Anyone else sick of all the ads popping up all over this site lately?

-
because they dont scroll to the absolute bottom of the page looking for a reason to complain.
So then, they ARE getting ads, but they don't get to the very bottom of the page?
I scroll down, to sometimes click onto another site to wander around on, when i have some idle time to kill.
So, if your thinking I'm complaining, so be it.
I just wan't to figure out what the hell i paid 50 bucks for, and if i wan't to again, when it comes due.

So then, they ARE getting ads, but they don't get to the very bottom of the page?
I scroll down, to sometimes click onto another site to wander around on, when i have some idle time to kill.
I just wan't to figure out what the hell i paid 50 bucks for, and if i wan't to again, when it comes due.
The way I see it, sellers should have to pay the 50 bucks to the site for the right to sell parts.
and yes, the site is a little messed up right now, but I can't ***** about a free site.

If you are doing some extended reading on your PC, and want to tone down the flashing/flipping annoying ads to your right. Pull up your calculator, size it and cover the ads. :)

BS1.jpg

The way I see it, sellers should have to pay the 50 bucks to the site for the right to sell parts.
and yes, the site is a little messed up right now, but I can't ***** about a free site.
Ya, you know, i could live with that, but with the no ads stipulation.

May i politely ask, if you sell parts?

Last edited:
it, sellers should have to pay the 50 bucks to the site for the right to sell

Or...Joey could charge a percentage of the sale price like other sites do.

I get way more than $50 of technical information a year, and if I want to sell something, I have a large audience to market to without paying additional fees.

By the way, my "Gold" expired a few days ago, but I'll be renewing on payday this Friday.

I've considered things like that when they were suggested before. The problem with that is it would likely limit the amount of items that would be listed for sale and we need access to those parts.

George jetson:
Well, good for you.
No ads what so ever.
You being gold membership also.
Then tell me why, me being "gold" also that i paid the 50 bucks for, is getting ads?
Something's fishy, and not right?
What type of phone are you using?

Do you have your phone updated with the latest software to run it.
(for starters)

What browser are you running? Can get Firefox from Google Play Store free, and set Chrome aside on the Android phones.

Have you cleaned Your Cookies and Browsing History. Leaving those unchecked will bring in unwanted things to your phone as they try to re-establish contact with you from visiting their web sites . . and try to sell you something.

Can also try freeing up some space on your phone, deleting Pictures etc.

I just put a new 8GB SD card in my phone and moved 2 gb of pictures over to it from the internal storage on the phone. Yes it does work better now and faster, less stuff your phone has to sort through to accomplish the tasks you ask of it.

Lean and mean machines, get rid of the parasite draws that slow down and confuse its operation.

What type What type of phone are you using?
Do you have your phone updated with the latest software to run it.
(for starters)

What browser are you running? Can get Firefox from Google Play Store free, and set Chrome aside on the Android phones.

Have you cleaned Your Cookies and Browsing History. Leaving those unchecked will bring in unwanted things to your phone as they try to re-establish contact with you from visiting their web sites . . and try to sell you something.

Can also try freeing up some space on your phone, deleting Pictures etc.

I just put a new 8GB SD card in my phone and moved 2 gb of pictures over to it from the internal storage on the phone. Yes it does work better now and faster, less stuff your phone has to sort through to accomplish the tasks you ask of it.

Lean and mean machines, get rid of the parasite draws that slow down and confuse its operation.
FYI
I Don't do anything with a phone, except for using it to make outgoing phone calls, and getting incoming phone calls.
And if callers are savvy enough to leave me a voice mail message, that's it.
I gave up a "land line" phone not that long age to get one of these damm cell phones.
I use a desktop, and a laptop, computer that the ads come thru on, even though i pay for Gold.
Guess that's the way it's gonna be according to the owner of the site.
He has "Gold" membership wording, "Getting Fewer Ads" with membership, so your still gonna get em.
Expertly worded like Perry Mason, the lawyer, would write down on the contract, before signing.
Just wish all this ad S*#T would stop, even after thinking I'm paying for it to go away.

Last edited:
FYI
I Don't do anything with a phone, except for using it to make outgoing phone calls, and getting incoming phone calls.
I gave up a "land line" phone not that long age to get one of these damm cell phones.
I use a desktop, and a laptop, computer that i the ads come thru on, even though i pay for Gold.
He has "Gold" membership wording, "Getting Fewer Ads" with membership, so your still gonna get em.
Expertly worded like Perry Mason, the lawyer, would write down on the contract, before signing.
Just wish all this ad S*#T would stop, even after thinking I'm paying for it to go away.

Try changing to a different browser on your desktop. I use firefox on my desktop computers, it's a free download from Mozilla.org. Chooce for Desktops.

FYI
I use a desktop, and a laptop, computer that the ads come thru on, even though i pay for Gold.

Running Windows 10 with FireFox web browser here on My Dell Laptop, no adds top or bottom, with Gold Membership. If you are running Microsoft Edge Browser on windows 10 that is a big big problem.

Here is a screeshot of Firefox running on Windows 10 . . No Adds

1665971768787.png

Same with Windows 7 operating system on Desktops and Laptops, running Firefox Browsers, No Adds.
Gold Membership of course.

Same with Linux operating systems on Desktops and Laptops, running Firefox Web Browsers, No Adds.

One of your computer service friends can help you if you need, it's an easy task for them.

Last edited:
OK Windows 7 is a good operating system, clean the cookies and temp files. I am sure you are running something like microsoft Internet Explorer (11) web browser. Switch over to Firefox Web Browser for Windows 7.

Mozilla.org
My computer guru has told me numerous times in the past, not to do anything, download anything, change anything, on your computer without talking to him.
Because in the past when this computer illiterate does something, did something, on the computer for some reason or other, i F something up.
So i gotta get with him in regards to all this "browser" thing that's being talked about.

But i have a hard time trying to figure out this ad BS with them already on the page, when reading that page.
The ads don't "pop up" they are already there at the bottom of the A Bodies site, and all over the page on the B bodies site, as I'm not gold any longer, over there.

The Ad BS is caused by your Microsoft Web browser.

You are putting the cart before the horse. You can't expect to get rid of the Ads before you switch out your browser.

Your computer guy can probably remote access into your computer and take care of it for you.

I have ads at the very bottom....but before you started asking about ads, I have to admit, I didn't know it, because I never scroll down that far. I surf on my laptop only so it has a much bigger screen than a phone. But yes, I'm a gold member and I have ads too. But being at the very bottom, it's no big deal.

I have ads at the very bottom....but before you started asking about ads, I have to admit, I didn't know it, because I never scroll down that far. I surf on my laptop only so it has a much bigger screen than a phone. But yes, I'm a gold member and I have ads too. But being at the very bottom, it's no big deal.

that was the idea.. :)

that was the idea.. :)
I kinda figgered. I like the new format. It has some features the other did not. It's always a ***** saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new. .....oops wait. I sure was glad to see my ex ride off.....and Kitty's a serious upgrade so maybe not always. But all in all I like the new format. I've been very blessed to be gold member gifted by others in the past and when it runs out, I'll do it myself if need be. These "for only" sites are the best on the net. My only suggestion might be to make the gold membership across the board for the rest of the sites if you pay on this one and join another, you're automatically a gold member. But I don't know how complex that might be software wise or more importantly, whether it be financially possible for Joey to do. It's just a thought though. That might be something to attract more gold members. Give um a little more for their money. Or maybe not all the sites, but maybe two of their choosing. I mean, let's face it. I can see titties right here at home for free or on the internet free using any search engine, so the blue room really isn't much of a gold member perk. And the news and politics forum? That's hardly a perk, so about the only thing gold members really get is the lack of ads. It sounds like those who surf on their phones don't really get as much salvation as those of us who surf on laptops or PCs. Just a few observations.

not possible. I tried.
Yeah, but it can be done manually, I am sure. But that's totally up to you as to whether it's "affordable". 50 bucks a year now is another tank of gas or six more bags of groceries. I can get a NICE custom tee shirt made and delivered online for WAY less than 50 bucks. What I'm saying is the "perks" you get for gold membership really aren't perks, because I can find titties and talk about politics pretty much everywhere on the internet for free. And it sounds like some people still get ads that are gold members, so they're really gettin the shaft. IMO, I think you need to rethink some "perks".

Yeah, but it can be done manually, I am sure. But that's totally up to you as to whether it's "affordable". 50 bucks a year now is another tank of gas or six more bags of groceries. I can get a NICE custom tee shirt made and delivered online for WAY less than 50 bucks. What I'm saying is the "perks" you get for gold membership really aren't perks, because I can find titties and talk about politics pretty much everywhere on the internet for free. And it sounds like some people still get ads that are gold members, so they're really gettin the shaft. IMO, I think you need to rethink some "perks".

Frankly, I dont know what other perks I can give.

I don’t mind ads, i’ve never seen pop-ups. Add support the site, most of the vendors I bought from.

If there's anyone that's not getting 50 bucks worth of value/information out of this place... then you're not trying hard enough...

If there's anyone that's not getting 50 bucks worth of value/information out of this place... then you're not trying hard enough...
:thumbsup: agree, I just renewed my gold membership today. I don't look at it as a perk.
I look at it as a donation for the owner's hard work and keeping a great site going.

I didn't really give a second thought to the "perks". My gold member status was strictly to support the site. Its been invaluable to me.

People pay for T.V., did they call direct TV and demand the commercials stop? Ever watch a YouTube video, they all seem to start with ads now.

Here it could not be less intrusive being at the bottom of the screen.

-
Back