Anybody running 17" Cobra Bullit rims on a Duster

-
yeah 'dude its a 74 duster factory bbp discs, but no factory sway bar tabs. has the spool mount k frame. thats why i say i practically slapped the bullits on and was on my way, at least compared to all the speedbumps you hit. not all that bad to swap out a K tho.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I hit MANY speed bumps...Maybe I should have started with the later K-member in the first place. LOL...It's ok...I'll spend all my money and be the guinea pig for everyone. lol...I do have later style LCA's coming in the mail with S/B tabs in the middle. All I need is a K-member. They are hard to find not all beat up and dented, or rusted...

yeah the Ks are kinda hard to come by. seems like everyone takes thier brakes and crushes the rest.

Our sway bar for the 73-76 K-member will clear the wheels no problem because it mounts to the control arm inside of the strut rod just like stock. THe strut rod will be the limiting factor for wheel clearance on a 73-76 K-member application. Our goal with Mopardude318's car is the give as much clearance as possible for the wheels while maintaining the 67-72 K-member. We will be incorporating these changes into future production of our tubular bars. Regarding our solid bars, we have made them for years and they work well. The main reason we brought out the tubular product is for weight savings. The tubular bars are half the weight of the solid bars. Many performance oriented builds are concerned about weight and the tubular bars are one way to save weight.

Okay - just figured I'd show you all my new wheels & tires on my Ram Charger. Fronts are 17*8's with 235/65/17, rears are 17*9-1/2 with 275/60/17. It's an '88 so I had to change the front rotors to '83 ones to avoid needing adapters and to keep the wheel placed where I wanted them. Rears have a 1-1/2" thick adapter that took the bp from 5 on 5-1/2 down to the 5 on 4-1/2. Had top do some clearancing on the front hubs.

Overall - I like it :)

88  rc.jpg

anybody have any new info? this thread has seemed to fizzle out!

I forgot to post in this thread about my new custom sway bar, made by Dave at Helwig, that has a bend in it to clear the larger 17 inch wheels...It's a new part number, will be available for everyone else soon....You can look in my "68 cuda fastback suspension rebuild" thread in the member restorations.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=92816

I am swapping over mine as soon as I find tires that are in my price range.

good luck with that! i had to get cheap *** sumitomo's until i can get some "real" tires. i'll probably wear them out next weekend at the peach state muscle car challenge.

good luck with that! i had to get cheap *** sumitomo's until i can get some "real" tires. i'll probably wear them out next weekend at the peach state muscle car challenge.

Yeah they are high... I know some people that I can probably get some nice used ones from. I just have to stop working long enough to find out about them. How do you like the sumitomos? and did you ever move to the 17x8 in the front? or are you still running the 17x9s? And what sizes?

Sumitomos are good tires, especially for the money. Lots of folks use the HTRZ's for cheap track day tires as the older ones had a really soft compound (low treadwear rating) and were relatively cheap. Tire Rack has the new ones - HTRZ III - rated best in category. 245/45's are $110 and 275/40's are $117. Pretty good, but not dirt cheap.

Clair

Sumitomos are good tires, especially for the money. Lots of folks use the HTRZ's for cheap track day tires as the older ones had a really soft compound (low treadwear rating) and were relatively cheap. Tire Rack has the new ones - HTRZ III - rated best in category. 245/45's are $110 and 275/40's are $117. Pretty good, but not dirt cheap.

Clair

i am going nitto or BFG or something like that next time. i am not real impressed with these especially in the rain,i don't trust them at all.

i have the sumitumo htrz2 in 245s i think they are awsome. im not making big power but it sticks like glue. i have gotten stuck in pooring rain a few times and i thought they did fine. i was worried as they are rated as a summer tire but they work good. id buy them again. i got them in the package deal mounted on bullits for like 880 to my door. i know it was cheaper than putting any new tire on any used set of mustang rims i could find.

Clair

good information!

i have the sumitumo htrz2 in 245s i think they are awsome. im not making big power but it sticks like glue. i have gotten stuck in pooring rain a few times and i thought they did fine. i was worried as they are rated as a summer tire but they work good. id buy them again. i got them in the package deal mounted on bullits for like 880 to my door. i know it was cheaper than putting any new tire on any used set of mustang rims i could find.

i think that is the same ones that came on my bullits. i have not been real impressed with them. my car gets WAY loose in the rear in the rain. as much as i drive it anymore i think i am going to go with something racier.

if i remember right, you have a different tire than me. they had a few different sumitumos at the time.

if i remember right, you have a different tire than me. they had a few different sumitumos at the time.

i think so. hell i can't keep up with so many damn cars! my power wgon goes up the road tomorrow. if i could move my gtx clone project i would be good to go!

picked up my bullitts last week. spent 175 for them, with tires. put the passengers side on tonight to see if i liked the tire size, and to make sure i like the wheels on the car.
used a 3/8 spacer front and rear for fit. fronts fit like a dream. rears will need to have a bigger spacer. im thinkng about a 1.25 or 1.5 inch spacer. what have you guys with a stock a-body BBP rear done to mak the spacing right?

also, anyone have a part number for longer studs for the 11.75 rotors?

what kind of lug nuts are you guys using? i mocked it up with the nuts from my steelies, but these definately arent right. needs a bigger seat.

let me know.
michael

picked up my bullitts last week. spent 175 for them, with tires. put the passengers side on tonight to see if i liked the tire size, and to make sure i like the wheels on the car.
used a 3/8 spacer front and rear for fit. fronts fit like a dream. rears will need to have a bigger spacer. im thinkng about a 1.25 or 1.5 inch spacer. what have you guys with a stock a-body BBP rear done to mak the spacing right?

also, anyone have a part number for longer studs for the 11.75 rotors?

what kind of lug nuts are you guys using? i mocked it up with the nuts from my steelies, but these definately arent right. needs a bigger seat.

let me know.
michael

i installed long studs front and rear on my car. i am using aluminum lugs right now that a buddy gave me,but i think they suck! i will go back to steel sooner or later. my rear is an A body 8 3/4 with moser shafts,i have a 10mm thick spacer on them. about the same thickness on the front.

i have a set of 1" billet adapters from when i had the a body rear in my car if you are interested. they are even hub centric mopr on the inside, ford on the outside. i got my rotors from advance auto for a cordoba. maybe 78?

wracks, i still dont see how you can fit those rims on an abody rear with the springs in the stock location and a 10 mm spacer.

wracks, i still dont see how you can fit those rims on an abody rear with the springs in the stock location and a 10 mm spacer.

unless someone put a wider rearend in before i got it,that's what it has!

-
Back