maybe more ....probably more considering they are 15s and getting harder to find these days.

I have seen them from $80.00-$200.00 a set.I would ask around $100.00 for the 3 good ones.

picked up a set of four in nice shape last year for $80, they were asking $25 each

I am with GTS $100 for the set and let the buyer know one is compromised.

Picked up 4 and an 8.25 A body rear this year for $180.00!! That was a steal. Got 4 nice rims with caps at the Nats for $150.00!! Another steal.
My average for a set of 4 have been $120-150. I have a customer who clones 70's cop cars and takes all I can find.

I am with GTS $100 for the set and let the buyer know one is compromised.

Hey Fishy68, just sold a set of 2 on here for 100.00....He picked them up from me at Carlisle so there was no shipping involved though...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=234941

From what I have seen the going rate seems to be about 50.00 a wheel if they are straight and in good shape....

Picked up 4 and an 8.25 A body rear this year for $180.00!! That was a steal. Got 4 nice rims with caps at the Nats for $150.00!! Another steal.
My average for a set of 4 have been $120-150. I have a customer who clones 70's cop cars and takes all I can find.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'd have to get $75 each or maybe like $225-ish for all 4.....something like that. Depends on the condition of course and the bolt holes and if they seller is absolutely sick of looking at them.

I picked up a nearly perfect set of four right before Carlisle for $100.00

At the show, the prices ranged form $25 -35 each, but some of them were pretty rusty.

I'd have to get $75 each or maybe like $225-ish for all 4.....something like that. Depends on the condition of course and the bolt holes and if they seller is absolutely sick of looking at them.

I picked up a nearly perfect set of four right before Carlisle for $100.00

At the show, the prices ranged form $25 -35 each, but some of them were pretty rusty.

Thanks for input guys. 3 of them are in real good shape, including the bolt holes, just the 4th one has the dent issue which I believe is repairable, but an issue nevertheless.

I know I wouldn't pay more than $50 a wheel for used ones, and those would have to be in REALLY nice shape.

You can get brand new ones from Wheel Vintiques for around $100, and you can get different widths and offsets. Stock you're stuck with 15x7. Even at $50 each if they need a repaint it'll cost more to have them blasted and painted than it would cost to get a brand new set.

Damn, I didn't know they repro-ed 'em.....guess I can't use my "ya'll-know-how-rare-these-are?" line. LOL Actually, those are some heavy *** wheels.

$50ea. I dont think you can get repro's of the cop car wheels though, Just the plane steels

I know I wouldn't pay more than $50 a wheel for used ones, and those would have to be in REALLY nice shape.

You can get brand new ones from Wheel Vintiques for around $100, and you can get different widths and offsets. Stock you're stuck with 15x7. Even at $50 each if they need a repaint it'll cost more to have them blasted and painted than it would cost to get a brand new set.

Good points. I guess another factor is how much you really had to have original wheels with the pentastar on them.

As for blasting and painting, yeah if you don't have a blaster and paint gun it could cost you a good bit. I have those items so for me buying something that needs blasted and painted isn't quite as big of a deal.

Thanks again for the input guys. I put an ad up. I priced them on the high end of things but am willing to go with best offer. You know the old saying, you can always go down, but not up, LOL... Hopefully they'll sell locally cause as Cudavert said their heavy buggers.

Not rare they made thousands of them.. 79 st. regis was first car with them i think could be wrong. junk yard by me i was getting them for 10 to 20 bucks apiece... Now super coupe rims are rare... .02

Not rare they made thousands of them.. 79 st. regis was first car with them i think could be wrong. junk yard by me i was getting them for 10 to 20 bucks apiece... Now super coupe rims are rare... .02

Is that recently, or back in the day? I remember in the 80's you could buy them most anywhere for $10-20 a piece. I don't remember anyone saying they are rare.

I bought set of four 15z7 for $250 with S/H. Had them powder coated. I then bought decent caps and found some nice factory trim rings. I would not sell them for $50 a piece. Where were you guys when I was buying some. lol

I picked 8 of them at Carlisle this past year for $200....other than needing paint they are all in good shape....although it was on Sunday when the guy was packing up lol

Seems like it's all over the board on prices. I'm sure location makes a difference there. I've had them listed here for quite a while and down to $150 for the set and still no takers. Maybe I'll hang em on the wall as garage art, LOL

-
Back