Anybody receive seat covers from Legendary or Classic Industries lately?

-
I ordered full interior for my Cuda (e body) in november 2022. I received some of it quickly and most of it has trickled in over the months. Just waiting on the rear seat covers and I was told July. Well July is just about over and nothing yet. I would like to know what the issue is. They really cant blame covid anymore.

Perhaps you should. I was referring to the statement that they were quoting 8-10 weeks.
I’m only going by what the salesman told me while I sat at the Legendary tent table and had a conversation with the salesman how business is going and sales are doing.
I got the impression between fabric manufacturing and hiring trained sewing techs, things were slow. The floor mats that I ordered were red, and fit only the 63-66 early a-bodies. I thought that was an extremely long wait at 6 weeks for a pretty simple molded part that unlike seat covers are made pretty quickly.

I’m only going by what the salesman told me while I sat at the Legendary tent table...
No worries. My comment was meant for the other guy. Consensus seems to be that upholstery is 8 months +. I'm learning to be patient.

I'd like to lay them out in the summer sun before trying to install them. It might be summer of '24 though.

I ordered red door panels from SMS Fabrics in February 2019. They showed up in April this year!! I had a good contact with them but lack of employees might be the problem.

As for Classics themselves, they have to be the only place on earth that has an item before I'll buy from them.
I am just curious. I always had superior service and great quality parts from them. Would you mind sharing what happened?

Ordered a set of black bucket seat covers from Legendary last weekend and the email confirmation said 280 day lead time. I can wait-it's not like I don't have anything else to do.

i ordered rear seat covers for my 68 gts dart last week from legendary they told me april of 2024 ,10 month wait.
they said they are working long hours and have a full staff but have thousand of orders to fill.
that's good for them ..but the waiting stinks!
plus the price is outrageous for covers ..over 450$ just for the rear covers

I called Legendary. They quoted 40 weeks and said my covers are probably 6-8 weeks away.

IMG_3240.jpeg
I feel bad. Above I said Legendary said 6-8 weeks on the floor mats…. They arrive today. Like 12 days. Very high quality. After dinner I will see if they actually fit. Lol!

I ordered mine I think in 2021 it took 6 or 8 months right around the time I got impatient and e mailed legendary they shipped it was pure coincidence

I ordered lots of stuff from Legendary a couple of years ago. Took six months or so. It's all still in boxes waiting for seats to be a priority. Order before you need them and it won't be a problem.

Sadly, patience is a must when it comes to the correct seat covers. I ordered my Legendary rear seat upholstery kit from Year One on their eBay site back in 2018. They had it in stock. I ordered the front seat kit from Classic. It took over 9 months for it to be delivered. I couldn't find the front seat bolsters for several years. I finally found the bolsters at Summit and received them in a month. When I tried to put the covers on the bolsters, they didn't fit. The bolsters weren't correct so I had an upholstery shop cut them down to fit the covers and install the covers on the bolsters. The final outcome is great!

I ordered a high-bucket cover set from Legendary a couple years back. LONG wait. I didn't notice until they were installed that the welt in the backside of the upper cover was crooked. No, not installed crooked, but sewn in crooked. Very disappointing for the kilo+ bucks paid (with foam...that wasn't used 'cuz IT didn't fit).

If that is the case I will order from them and cancel with Classic Industries. I realize they are using the supply chain issue as usual but 'm getting the feeling I am being jerked around. The Classic p/n is the same as Legendary p/n. I have a whole pile of parts that I am asking them to hold and ship with the covers and patience isn't my best virtue.
When you purchase seat covers from Classic they are legendary covers they actually come in legendary boxes with classic paper stuck over the top but its strange that classic is selling them cheaper then you get from Legendary

When you purchase seat covers from Classic they are legendary covers they actually come in legendary boxes with classic paper stuck over the top but its strange that classic is selling them cheaper then you get from Legendary
Legendary wants Classic to sell lots of their products, so they price theirs higher than Classic to not undercut them on price. This keeps Classic happy, and Legendary still gets the sales while dealing with one large customer instead of hundreds of small ones.

Until another company is able to create a similar product with the same or better quality, Legendary doesn’t need to ‘address‘ their order backlog. If you don’t like Legendarys timelines then order from PUI Interior!

I had a terrible experience with Legendary pre covid my carpet came with several pulls in the loops sticking up and I had to argue and send pics to them they were trying to say it happened after shipment and then my seat covers finally arrived and I didn't realize until we were almost finished installing the back of the rear seat (which is not an easy thing to do) that there was a bead missing on the top so I did a bunch of extra stiches and hoped for the best because I don't expect anyone to be sitting back there and didn't want to fight with them again and delay the build again. GO LOCAL they are overrated.

Until another company is able to create a similar product with the same or better quality, Legendary doesn’t need to ‘address‘ their order backlog. If you don’t like Legendarys timelines then order from PUI Interior!
Very true. Id like to add that they shut down or slowed down over COVID and maybe their staff didnt come back. Point is companies have downsized since then . Id ratheer wait for legendary than use PUI. I looked at their stuff it wasnt 100% correct appearing for my car. yes it would have worked but not correct.

I ordered black bucket covers for my Duster in Dec 22. Talked to Legendary today and they said next month I should get them.

-
Back