Anybody want to help on a school project?

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
I'm taking an Intro to Statistics course, and our capstone project for the end of the semester requires us to conduct a survey. My group is doing a short survey on Global Warming. I was wondering if any of you would help me out and take the survey. It is only six questions long, and you can put your responses here in the forum. To any that help me out I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

• How much have you thought about global warming before today? (1) Never (2) Briefly (3) A lot
  • From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to (1) the effects of pollution from human activities or (2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities?
  • Thinking about what is said in the news, in your view is the seriousness of global warming (1) generally exaggerated, (2) generally correct, or (3) generally underestimated?
  • Do you think that global warming should be a (1) low, (2) medium, or (3) high, priority for the President and Congress?
  • How much do you think global warming will harm future generations of people? (1) Not at all (2) Only a little (3) A moderate amount (4) A great deal
  • Do you think that the future condition of the environment will be (1) better, (2) worse, or (3) about the same ?
Once again, thank you!

Ok. Here you go.

I'm taking an Intro to Statistics course, and our capstone project for the end of the semester requires us to conduct a survey. My group is doing a short survey on Global Warming. I was wondering if any of you would help me out and take the survey. It is only six questions long, and you can put your responses here in the forum. To any that help me out I greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

• How much have you thought about global warming before today? (1) Never (2) Briefly (3) A lot
  • Briefly.

• From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to(1) the effects of pollution from human activities or (2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities?
  • Number 2.
  • Thinking about what is said in the news, in your view is the seriousness of global warming (1) generally exaggerated, (2) generally correct, or (3) generally underestimated?
  • Number 1. Big time.
  • Do you think that global warming should be a (1) low, (2) medium, or (3) high, priority for the President and Congress?
  • Number 1. It should be on the rear most burner with the burner turned OFF.
  • How much do you think global warming will harm future generations of people? (1) Not at all (2) Only a little (3) A moderate amount (4) A great deal
  • Number 1. Did you have to ask?
  • Do you think that the future condition of the environment will be (1) better, (2) worse, or (3) about the same ?
  • Number 3. We caint effect this rock.
Once again, thank you!

2. Briefly
2. Natural changes not due to humans
(1) generally exaggerated
(1) low
(1) Not at all
(3) about the same,,,yup we are just along for the ride..

should be another question about political agenda and global warming...lol

I will be back to take this survey... just wanted you to know 65LoveAffair :glasses7:

briefly
natural changes
generally exaggerated --- used for scare tactics to sell something
low
not at all
worse-- last question was not specific -- the human waste /contaminating our water supply is my reasoning for this

good luck with your class ,
Lawrence

• Briefly
  • From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to(1) the effects of pollution from human activities or (2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities?
  • Natural Changes
  • Greatly Exaggerated
  • Lower than low
  • Not at all
  • About the same... Or whatever way mother nature wants it...
Once again, thank you!

How much have you thought about global warming before today? (1) Never (2) Briefly (3) A lot

From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to(1) the effects of pollution from human activities or (2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities?
my real answer would be a little of both..

Thinking about what is said in the news, in your view is the seriousness of global warming (1) generally exaggerated, (2) generally correct, or (3) generally underestimated?

Do you think that global warming should be a (1) low, (2) medium, or (3) high, priority for the President and Congress?

How much do you think global warming will harm future generations of people? (1) Not at all (2) Only a little (3) A moderate amount (4) A great deal

Do you think that the future condition of the environment will be (1) better, (2) worse, or (3) about the same ?

Once again, thank you!

I personally don't buy into the Global Warming hype. It has been used, IMO, to make money and to exert control over certain aspects of our society.

The earths climate has changed cyclically for all of time.

Here ya go....

• How much have you thought about global warming before today? (1) Never (2) Briefly (3) A lot.
  • 2 - Briefly.
  • 2 - natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities.
  • 1 - Generally Exaggerated
  • 1 - Low
  • 1 - Not at all.
  • 3 - About the same

...and you're welcome.

Here you go

How much have you thought about global warming before today? (1) Never (2) Briefly (3) A lot
From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to(1) the effects of pollution from human activities or (2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities?

Thinking about what is said in the news, in your view is the seriousness of global warming (1) generally exaggerated, (2) generally correct, or (3) generally underestimated?

Do you think that global warming should be a (1) low, (2) medium, or (3) high, priority for the President and Congress?

How much do you think global warming will harm future generations of people? (1) Not at all (2) Only a little (3) A moderate amount (4) A great deal

Do you think that the future condition of the environment will be (1) better, (2) worse, or (3) about the same ?

(2) Briefly.
(2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities.
(1) generally exaggerated.
(2) medium.
(2) Only a little.
(3) about the same.

#3 tough to make an informed decision unless you know the facts.

#1 generally exaggerated (mostly lies)

As you can tell, i wouldn't be Al Gore's best friend. LOL

Jack

As Captain Kirk would do, it's time to change the rules of the game. You have asked the wrong questions, or to put it another way, you have not asked ALL the questions. You have asked ONLY questions which will SKEW your poll in such a way that will SHADE the poll in a biased manner. This is a poor way to start your young life, as it continues the useless polls we've had for that last 100 years, regardless of which side of the political fence you are on. That is, the pollsters are always biased, and always set polls up to reflect that bias.

Your very first question for example, sets bias in the mind of the reader because it leaves no room for thinking that there might not BE any. Gobal warming, that is.

"How much have you thought about global warming before today?"

What if I believe there IS NO global warming, or that "global change" is part of a normal global or even a regional or just cyclic change?"

Your second question.........

"
From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to................."

suggests that the second question is in fact CORRECT in fact. What if this question is in fact INCORRECT? Do YOU know that this is in fact correct, that in fact the earth has in fact warmed over the last century? Hey, I'm just askin, here.............?

I could go on, point by point, but I see no need to. Each one of these questions is obviously slanted in such a way as to suggest that "a murder has been committed" so to speak, as if "the deceased is lying in the living room floor"

Now I am not saying that "the deceased" "is" or "is not" "lying" "on the living room floor" so to speak, what I am saying is, that your questions are all crafted in a manner BIASED manner to SUGGEST or to STATE that this is so.

Maybe there IS a permanent change taking place

MAYBE there is a CYCLIC change taking place.

Remember, if you will, the earth went through what is known as the ice age, would you not agree that this could be called a cyclic change? Would you have called this "global cooling?" Would you have blamed this on man? No? I didn't think so.

Again, I'm not saying whether these present changes are good are bad.

I'm not saying we should blunder blindly away digging and burning coal and fossils

I think my house should be covered in solar panels, unfortunately I cannot afford to buy them.

But I'm not quite ready beam me up Scotty, either

All I am sure of is that

1) my ski season is now february to april

2) my dirtbiking season is from late July till early november ( interrupted by forest huge fires )

3) my brother back in MN is upto here with 12" April snow storms ! And he likes snow !

4) i am tired of my tax dollars going to help people to stupid to move after the 3rd rebuild of there flooded or wave ravaged home.. (Many of which are extremely wealthy )...

Cant say if it is man made or natural cycle of the earth....but would hate to find out they were right !

As Captain Kirk would do, it's time to change the rules of the game. You have asked the wrong questions, or to put it another way, you have not asked ALL the questions. You have asked ONLY questions which will SKEW your poll in such a way that will SHADE the poll in a biased manner. This is a poor way to start your young life, as it continues the useless polls we've had for that last 100 years, regardless of which side of the political fence you are on. That is, the pollsters are always biased, and always set polls up to reflect that bias.

Your very first question for example, sets bias in the mind of the reader because it leaves no room for thinking that there might not BE any. Gobal warming, that is.

"How much have you thought about global warming before today?"

What if I believe there IS NO global warming, or that "global change" is part of a normal global or even a regional or just cyclic change?"

Your second question.........

"From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to................."

suggests that the second question is in fact CORRECT in fact. What if this question is in fact INCORRECT? Do YOU know that this is in fact correct, that in fact the earth has in fact warmed over the last century? Hey, I'm just askin, here.............?

I could go on, point by point, but I see no need to. Each one of these questions is obviously slanted in such a way as to suggest that "a murder has been committed" so to speak, as if "the deceased is lying in the living room floor"

Now I am not saying that "the deceased" "is" or "is not" "lying" "on the living room floor" so to speak, what I am saying is, that your questions are all crafted in a manner BIASED manner to SUGGEST or to STATE that this is so.

Maybe there IS a permanent change taking place

MAYBE there is a CYCLIC change taking place.

Remember, if you will, the earth went through what is known as the ice age, would you not agree that this could be called a cyclic change? Would you have called this "global cooling?" Would you have blamed this on man? No? I didn't think so.

Again, I'm not saying whether these present changes are good are bad.

I'm not saying we should blunder blindly away digging and burning coal and fossils

I think my house should be covered in solar panels, unfortunately I cannot afford to buy them.

But I'm not quite ready beam me up Scotty, either

Speaking of the devil himself what's capt been up to

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

My answers in Red

• How much have you thought about global warming before today? (1) Never (2) Briefly (3) A lot 1
  • From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to(1) the effects of pollution from human activities or (2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities? 2
  • Thinking about what is said in the news, in your view is the seriousness of global warming (1) generally exaggerated, (2) generally correct, or (3) generally underestimated? 1
  • Do you think that global warming should be a (1) low, (2) medium, or (3) high, priority for the President and Congress? 1
  • How much do you think global warming will harm future generations of people? (1) Not at all (2) Only a little (3) A moderate amount (4) A great deal 1
  • Do you think that the future condition of the environment will be (1) better, (2) worse, or (3) about the same ? 3
Once again, thank you!

Sorry just my opinion but I believe global warming is just a natural earth cycle. Hence the ice age and then the warming, and repeat. Everything has a cycle, but people have to blame natural things on something so they come up with this so called global warming.

I'll help with your survey,

Quest#1 = ans.#3, a lot
Quest#2 = ans.#1, the effects of pollution from human activities
Quest#3 = ans.#2, generally correct
Quest#4 = ans.#3, high, priority for the president and congress
Quest#5 = ans.#4, a great deal
Quest#6 = ans.#2, worse

Good luck, and you're welcome.
Paul

my real answer would be a little of both..

Pretty much what he said

Look at history, with time change happens, it is a natural progression. There were creatures that are no longer here, but happened way before we got here. We are loosing some animals now do to change, is it natural? I think so

Look at weather history records, many are close to 100 years old in some cases, dust bowl of the 30s

Just BS put out by our government or tree lovers that don't believe it is natural

• How much have you thought about global warming before today? (3) A lot
  • From what you have heard or read, do you believe increases in the Earth's temperature over the last century are due more to (2) natural changes in the environment that are not due to human activities.
  • Thinking about what is said in the news, in your view is the seriousness of global warming (1) generally exaggerated
  • Do you think that global warming should be a (added option) non priority.
  • How much do you think global warming will harm future generations of people? (1) Not at all

• Do you think that the future condition of the environment will be (added option) better in some ways worse in others, change is inevitable. There is no evidence of "warming" for the last 17 years, however the climate has never nor will it ever be static. If you subscribe to the "old Earth" theory, the Earth has been through several ice ages and several "global warmings". There are remains of tropical plants and animals living near both poles. I do not think "we" caused it then. There are over 3100 tenured scientists who do not believe "global warming" is real or caused by man.
This is what I believe from my research on the subject.

Just BS put out by our government or tree lovers that don't believe it is natural[/QUOTE]

X2

And who want to supersede our God given rights. (Yes we need to take care of our environment but not make a god of it and the politicians and environmentalist nut jobs its priests!)

-
Back