Anyone else sick of all the ads popping up all over this site lately?

-
Here's an odd 1

1665931963491.png

:rofl:

Sorry to say the site was much better before the update. It also seems there are less new posts since the update. Coincidence?

... and for just a small donation of $50 per year you can help a poor Mopar addict out of this mental dilemma by gifting them a Gold membership... :poke:

Explain to me an illiterate old man individual, when it comes to this computer and internet world, what expense(s) are there to be paid to operate, run, a web site?

Software, hosting, servers have to be bought and upgraded, people that help with coding have to be paid, not to mention I have to make a living.

Just to give you an idea, the last server I bought cost $7,000 and I bought 2 of them. That's just to buy the servers, I still have to have them in a datacenter which costs me every month as well. I also have to pay for the software to run the servers, security software, etc. (those I have to pay monthly) There is a lot, especially when you have sites like this.

The ebay adds at the top AND the bottom, only want to make me boycott ebay.
Why can`t they be over to the side like the rest of them?
Similar thread crap needs to go also...

Their is nothing similar about the threads concerning this thread, massive waste of space, that`s what the search function is for...
Your site, your prerogative

Ah, well. Its at the bottom of the page, so it doesnt waste anything. And in many other threads it can be helpful. For example - 727 flex plate?

I only use my phone to access the site. The only ad I see is at the very bottom, which I never go there.

Odd that different people seem to have different views. Just different platforms, apple vs. android or phone vs. Cpu?

Software, hosting, servers have to be bought and upgraded, people that help with coding have to be paid, not to mention I have to make a living.

Just to give you an idea, the last server I bought cost $7,000 and I bought 2 of them. That's just to buy the servers, I still have to have them in a datacenter which costs me every month as well. I also have to pay for the software to run the servers, security software, etc. (those I have to pay monthly) There is a lot, especially when you have sites like this.
You make a living having a web site?
How in the world does that work?
You don't hafta get up in the morning to commute to a job, to drive the bus, or work in a factory, if there's such a thing in America anymore.
How much is being charged to these companies that advertise on these web sites?
And i'm paying you 50 bucks to support the site, and not getting what i signed up for, in NOT to get, see.
Now at the bottom of the page i get another ad.
One on the left side of the page, then another one immediately on the right side of the page.
Then how about adjusting my subscription fee accordingly, to a lower price, since i'm also one of the membership that isn't getting what one paid for, signed up, for.
Not to get you pissed off with me or anything, but i guess i don't understand how someone like me that grew up in the 50's and 60's understands how one can sit back, in the chair, get on the internet, charge entities to run an ad on a web site, and profit off the darn deal.
I had to learn how to be a machinist in my younger days, go to work in a factory, then do 7 years in the Air Force.
Ok, my rant is over.
Jim V.
hemi71x

I have not noticed any more ads using my IPad. Evil Mother Microsoft has her fingers in everything now. So if you are on a windows pc, it could be browser related.

No Ads for me whatsoever.

Gold Membership
50.00 yr. Membership, is a good value for all the good we get out of this site.

Firefox web browsers on my android phone and desktop computers.

Believe you will get more adds with chrome web browsers, (and Edge Microsoft browser) and they like to track your every move to try to sell you back on stuff.

No tracking settings in your web browsers, no way for for them to throw adds at you for things you have looked at.

the ads are in flux right now. I havent adjusted them all the way yet. It takes a little time for things to settle down after redoing everything. please just be a little patient.
Joey - Knowing that you are still working on it makes me (and I suspect many others) feel better! You have shown us in the past that you are willing and able to address issues as they are pointed out. So we'll keep pointing things out to you and you, as the site owner, still get to decide what formats and how you want the site to run. We'll hope it aligns to how we access and use the site.

I personally think it's one of the best sites out there and enjoy all the info and pics people share. And I know I speak for many when I say that. But like them, I just don't like when things seem to degrade or be taken away. The knowledge base of experience on here is just phenomenal and people are willing to share it. Yes, I get tired of the bickering and belittling of others and "my way is better than yours" but at least I get to hear differing opinions and experiences. As I was building my avatar car (and it's never done!), I reviewed hundreds of posts to learn and see what others had done, both for cars more and less performance-oriented than mine. I am 100% certain it would not have come nearly as close to meeting my expectations had I not learned from those on here. And I learn something new almost every day too if people will post it. Need a p/n or part for the rear trim molding on a 62 toad car? Go to FABO and someone will know - that's just unreal to me!! And we DO have some of the best emoji's out there to boot!!

So I'll continue to reading, watching, and trying to contribute and constructively pointing out things I believe you can improve upon.

explain to me why please.... What exactly about them bothers you?
The thing about the Similar Threads that bothers me is I have to scroll to the bottom to get to the next/prev page or the end/first page (Android phone, 98% of my use). That used to be simple fling the screen up and it hit the bottom and there were the buttons. Not anymore, now fling to the bottom then carefully scroll back up to get to the buttons. Not ideal. And we lost these same buttons at the top of the screen as others have pointed out. Oh, I know you can turn the phone sideways but that isn't happening as you lose too much else when you do that. It's just not natural. And I still don't see a good way to get to somewhere in the middle of a 100 or 400 page thread.

Lastly, I don't really think the Similar Threads are that useful. I could do without them. You must have put them there for some reason but I have not yet found it. Personal opinion!

Lastly, I don't really think the Similar Threads are that useful. I could do without them. You must have put them there for some reason but I have not yet found it. Personal opinion!

actually they are part of the updated software by default.

And we lost these same buttons at the top of the screen as others have pointed out.
We didnt lose them. They are there, however. (this is a little complicated) because some people were complaining that the text size is smaller I had to adjust the text size of posts up, which also affected the page number selection. Consequently, on phones those page numbers are too big to fit unless you turn your phone sideways. Its something I am working on, by the guy that does the style for me has been on vacation. This is what I meant earlier when I said things are not always as simple as they seem.

Joey - Knowing that you are still working on it makes me (and I suspect many others) feel better! You have shown us in the past that you are willing and able to address issues as they are pointed out. So we'll keep pointing things out to you and you, as the site owner, still get to decide what formats and how you want the site to run. We'll hope it aligns to how we access and use the site.

Thank you for that. I try and it isn't always easy believe me.

I removed them for now, until I figure out what to do with them

No Ads for me whatsoever.

Gold Membership
50.00 yr. Membership, is a good value for all the good we get out of this site.

Firefox web browsers on my android phone and desktop computers.

Believe you will get more adds with chrome web browsers, (and Edge Microsoft browser) and they like to track your every move to try to sell you back on stuff.

No tracking settings in your web browsers, no way for for them to throw adds at you for things you have looked at.
George jetson:
Well, good for you.
No ads what so ever.
You being gold membership also.
Then tell me why, me being "gold" also that i paid the 50 bucks for, is getting ads?
Something's fishy, and not right?

"CONSIDERALLY FEWER ADS" is how you now get to explain it, but you will still get ads.
Choice, select, wording to get around the issue.
Sounds like Perry Mason writing that statement in a legalese way in the wording in that sentence.
Then tell me why others are stating that they DON'T get any ads at all, and i get them also being a "GOLD" membership.
Can you explain that one to me?

Last edited:
RRR
Explain to me an illiterate old man individual, when it comes to this computer and internet world, what expense(s) are there to be paid to operate, run, a web site?
I dunno..
Can anyone explain the $$$$$ what expense there is, that someone like me can understand.
I paid the 50 bucks a year to have this "gold membership" and why do i have ads at the bottom of the page.
Guess it's a sneaky way, to gets ads onto the page.
Feeling that i got ripped off, paying the 50 bucks, from the get go, and got lied to.
I was gold on the B bodies site too, but dropped that at the end of a years time, as i just can't pay for that anymore, due to the economic situation that ones put into these days.
Jim, I cannot answer that, as I don't run web sites for a living. But Joey does. Maybe he can enlighten us. I do know there are costs involved and Joey runs a LOT of different web sites, not just this one.

-
Back