Anyone else sick of all the ads popping up all over this site lately?

-
If there's anyone that's not getting 50 bucks worth of value/information out of this place... then you're not trying hard enough...
I agree with this statement 100%, and I have said many times that I learned more on this site then I could have ever imagined.

I will point out however that I never learned **** from the site itself or the software or the forum staff or the Ads. I learned everything from the knowledge and experience of the MEMBERS who took the time to post and share their valuable information.

Whatever the motivation for these recent changes, I don't consider anything that further inconveniences or frustrates the contributing members (the actual value of all of this) to be any kind of an improvement. Period.

Just my thoughts.

I didn't really give a second thought to the "perks". My gold member status was strictly to support the site. Its been invaluable to me.

People pay for T.V., did they call direct TV and demand the commercials stop? Ever watch a YouTube video, they all seem to start with ads now.

Here it could not be less intrusive being at the bottom of the screen.
I feel the same way, but obviously others feel they're bein shorted somehow.

I agree with this statement 100%, and I have said many times that I learned more on this site then I could have ever imagined.

I will point out however that I never learned **** from the site itself or the software or the forum staff or the Ads. I learned everything from the knowledge and experience of the MEMBERS who took the time to post and share their valuable information.

Whatever the motivation for these recent changes, I don't consider anything that further inconveniences or frustrates the contributing members (the actual value of all of this) to be any kind of an improvement. Period.

Just my thoughts.
You make a good point.

Back when I first joined back in 2010, I became a gold member just because of all the info I gained as a lurker, fast forward to 2020 because of circumstances beyond my control and a computer melt down I had to rejoin and am no longer able to pay for gold membership but I want to thank Joey for the site and all the members who I have learned from, you can't put a price on that. Thanks. Buy the way the upgrades are fine as far as I'm concerned.

Here is my one ad. Can you guess what the internet snooped in and learned about me?

As I said, one ad. On my computer. Google Chrome browser.

And I had to scroll down into no mans land to find it!

Apple iPhone on Safari…..zero ads with phone held vertically or horizontally.

1665967293563.png

Right now, viewing this site, a little bit has changed while scrolling down to the very bottom of the page.
OTHER SITES TO VISIT has now changed to smaller print, and on the very left side of the page.
And there's only ONE ad.
Dunno.
But, that's an improvement, right now, at my end.
Guess i can live with that, if it stays the same.

Right now, viewing this site, a little bit has changed while scrolling down to the very bottom of the page.
OTHER SITES TO VISIT has now changed to smaller print, and on the very left side of the page.
And there's only ONE ad.
Dunno.
But, that's an improvement, right now, at my end.
Guess i can live with that, if it stays the same.
As long as your ads are free (Gold is a bonus and paying it foreword) and you sell some parts...............................................

As long as your ads are free (Gold is a bonus and paying it foreword) and you sell some parts...............................................
Oh, i agree the 50 bucks being gold is a Ok, being a parts seller, on this site.
It's this "ad" thing that has been brought to the surface, that were in discussion about.
Truthful, and honest, with you here, without turning this posting political, trying to sell parts, these days, due to this inflation, and the way the economy is going, sales have gone down the toilet drain, and not much of anything is moving, these days.

Oh, i agree the 50 bucks being gold is a Ok, being a parts seller, on this site.
It's this "ad" thing that has been brought to the surface, that were in discussion about.
Truthful, and honest, with you here, without turning this posting political, trying to sell parts, these days, due to this inflation, and the way the economy is going, sales have gone down the toilet drain, and not much of anything is moving, these days.
You need to look at the value. $50 is only $10 on 5 parts sold, and you have a captive sales audience here and on the other sites. Like going to a major Mopar swap meet without the 18 hour drive and the $2000 fuel and lodging bill.

Hey Joey, do you interact with other forum owners with different hosting sites, or do you just associate with owners of the same hosting platforms as you?

Maybe the answer is to just remove the gold member status altogether. Just have a "donate" button somewhere. Seems like everybody that donates already doesn't give a crap about the perks anyway. I know I don't. The lack of certainly won't keep me from donating. At least that way, those that feel shorted won't feel like that anymore.

I have no idea what people have going on with their computers and phones to get the ads coming up while veiwing this site.

I have zero ads coming up using this phone, and 3 different laptops and desktop computers while veiwing this site.

Zero, Zippo, Nada, no ads showing.

Screenshot_20221016-201150_Firefox.jpg

We are entitled to nothing. I believe some think they are.
You've seen several members including me say it for years. No one gets paid around here. Not even mods. There's lots of $$$$ in free information around here that people PAY FOR in publications and from professional engine builders, but it's all for free here. Certainly that alone is worth 50 bucks a year?

I have no idea what people have going on with their computers and phones to get the ads coming up while veiwing this site.

I have zero ads coming up using this phone, and 3 different laptops and desktop computers while veiwing this site.

Zero, Zippo, Nada, no ads showing.

View attachment 1715999142

Well here is the problem with the ads coming up:

Just did a test with Google Chrome web browser on my android phone, yes an ad showed up on the bottom of the page.

Ditch the Google Chrome Browser and Switch to Firefox web browser, no ads showing up with Firefox.

Screenshot_20221016-210709_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221016-210713_Chrome.jpg

I log off every time I leave the site too. Close the door behind you when you leave, don't want advertisers studying your profile if you are staying logged on 24/7.

Clearing some of your cookies every once in a while helps too.

Yes, Also just tested with my Basement Windows 7 Desktop computer using Google Chrome web browser. Brought up the forabodiesonly web site to sign in and Ads for the local car dealership scrolling at the top header and Ads down full length on the right hand side.

Then signed into my Gold account to access the site, top and side ads disappeared, but there was a new ad down at the bottom now.

Same thing, Ditch Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge web browsers and Switch to Firefox = No More Ads.

You've seen several members including me say it for years. No one gets paid around here. Not even mods. There's lots of $$$$ in free information around here that people PAY FOR in publications and from professional engine builders, but it's all for free here. Certainly that alone is worth 50 bucks a year?

you're right you know..jpg

-
Back