Anybody running a Super Victor on their SB

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Is anybody using a Super Victor intake on their small block?Stroked or not?I have an M1 intake now,would it be worth swapping to the Super Victor?Engine is a 410 small block.Thanks for any input.:read2:

Good question...I have one sitting in a box.....was going to use it on a 408 but as of now probably going to use a regular Victor.....

but maybe this coming summer we can do a back to back test with it...

Sitting in a box?Wanna sell it?I,ll give you my results.LOL.I have a feeling the M1 is not as good as the Victor or Super victor.

Nawh...not a this time...I gotta try it once....lol

actually it is out of the box and just sitting on the engine....

Well I guess I,m gonna have to sell off some stuff to get me one to try for myself.Let me know how it works out for ya.

If you have read Brian article in CC...the Super Victor made less HP/TQ on dyno then the Air Gap...

but everyone combo is a different...

On your combo it might pick up some.

I don't know how your heads work so it's a crap shoot.

This car with a 394", 3.79 crank, has a pair of Brians ede heads on it with a SV intake and solid cam 260/.586. Runs low 10.60's at 125, low 1.40 60's on 275/60 MT ET street radials.

DougsCuda.jpg

The car craft engine was not the best piece to utilize the SV. Even though it flowed better on the bench when attached to the head compared to the RPM, it was too large.

I want to try the SV with a dominator on it and will keep the M1 with 850DP incase it doesn,t pick up.

Well...maybe will we give it a shot.....

going to start on putting new engine in later this week

On your combo it might pick up some.

I don't know how your heads work so it's a crap shoot.

This car with a 394", 3.79 crank, has a pair of Brians ede heads on it with a SV intake and solid cam 260/.586. Runs low 10.60's at 125, low 1.40 60's on 275/60 MT ET street radials.

DougsCuda.jpg

The car craft engine was not the best piece to utilize the SV. Even though it flowed better on the bench when attached to the head compared to the RPM, it was too large.
thats a awesome shot!!! and streetable

i have a super victor on my 410'' stroker. i bought from Hughes with stage 2 port.

i asked Dave from Hughes, on the phone which is better for my stroker. hands down he said super victor over the air gap. he said both were fine manifolds but the sv was alittle stronger.

Scott, when I went over to the dark side I ran one on a 383(Chebbie stroker) roller motor with Vortec heads and a big Holley. That was a low 11 second car on street tires. Ran really good (for a chevrolet product). Only ever have a Strip Dominator intakes on mopar small blocks when it was time to get serious. From what I know the Super victor is the way to go, but you know a hell of a lot more then me, You running an electric pump on that beast yet? might need it to feed a Dominator,

Here's my 410 with a super victor and Quick fuel 1050. Im very pleased with the performance, and it took very little to get it running high 10's. with a little more attention it has a little more in it.

Attachments

• swinger 084.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 196
Scott, when I went over to the dark side I ran one on a 383(Chebbie stroker) roller motor with Vortec heads and a big Holley. That was a low 11 second car on street tires. Ran really good (for a chevrolet product). Only ever have a Strip Dominator intakes on mopar small blocks when it was time to get serious. From what I know the Super victor is the way to go, but you know a hell of a lot more then me, You running an electric pump on that beast yet? might need it to feed a Dominator,
Hey Wally,yes I,m going all electric now(Holley blue pump,elec waterpump,fans..)I can,t believe I got a 10.81@124 with stock 5/16 sender into 3/8 line with a manual pump,alt and manual fan.I can,t wait to see what she,ll run next season with upgrades.:toothy10:

Thanks for the info..

-
Back