Anybody running 17" Cobra Bullit rims on a Duster

-
Okay, just gotta ask - with over 57K views and 515 replies, is this one of the most viewed topics on the site? I had no idea this many people would be interested in this subject when I started this thread. Wow!

I can't believe it's still alive also! classifies for epic thread status. I've even seen references to this thread from other sites (moparts).

Well thanks to you guys I just bought a pair, only thing is they are without tires. I was wondering what size tires is everyone running and what modifications do you have to make to run that size tire ( ie. b body rear end, mini tub, inboard leafsprings, fender roller, ect)?

what car, some a bodies have bigger wheel wells.
I'm running 245/45-17 with a B body rear and no other changes.
i'm on wifes puter so i'll post pics tommorow but my wheels are perfectly centered and i have at least an inch clearance inside and outside of rear tires.

what car, some a bodies have bigger wheel wells.
I'm running 245/45-17 with a B body rear and no other changes.
i'm on wifes puter so i'll post pics tommorow but my wheels are perfectly centered and i have at least an inch clearance inside and outside of rear tires.

1973 dart sport. front disks, rear drums. 8.25 a body rear end.

A 275/35/18 is way doable. These are 18x9s with 6.5" bs and plain ole 73+ 11.75 discs. A 1/4" spacer would work if needed but I plan to add 14" Mr Diff brakes and I believe they move you out 1/4" anyway so its cool.

that looks great. i wish i would have went with the 18's early on,but when i jumped in early on this thread nobody was running them . now i have a set of 17's for street and one for track,so i can't justify buying all over again. you need to bring that thing out to one of the American Streetcar Series runs. i am usually the only mopar other than when i go to jersey this year.

that looks great. i wish i would have went with the 18's early on,but when i jumped in early on this thread nobody was running them . now i have a set of 17's for street and one for track,so i can't justify buying all over again. you need to bring that thing out to one of the American Streetcar Series runs. i am usually the only mopar other than when i go to jersey this year.
Hey thanks I would love to go pound on it! Im in the middle of swapping in a 6spd and that has turned into pulling the engine for a road race pan and that has turned into dropping the K member for a weld or 2 as well lol!

Hey thanks I would love to go pound on it! Im in the middle of swapping in a 6spd and that has turned into pulling the engine for a road race pan and that has turned into dropping the K member for a weld or 2 as well lol!

i hear ya! i done a 5 spd. swap winter before last. damn!

I haven't measured so i could be wrong. I'm referencing the tires and wheels taken off of my car with an A body 8.75 rear and put on my friend's 69 Valiant with an A body 8.25 rear and it's VERY close to rubbing the springs. Same
.75" spacers too!
On my car there was more clearance.

I just read through the entire thread and am hopeful that the17x8 bullitts will fit on the front with Denny's K member. We'll see. In the meantime I thought I had posted the pics from under the rear of the car with the rims on, I had not. This is a stock A body length axle with the 17x10.5/ 315s. I should have cut the axle shorter but hindsite is 20/20.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000048.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 974
Even though I measured many times it was too close to run the tires. They actually rubbed the inner fender quite badly to the point I had to cut the entire inner fender out and rebuild it now I have 3/4" of room.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo147.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 910
  • Photo148.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 926
  • Photo149.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 924
I am looking to run the same wheels. My rear diff is built at 56 1/2" wide WMS to WMS on a Dart. I am thinking it will work.

Im thinking about new wheels and I cant decide! The only wheels I think look good on a duster besides the mustang style wheel are the Fr500s and CCW classics. Anyone know or have any picutues of some more modern style wheels on a duster that look really good? Dont want to spend 800 and not like them. Just need an idea because if I bought them, they would be after paint so I get a better idea if I really want them or keep my 15s :(

I think Showwheels Thrashstars look good. I just bought a set from Chris At Motech (a FABO advertiser). He was super helpful. I will post pictures when I get them on the Duster. Haven't seen any on a Duster yet. So it'd be different.
Eric

I think Showwheels Thrashstars look good. I just bought a set from Chris At Motech (a FABO advertiser). He was super helpful. I will post pictures when I get them on the Duster. Haven't seen any on a Duster yet. So it'd be different.
Eric

I will like to see those pictures when your done. What size/s did you get? What Tires are you going for?

Good thread. Was about to do this until I found these. Seem to be a bolt in and not need spacers.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-141-7865GM19/

Similar in look. I just can seem to find a set of used Bullitts cheap!

Anyone try 17x8 on the front of a 67-69 Dart? I'm concerned about tire clearance. If I go 17x8, I might go 215/50/17 on the front.

Im thinking about new wheels and I cant decide! The only wheels I think look good on a duster besides the mustang style wheel are the Fr500s and CCW classics. Anyone know or have any picutues of some more modern style wheels on a duster that look really good? Dont want to spend 800 and not like them. Just need an idea because if I bought them, they would be after paint so I get a better idea if I really want them or keep my 15s :(

You could look for a simple/modern 5spoke design like i did. These are 17x8 4.5BS american racing torq lites. I get a ton of compliments on them. Bad news: they're now discontinued. Good news: summit makes a similar design in that size. Paid $600 shipped. The summits should be cheaper

It needs spacers out back because of the dusters oem ill-fitting rear axle.(i have mine sitting in the garage, may test fit tomorrow)

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 814
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 793
You could look for a simple/modern 5spoke design like i did. These are 17x8 4.5BS american racing torq lites. I get a ton of compliments on them. Bad news: they're now discontinued. Good news: summit makes a similar design in that size. Paid $600 shipped. The summits should be cheaper

It needs spacers out back because of the dusters oem ill-fitting rear axle.(i have mine sitting in the garage, may test fit tomorrow)

What tire size are you using?? the fit looks great

-
Back