Anyone else sick of all the ads popping up all over this site lately?

-

Interesting. I was stunned to say the least. No one searched anything, no internet connection at his place. We were talikng gun parts, and some by brand name. I get home and those same part ads came up, by brand, lol.
Scary isn't it. Like Alexa listening in.

I just have ads at the bottom.
I like the new site and updates but am partial since same thing we use where I am a Moderate, Staff at a,Gun Website. So 100 percent used to how it is.

Interesting. I was stunned to say the least. No one searched anything, no internet connection at his place. We were talikng gun parts, and some by brand name. I get home and those same part ads came up, by brand, lol.
And yet my Scottish cousin cannot even get a Jammy Dodger and a pint of McEwan's Lager when he specifically asks for it....

:lol:

The world has become a smaller place, and there is nowhere you can hide....not even remotest parts of Alaska these days.
Might be a film crew around the corner.

I know I see it a lot, and I don't really care for it, lol. Especially when you start seeing ads based on a physical conversation you had with someone.

There was a half dozen of us sitting around at a buddy's place one afternoon shooting the breeze. A few hours later after I got home I started getting ads on my phone and on my PC for things that we spoke about. No one did a search of any kind while we were there, we did all have our phones laying on the table though. After checking with a couple of the others, they were getting the same ads on their stuff.
Yeah that's too freaky.

Wow, when i gave up my old land line phone, for a cheap, bottom of the barrel, Consumer Cellular cell phone, all that i ever used it for is to get incoming phone calls, and make outgoing phone calls.
Have no idea at all about these airplane modes, and other things the phone can do for me.
I'm really technically challenged in my old age, with this modern technology.
I'll never figure it all out, and who knows how many more years that i have to live anyway.

Interesting. I was stunned to say the least. No one searched anything, no internet connection at his place. We were talking gun parts, and some by brand name. I get home and those same part ads came up, by brand, lol.
Must be an iPhone. I've never seen that with my Android. Wife has an iPhone and happens all the time even though all settings are turned off.

Don't say anything into or around your phone that you would not shout across a room of 100 people.

Rule of thumb to live by. ^^^

I farted. Maybe that'll push it on over the edge.

Half page ads in the middle of every forum page, constant popups at the bottom, google ads, adchoices.
There's so much crap going on with all the ads I can hardly stand to try to read anything here anymore.
Yep and it’s why I’m not going back gold. Fix the site, then I’ll go back gold.

"CONSIDERALLY FEWER ADS" is how you now get to explain it, but you will still get ads.
Choice, select, wording to get around the issue.
Sounds like Perry Mason writing that statement in a legalese way in the wording in that sentence.
Then tell me why others are stating that they DON'T get any ads at all, and i get them also being a "GOLD" membership.
Can you explain that one to me?
The one I’m fighting on my mobile device is the adds that keep popping up over the text box and submit buttons.when they pop up, I have to reload the page, re-type what I want to post. Annoying .

I use DuckDuckGo. I have not had any of these ad issues.

The one I’m fighting on my mobile device is the adds that keep popping up over the text box and submit buttons.when they pop up, I have to reload the page, re-type what I want to post. Annoying .
You either need a ad blocker or a Gold membership

Yep and it’s why I’m not going back gold. Fix the site, then I’ll go back gold.
I dont see ads. Never have. I went gold when I joined. I think the site fixes itself with the midas touch. Its cheap, even for a broke azz like me. Just sayin, waiting for the site to be fixed might be a chicken or an egg thing.

-
Back