Anybody use PG Classic?

-

keith9291

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a set of door handles and a passenger side mirror. I noticed PG Classic seems to have decent prices. Has anybody used them? Are there parts quality? Does anyone recommend another vendor?

I bought a set of front armrest bases from them and they were decent quality. Generally the old adage about "you get what you pay for" is pretty accurate. I`ve heard some of the repro handles don`t even have the same threads in them and you must use a metric stud and nut. You can always call them and see what they have to say .

Anybody you would suggest checking out for handles. I'd rather pay a little more if need be to get it correct the first time.

I got my door handles from The Paddock. I paid $199.95 for them (ouch!)
But they are super shiny and come with gaskets,studs, lock nuts.

I got my Remote Drivers side mirror from Firestone Collectibles for $195.00. It also is of great quality. Seller's ID on ebay is mopar9999.

I saw the door handles for $75 somewhere and thought wow that's cheap but like Longgone said you get what you pay for. And I'm sure that is correct.

So I am assuming that all vendors get there parts from different manufactures or manufacture them their selves?

Yeah you have to watch out , in some cases there`s a wide variety of repros and the price usually reflects the quality. In other cases for instance, there may be only one guy in a garage in Idaho making a particular part. As Mullinax said ,Firestone Collectibles is a dealer in good quality product and there are others. It pays to shop around.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I am going to do a bit more shopping around. Ill check out Firestone collectibles also.

I have purchased a set of door handles, a passenger side mirror and a set of 68 Dart hood inserts from them. They are all really nice. But they are made in China. I know for sure the 68 inserts are. They came to me still in the packaging from China. Jeff

Have bought several items from pg classics. Have been happy with everything but his a body 4 speed linkage. Handles are nice but you may have to switch out the mechanism depending on what style your car has but that is a very sinple 1 bolt task. The firestone colectible ones are baout the best price out there that I have found but have not personally seen them but I would guess they are about the same quality (how many places can there really be that are making these) If you get the pair from firestone I would love to hear some feedback about them.

I have purchased a set of door handles, a passenger side mirror and a set of 68 Dart hood inserts from them. They are all really nice. But they are made in China. I know for sure the 68 inserts are. They came to me still in the packaging from China. Jeff

How nice are the hood inserts? I was thinking about buying a set for my 69 dart? Another little tidbit of info. There is a guy on ebay that goes by the name of vansautosalavage & word is he's going to be coming out with 69 & possibly 68 dart grilles & headlight bezels before too long. My source was telling me cars have been shipped overseas to have parts fitted.

I bought front parking lenses for my 69 Barracuda from PGClassic. They look just like the originals in fit & finish. They were a good purchase.

HOWEVER......

I also purchased the tailight lenses from them. The add said "bezel included". I only received the red plastic lenses. If you look on the website there is a bezel on the inside portion of both lenses. http://www.pgclassic.com/

I have called them twice about the issue. The first response was, it was a misprint. I'm awaiting another call to see if the bezel is available. I'm kinda pissed right now. I'll let you know if it gets resolved.

I purchased the 70-71 Demon unpainted rally mirror set ($405 with postage :shock:) from pgclassic via eBay.
They took a very long while to get here from Canada. When I got them I fully expected them to either be disassembled or be easily taken apart, since I was going to have to paint them. Well they were fully assembled and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them apart without damaging them.

I wrote to pgclassic and I tried calling them too. Both avenues netted me no result. I should have known better that this vendor was going to be a poor communicator though. Before I made the purchase using BIN I wrote to them to ask why part of the hardware was missing from the kit (the threaded bolt that's about 2.5" long that holds the mirror to the door is not included in the kit). I wrote them several times and each of the replies I received were very curt and very rude.

My opinion is that this vendor is one of those "I got it and you want it so I can treat you like **** if I want to" kind of vendors. :thebirdm:

So does anyone out there know how to disassemble these mirrors so that they can be painted?....dartlover :)

Okay. I finally got my response. You only get the red tailight lenses for a 69 Barracuda, not the small bezel shown in the picture. that little bezel is 75$ a pair extra.

The add said "bezel included". I only received the red plastic lenses. If you look on the website there is a bezel on the inside portion of both lenses. http://www.pgclassic.com/

So...don't go by pictures. You NEED to call to see exactly what you're getting. I found out the hard way.

-
Back